• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created an example list view button and when I click it, I am getting a javascript error:

" A problem with the OnClick Javascript for this button or link was encountered: Expected ';'

The button code is quite simple:

newArray = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Task)};
alert(newArray);

This list button works in Contacts and the Activity List View records, BUT NOT for Accounts.  The only thing non-standard is that I am using record types with the accounts.  I have added the button to all list views for all record type layouts.  I am using IE6. 

I think this might be a bug...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BKM
I have an existing record with a number field that I can use AJAX/JavaScript to update the field to any number but zero.  Is there are trick to setting a number field to either "0" or null/empty.

I am using AJAX 8.0 / Javascript and using the new sforce.SObject() method.

I have tried fieldname = 0; fieldname = "null"; field name = "nothing"; fieldname = "empty"; and seeting a variable to 0 then fieldname = variable;

As soon as I set the fieldname = 1 it successfully updates.

Thanks in advance...

BKM
  • April 18, 2007
I am trying to define a button that queries the child records of the record I am sitting on.  I have started with some thing like the following which in my mind is supposed to use the id of the record I am sitting on to query the child table.

var records = sforce.connection.query("select child__c.id, child__c.field1__c from child__c where child__c.parent__c.id = {!parent__c.Id}");

I am relatively new at coding queries against ajax 8.0 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BKM
  • February 27, 2007
I originally posted this on the VB and Office list but received no response.  Did not know this forum was here....

I am having no luck inserting Tasks via the Excel Connector.  Can someone advise if it is just not possible?

I have a professional Account and have successfully used Excel Connector for a lot tables but cannot get it to work on tasks.  I literally queried the table, cut and pasted an actual task, changed the date, and put new in the ID field and attempted an insert.  I always get this error:

Salesforce Create()
invalid range, missing data type,  or other error,
Type is: Task
The current field definition for "CreatedById" requires a value to be set

Things I have tried:
User the actual UserRecordID data in place of just the Alias
Removing the Account ID data
Changing the default "Created By ID" to the referenced "CreatedByID"
And just about every other permutation of variables associated with the created by id field.

HELP!  Am I just barking up the wrong tree - is it not possible?

Thanks for any help!

BKM
  • August 21, 2006
I have been attempting now to load some contact data migration data into one of my client's accounts on the NA1 instance of SFDC.  Has anyone else noticed that the Queue is backed up to 18 hours now?  My record is only 7500 records and 3 fields!

Opened a CASE and Customer Support says there is nothing they can do...

Can someone advise if this is normal? Because if so, I guess I will have to migrate my data out of SFDC.

BKM

• August 16, 2006
I am having no luck inserting Tasks via the Excel Connector.  Can someone advise if it is just not possible?

I have a professional Account and have successfully used Excel Connector for a lot tables but cannot get it to work on tasks.  I literally queried the table, cut and pasted an actual task, changed the date and attempted an insert.  I always get this error:

Salesforce Create()
invalid range, missing data type,  or other error,
Type is: Task
The current field definition for "CreatedById" requires a value to be set

Things I have tried:
User the actual UserRecordID data in place of just the Alias
Removing the Account ID data
Changing the default "Created By ID" to the referenced "CreatedByID"
And just about every other permutation of variables associated with the created by id field.

HELP!  Am I just barking up the wrong tree - is it not possible?

Thanks for any help!

BKM

• August 16, 2006
What code would I write in my VBA module to have my macro automatically step into the "Run each query on all sheets" menu item from the connector?

I have written some VBA code to handle the preceding and subsequent steps, and now just need to call that connector function to complete the macro.

Thanks in advance.

BKM
I think this is a can't see the forest through the trees issue...

I cannot determine how to sync SF contacts that are owned by other users.  The Outlook Edition pdf references using "Sync Profiles" but I cannot locate any information in help, in the boards, or in the salesforce.com config window found in the Outlook menu.

Can someone spin me and point me to where I can find out how to sync contacts that are owned by other users?

Thanks in advance!

B

• March 10, 2006
Yesterday I uploaded a managed package in "release" mode.  I have uploaded earlier versions of this package in "beta" mode many times before, and they have always installed correctly.

However, my "release" mode package cannot be installed.  Both yesterday and today, when I try to install it, I get this error:

Salesforce, any thoughts on why this is?  In my dev org, the package shows as having uploaded OK and I got the "Your package upload has completed" email.
  • June 17, 2008
Does anyone know if you can change/customize the e-mail form that is send when you "Save & Send" and event in Salesforce.com?  I have looked in e-mail templates and in the customization section.

Currently when you use this feature there is a very Salesforce.con branded e-mail that is produced.  While I don't mind some branding I would also like the option in modify it similar to our e-mail templates while still giving credit where its due to Salesforce.com.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

I have created an example list view button and when I click it, I am getting a javascript error:

" A problem with the OnClick Javascript for this button or link was encountered: Expected ';'

The button code is quite simple:

newArray = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Task)};
alert(newArray);

This list button works in Contacts and the Activity List View records, BUT NOT for Accounts.  The only thing non-standard is that I am using record types with the accounts.  I have added the button to all list views for all record type layouts.  I am using IE6. 

I think this might be a bug...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BKM
Is it possible to assign object ownership to a Queue through the API (setting the OwnerId field to a Queue object)?  I see tis reference can be a group or user, but is there any way to assign it to a queue?
I have an existing record with a number field that I can use AJAX/JavaScript to update the field to any number but zero.  Is there are trick to setting a number field to either "0" or null/empty.

I am using AJAX 8.0 / Javascript and using the new sforce.SObject() method.

I have tried fieldname = 0; fieldname = "null"; field name = "nothing"; fieldname = "empty"; and seeting a variable to 0 then fieldname = variable;

As soon as I set the fieldname = 1 it successfully updates.

Thanks in advance...

BKM
  • April 18, 2007
I have a managed package which has been published to the AppExchange.  I now want to remove a couple of items from the package and re-publish it.  But when I look at the package detail, most of the items in the package do not have a Remove link next to them.  How can I remove them?
I currently create custom reports as follows:

1. Use sforce connector in Excel to automatically get data from sforce.

2. Use Access to run Excel (Automation), get the data into access, do the join and create custom reports.

(VBA code is below)

This works fine, but requires distribution of Access programs and downloading data...which can be slow.

Questions:
What are the options for creating complex reports directly in sforce?

Are there high level tools or does each report need to be programmed in ??

For example, I need a crosstab report with more thant the two row headings allowed in report customization.

Thanks for your ideas.

VBA code in Excel:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In Application.Worksheets
ws.Activate
Call sfqueryall(True)'found in previous connectors
Next ws
End Sub

VBA Code in Access:

Private Sub Update_Click()
Set xlApp = CreateObject ('Excel.Application')
With xlApp
.Visible = True
.Workbooks.Open 'C:\sforcedata'
.ActiveWorkbook.Save
.Quit
End With
Set xlApp = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, 'Accounts'
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, 'Accounts','C:\sforcedata',True, 'Accounts'
DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, 'Opps'
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, 'C:\sforcedata',True, 'Opps'
End Sub
  • September 27, 2006