• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys,

We have an App Exchange listing and get the following when it's installed in a developer account:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 958869539-2308 (745887258)

The application is two web tabs, a folder, and an image - so not exactly rocket science on a SFDC side.  Any ideas why it's not working?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi guys,

I'm using Email2Case with Microsoft Exchange.  The messages are showing as 'read' on the server after the plugin does it's collection.  However, it keeps collecting read e-mails over and over.  So, it seems to be ignoring the 'read' status of the e-mail.

Perhaps this is standard behaviour and we need to delete the 'read' mails - however, I don't know how this works.

All the best,

Steve
Hi guys,

For some reason I'm getting a
Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.partner.GetUserInfoResult - licenseType

stack trace:
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.partner.GetUserInfoResult - licenseType
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.java:258)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2467)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.getUserInfo(SoapBindingStub.java:3143)
When I try to login to salesforce through the API.

I'm using Axis 1.4, I've regenerated the Partner WSDL code using WSDL2Java and I'm logging in as follows:

try
{
    binding = (SoapBindingStub)new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();
}
catch (ServiceException ex1)
{
    System.out.println(ex1.getMessage());
    ex1.printStackTrace();
    return null;
}

try
{
    binding = (SoapBindingStub)new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new URL(url));
    binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, url);
}
catch (MalformedURLException ex)
{
    System.out.println(ex.getMessage() + "\n\n");
    ex.printStackTrace();
    return null;
}
catch (ServiceException ex)
{
    ex.printStackTrace();
    return null;
}

//create a session head object
SessionHeader sh = new SessionHeader();

sh.setSessionId(sessionID);

MruHeader mru = new MruHeader();
mru.setUpdateMru(true);

binding.setHeader("urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com", "MruHeader", mru);
binding.setHeader("SforceService", "SessionHeader", sh);

try
{
    userInfo = binding.getUserInfo();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
    e.printStackTrace();
}

return userInfo;

It used to work, so not sure what's happened.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi guys,

I have a custom object which I use to store link information to our other systems.  I can insert records (pretty much using an exact copy of the example code provided) and it works fine.  However:

The record doesn't show in any other linked lists until I manually go to the record and click on the 'Edit' button.

I don't need to edit, or even click cancel, I just need to open the record in the edit view.  If I do this, the record takes and is viewable in all of the linked lists.

Has anyone seen this before.  It's almost like the record has not been commited to the system - trouble is - I can't see how you commit using the API (or the examples).

Any help is much appreciated.

Steve
Is it possible to insert text in to a page that's read-only?

Basically, we're looking to do the same as the e-mail synchronization, where the contents of the e-mail is appended to a record, but it cannot be edited.  Ideally, we'd insert HTML and have the HTML rendered, but I'm assuming this is a bit ambitious given what I've read.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi guys,

I have a list of custom objects - 'sparks' - each one has a name, description and hyperlink.  However, I don't want to show the hyperlink.

I have another custom object and associated tab that looks up the above objects - this tab is called 'interviews'.  But, how do I do the following:

1.  The user selects their 'spark' object using the lookup
2.  The lookup then inserts the URL into the 'interview' record, but also appends a unique field identifier to the end.

So, the user simply sees the name of the spark, but behind the scenes, the system has grabbed the spark URL, appended the interview record ID and created a hyperlink for the user to use.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi guys,

We have an App Exchange listing and get the following when it's installed in a developer account:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 958869539-2308 (745887258)

The application is two web tabs, a folder, and an image - so not exactly rocket science on a SFDC side.  Any ideas why it's not working?

Cheers,

Steve
Hi guys,

I'm using Email2Case with Microsoft Exchange.  The messages are showing as 'read' on the server after the plugin does it's collection.  However, it keeps collecting read e-mails over and over.  So, it seems to be ignoring the 'read' status of the e-mail.

Perhaps this is standard behaviour and we need to delete the 'read' mails - however, I don't know how this works.

All the best,

Steve
Hi guys,

For some reason I'm getting a
Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.partner.GetUserInfoResult - licenseType

stack trace:
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.sforce.soap.partner.GetUserInfoResult - licenseType
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.java:258)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2467)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/08/30 12:55:10 | at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.getUserInfo(SoapBindingStub.java:3143)
When I try to login to salesforce through the API.

I'm using Axis 1.4, I've regenerated the Partner WSDL code using WSDL2Java and I'm logging in as follows:

try
{
    binding = (SoapBindingStub)new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();
}
catch (ServiceException ex1)
{
    System.out.println(ex1.getMessage());
    ex1.printStackTrace();
    return null;
}

try
{
    binding = (SoapBindingStub)new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new URL(url));
    binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, url);
}
catch (MalformedURLException ex)
{
    ex.printStackTrace();
    return null;
}
catch (ServiceException ex)
{
    ex.printStackTrace();
    return null;
}

//create a session head object
SessionHeader sh = new SessionHeader();

sh.setSessionId(sessionID);

MruHeader mru = new MruHeader();
mru.setUpdateMru(true);

binding.setHeader("urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com", "MruHeader", mru);
binding.setHeader("SforceService", "SessionHeader", sh);

try
{
    userInfo = binding.getUserInfo();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
    e.printStackTrace();
}

return userInfo;

It used to work, so not sure what's happened.

Cheers,

Steve
Are there any plans to improve the self service capability in salesforce.com?

It's just plain awful - so bad in fact, that clearly salesforce.com don't even use it.

I may be missing something but:
  • Why can't I write solutions in HTML with formatting?
  • Why is the width of the page hard-coded to a maximum size (why not a percentage)?
  • Why must I have the enormous salesforce.com logo at the bottom of every page - I mean, how much advertising does it need?
It feels like something that was thrown together, but should never have been released - I mean, these are REALLY basic problems and I've only just started researching its capability.

The reason I ask is because we want to add a self-service support management system to our site and ideally we'd be linked to our customer data.  At this moment in time, salesforce.com feels like a very poor solution and I'd like to think it was going to improve.

Cheers,

Steve
Hi guys,

I have a custom object which I use to store link information to our other systems.  I can insert records (pretty much using an exact copy of the example code provided) and it works fine.  However:

The record doesn't show in any other linked lists until I manually go to the record and click on the 'Edit' button.

I don't need to edit, or even click cancel, I just need to open the record in the edit view.  If I do this, the record takes and is viewable in all of the linked lists.

Has anyone seen this before.  It's almost like the record has not been commited to the system - trouble is - I can't see how you commit using the API (or the examples).

Any help is much appreciated.

Steve
Hi guys,

I have a list of custom objects - 'sparks' - each one has a name, description and hyperlink.  However, I don't want to show the hyperlink.

I have another custom object and associated tab that looks up the above objects - this tab is called 'interviews'.  But, how do I do the following:

1.  The user selects their 'spark' object using the lookup
2.  The lookup then inserts the URL into the 'interview' record, but also appends a unique field identifier to the end.

So, the user simply sees the name of the spark, but behind the scenes, the system has grabbed the spark URL, appended the interview record ID and created a hyperlink for the user to use.

Cheers,

Steve