• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
SF and MS Outlooks stopped working I can’t get it back
in outlook  hit the “send and add to SF” tab, I get a “SF login failure” message reset my security token but does not work

On the Tasks tab using the Mobile application, Is it possible to add a filter show Today + Overdue tasks?  

It would be the same filter you'd see on your home page if you logged into Salesforce via desktop/laptop.

Thanks,

Lori

• February 10, 2011

We have a custom picklist, "Business Practice", on Activities.

We would like the "Business Practice" field to default to the the assigned person's role.

Activities can be entered two ways:

- by the team member (team member assigns themselves to the task)

- by the executive assistant (assigns the task to the team member)

Role hierarchy

--------------

System Admin

- Exec Asst (Eric)

- Practice A leader (Abby)

- Practice A  team member (Adam, Anthony, Amy)

- Practice B leader (Ben)

- Practice B team member (Beth, Bob)

- Practice C leader (Carla)

- Practice C team member (Cathy, Carter, Cassy)

Anthony and Amy set their own appointments (default Business Practice to A).

Bob sets his own appointments (default Business Practice to B).

Cathy, and Cassy set their own appointments (default Business Practice to C).

Eric sets up appointments for:

- Adam (default Business Practice to A)

- Beth (default Business Practice to B)

- Carter (default Business Practice to C)

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?  Or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you.

• November 23, 2010

Is there a way to set up a user with the following limited admin rights?

- Not able to set up new users

- Able to reset passwords on existing users

Due to how the security is set up, I need to restrict who can add users and put them in the proper level of hierarchy.  But, I want to have someone able to reset passwords if I'm not available.

Thanks.

• November 04, 2010

I have users asking about Chatter.

Thanks.

• September 02, 2010

I thought I read somewhere the new user interface from the Spring 10 release will not work with Windows XP.

I'm trying to find where I read that but I can't.  Did I dream it?

• September 02, 2010

Here is the scenario:

- I have a custom object with multiple records types.

- Currently, I have a formula field, "Total Enrollment", based on the type of record;

If record type A, field1 * field2,

If record type B, field3 + field4 + field 5,

If record type C, field1 * field5,

etc

- "Commission" is formula is based on the type of record;

If record type A, "Total Enrollment" * field2 * 25%,

If record type B, (field3 + field4 + field 5) * 15%,

If record type C, "Total Enrollment" * 10%,

etc

- "Annual Revenue" is formula is based on the type of record;

If record type A, "Commission" + field8,

If record type B, field15 - field13,

If record type C, "Commission" + 10000,

etc

- I added an addtional record type, Z so I need to update the formulas for all 3 fields

- Now, the "Annual Revenue" formula won't compile because it's too big.

Ideally:

- When a record is created or updated:

a formula for that record type calculates and updates the "Total Enrollment" field with the end result

a formula for that record type calculates and updates the "Commission" field with the end result

a formula for that record type calculates and updates the "Annual Revenue" field with the end result

- Effectively, I'd have 3 formula fields for each record type instead of one massive formula that checks which record type it is.

Additional problem:

- They've been adding record type Z already, so I need to go back and update the formulas on those records.

Please let me know if

Any suggestions or ideas?

• September 01, 2010

I have a formula with a Compiled size of 4,215 characters.   The value of a picklist determines which formula is used.

This is a simplified version of the formula.

IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "A"), formula1,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "B"), formula2,
IF(OR( ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "C"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "D"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "E"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "F") ), formula3,
IF(OR( ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "G"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "H"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "I"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "J") ), formula4,
IF(OR( ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "K"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "L") ), formula5,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "M"), formula6,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "N"), formula7,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "O"), formula8,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "P"), formula9,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "Q"), formula10,
0))))))))))

Is there any way I can reduce the compile size?

Thanks!

• June 15, 2010

Is it possible to send an email notification to the old owner and new owner when you transfer a lead?

Thanks in advance.

• February 19, 2009

Two of 53 users are receiving the following error message and locking up their Word.

Runtime Error!

Program:  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

We have Outlook 2003 and Word 2000.   We're on the Enterprise edition of Salesforce.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

• February 06, 2009
Our IT department downloaded the exe file to a directory.  I ran the setup.  When I go to Start/Programs/salesforce.com/Mass Update Anything/ and click Mass Update, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  • February 20, 2008
We have a formula that assumes all policies are 12 months.  Now, we have some policies are 3 months. 

Since we have the policy begin dates and policy end dates, I tried "End date - Begin date".  It gives me the results in days but they want it in number of months.

Any suggestions?
  • January 31, 2008
We have the following hierarchy:

Director of Marketing (set as the default lead owner)
   - Team 1 Leader
   - Team 2 Leader
   - Team 3 Leader

The Team 1 Leader wants the ability to change the lead owner from Director of Marketing to someone on his team.  We don't want him to have the same level of access as the Director of Marketing and we don't want to make him the default lead owner.

Is there a way for him to change the lead owner despite the fact he's on a lower hierarchy level?  I haven't found anything in the documentation or on the messages boards that says how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
  • May 03, 2007
I get the following error message for my formula:
Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,217 characters).

I've tried shortening the Field Labels as well as the Field Names.  I even tried making the field lengths shorter.

Nothing I've tried has changed the formula size.

Any other suggestions???

• March 21, 2007
I haven't found anything in the Help or training explains Workflows so I've been doing trial and error.  I'm really hoping I'm overcomplicating the solutions I've been working on (21 Acct Managers where each Acct Manager has 19 Workflow Rules and 19 Workflow Tasks).

Our organization wants to use Workflow to trigger a series of tasks.  Once a  particular task has been created, they want to create a series of other tasks:
Task SubjectAssigned toDue Date from Trigger DateTask SubjectAssigned toDue Date from Trigger Date
Assign WSTLLiz0 daysCreate report 1Acct Mgr (varies by acct)135 days
Task 1Acct Mgr (varies by acct)150 daysCreate report 2Acct Mgr (varies by acct)165 days
Task 2Acct Mgr (varies by acct)180 daysCreate report 3Acct Mgr (varies by acct)195 days
Task 7Acct Mgr (varies by acct)450 daysCreate report 12Acct Mgr (varies by acct)465 days

There are 21 different Acct Mgrs so I really don't want to create a complete set of Workflow Rules and Workflow Tasks for each Acct Mgr.

Ideally:
- Liz creates the trigger task.
- This trigger causes 2 tasks to be created (task 1 and create report 1).
- As each task is completed, the next task is created.  (when task 1 is changed to Completed, it creates task 2, etc).

Couple of questions:
- Since the Acct Mgr varies by the account, can I assign the task based on the Account Team Member role or a value in a custom field?
- To set it up where one task kicks off the next, would that be one Workflow Rule per Workflow Task?
- Is there a way to trigger the next task to start only when the status of the prior task is completed?  I'm assuming I'd do this via the Workflow Rule Criteria section.
- Is there a limit on the number of Workflow Rules?
- Is there a limit on the number of Workflow Tasks?
- When I set up the Workflow Task, is there a way to change which fields are filled in?  Currently, it lists Assigned To, Status, Subject, Priority, Due Date, and Notify Assignee.  I'd like to add a custom field to this list.

Is there training somewhere that I missed?

Thanks in advance!!
  • September 12, 2006

On the Tasks tab using the Mobile application, Is it possible to add a filter show Today + Overdue tasks?  

It would be the same filter you'd see on your home page if you logged into Salesforce via desktop/laptop.

Thanks,

Lori

• February 10, 2011

Is there a way to set up a user with the following limited admin rights?

- Not able to set up new users

- Able to reset passwords on existing users

Due to how the security is set up, I need to restrict who can add users and put them in the proper level of hierarchy.  But, I want to have someone able to reset passwords if I'm not available.

Thanks.

• November 04, 2010

I am attempting to create a formula that will allow me to utilize one field in my dashboard to annotate that a record qualifies for use.  My formula below populates a field that is labeled qualified with "Yes" or "No".  Currently, I am only getting a "Yes" on all records as the formula shows there are many variables that must be "OR" statements and "AND" statements.  Any help would be appreciated.

IF(OR(CreatedDate>= NOW() - 180,Days_since_last_Purchase__c <=365, Buy_Role_Status_Change_Date__c >= TODAY() - 180, Days_Since_Last_Attendance__c <=365,
AND(ISPICKVAL( Companay_Buy_Status__c , "Active"), TS_Left_Message__c >=TODAY()-3, Dlr_Reg_Notified__c >=TODAY()-28, TS_last_contact_date__c >=TODAY()-21),

(OR(ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c , "DNC- DC Account"),ISPICKVAL(TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Do Not Call- Dealership Request"),ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Obsolete Buyer"),ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Out of Business") ))
),"Yes", "No")

• October 20, 2010

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with a formula

I have a field called "CC after discount" that I want to update from three possibly fields minus a discount field.

Three possible fields are

Legacy Connection charge - Custom field - Currency

Connection Charge - custom field - Roll up summary

Connection Charge FS - Roll up summary

Upgrade additional connection charge - currency field.

I want to take the value from any one of these (which ever one has a value) and minus the amount entered in the field called "Discount Amount connection charge" which is custom field - currency.  and enter the result into the "CC after discount" field.

Thanks in advance for your help

Geri

• October 18, 2010

So, I am running a custom report on some custom objects that I made. The first object is Patient-Item, this object is for a purchase of an item by a patient. It contains the Patient ID, Item ID, Quantity, and Date Purchased. The second object is Item, which contains Item ID, Description, and Unit Cost.

For my Custom Summary Formula, I want to display the Total Cost by multiplying the Patient-Item: Quantity by the Item: Unit Cost. 

So far I have come up with this formula:

( PAT_ITEM__c.PI_QUANTITY__c:SUM )   *  (FK_Item__c.ITEM_UNIT_COST__c:SUM)

This formula will work when I summarize the information by Patient-Item: Patient-Item ID and Item ID: Item ID.

But when I summarize the information by Patient ID and Patient-Item: Patient-Item ID, it gets all screwy. It shows the correct amount for each individual patient-item, but the formula is incorrect for an individual patient's total-cost on all item purchases.

For example, one patient bought 2 items at $2.00 each and 1 item at $7.99, and the total given to me is $29.97. I understand that this is correct according to my formula, but what I want it to show is ((2*$2.00)+(1*$7.99)), which is $11.99.

But for some reason, another patient bought 1 item at $25.00 and then another instance of 4 items at $25.00 each, and the total given to me was $125.00, even though the formula should have come up with ((1+4)*($25.00+$25.00)) = 5 * $50.00 = $250.00

So I am thinking that the formula I am looking for looks something like this:

(( PAT_ITEM__c.PI_QUANTITY__c )   *  (FK_Item__c.ITEM_UNIT_COST__c)):SUM

But this gives me several error messages, 

First: "extra ":""

If I remove the ":", then I get: "extra SUM"

If I remove the "SUM", then I get: "PAT_ITEM__c.PI_QUANTITY__c does not exist. Check Spelling."

I would like to be able to summarize my information by Patient ID and Patient-Item: Patient-Item ID so that users can find a Total Cost for several Patient-Items being purchased by the same Patient, and if possible on the same date or within a short period of time (which I have defined so far as Today in the Time Frame box on the Run Report screen).

So I guess I was just wondering if someone could help me out with my formula syntax. I've checked the Tips and I can't seem to find anything that makes sense.

Thanks, and I hope this post wasn't too long.

Here is the scenario:

- I have a custom object with multiple records types.

- Currently, I have a formula field, "Total Enrollment", based on the type of record;

If record type A, field1 * field2,

If record type B, field3 + field4 + field 5,

If record type C, field1 * field5,

etc

- "Commission" is formula is based on the type of record;

If record type A, "Total Enrollment" * field2 * 25%,

If record type B, (field3 + field4 + field 5) * 15%,

If record type C, "Total Enrollment" * 10%,

etc

- "Annual Revenue" is formula is based on the type of record;

If record type A, "Commission" + field8,

If record type B, field15 - field13,

If record type C, "Commission" + 10000,

etc

- I added an addtional record type, Z so I need to update the formulas for all 3 fields

- Now, the "Annual Revenue" formula won't compile because it's too big.

Ideally:

- When a record is created or updated:

a formula for that record type calculates and updates the "Total Enrollment" field with the end result

a formula for that record type calculates and updates the "Commission" field with the end result

a formula for that record type calculates and updates the "Annual Revenue" field with the end result

- Effectively, I'd have 3 formula fields for each record type instead of one massive formula that checks which record type it is.

Additional problem:

- They've been adding record type Z already, so I need to go back and update the formulas on those records.

Please let me know if

Any suggestions or ideas?

• September 01, 2010

I have a formula with a Compiled size of 4,215 characters.   The value of a picklist determines which formula is used.

This is a simplified version of the formula.

IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "A"), formula1,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "B"), formula2,
IF(OR( ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "C"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "D"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "E"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "F") ), formula3,
IF(OR( ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "G"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "H"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "I"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "J") ), formula4,
IF(OR( ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "K"), ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "L") ), formula5,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "M"), formula6,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "N"), formula7,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "O"), formula8,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "P"), formula9,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Type__c, "Q"), formula10,
0))))))))))

Is there any way I can reduce the compile size?

Thanks!

• June 15, 2010

I am trying to reduce the size of my formula as it keeps giving me a compile error. How do I do this? Is it the formula syntax or the actual field size.

if(MONTH( Date_Received__c)=1,(DATE(YEAR(Date_Received__c), MONTH(Date_Received__c),31)),
if(MONTH( Date_Received__c)=2,(DATE(YEAR(Date_Received__c), MONTH(Date_Received__c),28)), 
if(MONTH( Date_Received__c)=3,(DATE(YEAR(Date_Received__c), MONTH(Date_Received__c),31)), 
if(MONTH( Date_Received__c)=4,(DATE(YEAR(Date_Received__c), MONTH(Date_Received__c),30)), 
if(MONTH( Date_Received__c)=5,(DATE(YEAR(Date_Received__c), MONTH(Date_Received__c),31)), 
if(MONTH( Date_Received__c)=6,(DATE(YEAR(Date_Received__c), MONTH(Date_Received__c),30)), 
 TODAY() ))))))

I can only get up to June and I need the whole year in here.

Thank you in advance

• May 25, 2010

We have new offices that will be using Citrix. 

Has anyone successfully used Citrix with the Outlook Connector?

Thanks

Hi .. here is my formula:

IF(AND(NOT(ISNULL(Entry_Date__c)), ISNULL( Detail__c )),"Created", IF(AND(NOT(ISNULL(Entry_Date__c)), NOT(ISNULL( Detail__c ))),"Processed", IF(AND(NOT(ISNULL(Entry_Date__c)), NOT(ISNULL( Detail__c )), (Detail__r.Paid__c)),"Paid","")))

.. My issue with Above Formula is that it ALWAYS return "PROCESSED" ... no other value nis returned. I could not get it right for my processing, can ANYBODY please help me out in acheiving this result for this data.

ACTUAL OUTPUT FROM FORMULA:

Status__cDetail__cPaid__cEntry_Date__c
Processed  2/20/2009
ProcessedXYZ-001TRUE2/20/2009
ProcessedXYZ-004 2/20/2009
ProcessedXYZ-005 2/20/2009
ProcessedXYZ-002TRUE2/20/2009
Processed  2/20/2009

DESIRED OUTPUT:

Status__cDetail__cPaid__cEntry_Date__c
Created  2/20/2009
PaidXYZ-001TRUE2/20/2009
ProcessedXYZ-004 2/20/2009
ProcessedXYZ-005 2/20/2009
PaidXYZ-002TRUE2/20/2009
Created  2/20/2009

Message Edited by vchaddha on 02-20-2009 09:02 AM
  • February 20, 2009
Here is my issue:
My company recently took on an "Inside Sales" department.  We took around 200 accounts from our other salespeople, and had them transferred over to the new dept.  Along with the accounts, obviously numerous contacts associated with the accounts had their ownership changed as well.  When the salespeople who lost the accounts are syncing through outlook, they keep re-creating the contacts that are no longer theirs.  How can I get this to stop.  Every other day I have to do a mass delete of contacts because of the duplicates that keep being created.  If you need more information, please let me know.  I need this resolved.

Thanks
  • January 19, 2009
SF and MS Outlooks stopped working I can’t get it back
in outlook  hit the “send and add to SF” tab, I get a “SF login failure” message reset my security token but does not work
Can we Add/Remove buttons like, Save, Save & New, Cancel with our custom buttons on Edit Pages?
  • December 18, 2008

I ran the same query with three different times specified and got three different results. I ran the query once using "LAST_QUARTER", once using the dates describing that quarter, then three times using the dates which describe those months. Different answers!

Q1 08

"SELECT Severity__c, S__c, Owner.Name, IsClosed, CreatedDate FROM Case WHERE CreatedDate > 2008-01-01T00:00:01Z AND CreatedDate < 2008-03-31T23:59:59Z"

RESULT: 2012

MONTHS IN Q1 QUERIED INDIVIDUALLY

January

"SELECT Severity__c, S__c, Owner.Name, IsClosed, CreatedDate FROM Case WHERE CreatedDate > 2008-01-01T00:00:01Z AND CreatedDate < 2008-01-31T23:59:59Z"

RESULT: 663

February

"SELECT Severity__c, S__c, Owner.Name, IsClosed, CreatedDate FROM Case WHERE CreatedDate > 2008-02-01T00:00:01Z AND CreatedDate < 2008-02-28T23:59:59Z"

RESULT: 632

March

"SELECT Severity__c, S__c, Owner.Name, IsClosed, CreatedDate FROM Case WHERE CreatedDate > 2008-03-01T00:00:01Z AND CreatedDate < 2008-03-31T23:59:59Z"

RESULT: 692

TOTAL RESULT: 1987

A difference of 25!

How is this possible? What am I doing wrong? I need some help on this.

I could not run the xls connector since the upgrade to the summer 08 release.
I installed the latest version of the office edition too.
Somebody can help me to recover this appi?
Thanks
  • June 27, 2008
Hi all,

I am new to SF, especially to formulas.  I created a custom field "Lead Score" in the leads tab and would like to score my leads based on 8-10 criterias including leadsource, customer budget, timeline etc...

I researched online and learned to make one formula work:

if ( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Web"), 4,
if ( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Trade Show"), 6,
if ( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Phone Inquiry"), 8,
if( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Partner"), 10,
if( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Advertisement"), 4,
if( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Employee Referral"), 7,
if( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "External Referral"), 6,
if( ISPICKVAL( LeadSource , "Unclassified"), 0, 0))))))))

but now when I try to add a second formula (below) to the same formula field or a seperate one it gives me syntax errors " )".  How can I score my leads based on 8+ criterias that are listed on my Leads field? Any help is greatly appreciated.

if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "None"), 0,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$0-$999"), 2,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$1,000 - $ 2,000"), 4,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$2,000 - $4,000"), 5,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$5,000 - $ 10,000"),6,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$15,000 - $25,000"), 7,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$30,000 - $ 45,000"),9,
if ( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$50,000 - $80,000"), 10,
if( ISPICKVAL( {!Budget} , "$100,000+"), 12, 0))))))))

Best Regards,

Kush

Please note that my ) signs appear to be smilies :(

Message Edited by Kush on 06-09-2008 03:12 PM
  • June 09, 2008
Hello

I am a newbie to salesforce coding and these forums so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place! I hope someone can help me out.

I recently implemented salesforce primarily to improve our case management process. A key requirement is to be able to monitor the time we have spent internally on a case vs the number of hours the customer has on their SLA and the corresponding time left i.e. SLA hours MINUS time spent so far. I downloaded a neat stop clock application from appXchange to provide a simple stop clock and it workw well. I have also figured out how to create the fields and everything is working to a point but....

Rather than have to go into each record and press save to trigger a field refresh, how can I update multiple records in one go?

Is there a simple bit of code that can run against a set of records and update a particular field? Do I need an S control - not really sure how to make one but someone suggested it would be a place to start?

I have struggled to find an answer to something I have found simple in other systems (in Lotus I used agents set to run on schedule for example).

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this formula?  I just want to create categories that I can group start times by in a report:

IF(TRIM(LEFT(Start_Time__c, 1)) = "7", "7 AM", "",
  IF(TRIM(LEFT(Start_Time__c, 1)) = "8", "8 AM", "",
    IF(TRIM(LEFT(Start_Time__c, 1)) = "9", "9 AM", "" )))

If I close the first statement it works correctly, but as soon as I add on I get an error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott