• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using the new Manage Package feature which appends a new namespace on custom objects.  Everything was working fine until a day or two ago and now the API seems unable to find the custom objects even though they are being requested by the proper name.  Has anyone had any issues with namespaces while using the Manage Package?

If it helps I get:
Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [sf:INVALID_FIELD] INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'EROI__EROI_Subject__c' on entity 'EROI__EROI_Edition_Contact__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

This error would be easy to troubleshoot if the column it claims doesn't exist did not exist.  But it does.  Any ideas?
  • February 01, 2007
I'm creating an app for the appexchange and have recently deployed a beta testing version and have found for larger organizations that the data I put into Salesforce eats up a lot of space (10s of MBs). Data is stored between two custom objects.  One of the custom objects is attached per contact and can easily contain 40+ records (this is the one that would be causing large storage sizes).  I'm wondering if there are some good gerneral optimzation procedures. 

The main question I have right now is how adding Notes & Attachments might increase the size.  That functionality is really not necessary so if it eats up a lot of space I should remove it before our full release.  Does anyone know how much adding the Notes & Attachments on to an object increases Data Storage sizes?

*Also, as a general coment, it would be nice to be able to remove Notes & Attachments after creating an object.

Message Edited by Tore on 09-06-2006 08:59 AM

• September 06, 2006
I'm adding tasks to a Contact through the API and have both the realated to and WhatID linked to the associated Campaign(on the task).  This does not seem to associate the contact to the campaign.  I believe I need to pass each contact as into the Campaign Member object to make them offically part of the Campaign.  My question is what is the purpose of the WhatID on the task if it doesn't link directly to the campaign?
  • July 31, 2006
It doesn't sound like there will be any effect to the Web-to-lead forms.  It was mentioned that we should stop all API calls during this configuration period but does that include Web-to-lead forms?  What will happen to the data posted during this period?
  • June 13, 2006
I'm building an app that needs to take a large number of contacts and synch them with salesforce contacts based on email addresses (which i've set up as a custom field for an external facing id).  I can use upsert to update/insert in bulk which works great, but also need to have the ability to do the same thing but not overwrite existing data in some cases.  I wouldn't want to have to retrieve each contact from SF and compare to the contact for import.  I could build some kind of massive request based on groups of email addresses and then compare larger groups which would at least reduce the number of calls I have to make back and forth, but I'm hoping to find a better solution.  Any ideas?
  • June 07, 2006
From what I understand it is not possible to add custom objects or even add new fields to existing objects via the api at this point.  I would like to store small amounts of data relating to the user's setting (in this case storing usernames and passwords for yet other applications as well as mapping Salesforce fields to fields in these other applications) within salesforce rather than our own additional database to store this data. 

Has anyone come up with a useful way to store this kind of information?  I thought about making a custom S-control to store this information in (which could be formatted in such a way it could be displayed usefully to the user) but that seems hacky at best.  Should I just forget it and build my own database and wait for the update to the API?  Has the API already been updated and I'm just not aware of it?  Are there any other ideas?
  • April 13, 2006
I'm using the new Manage Package feature which appends a new namespace on custom objects.  Everything was working fine until a day or two ago and now the API seems unable to find the custom objects even though they are being requested by the proper name.  Has anyone had any issues with namespaces while using the Manage Package?

If it helps I get:
Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [sf:INVALID_FIELD] INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'EROI__EROI_Subject__c' on entity 'EROI__EROI_Edition_Contact__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

This error would be easy to troubleshoot if the column it claims doesn't exist did not exist.  But it does.  Any ideas?
  • February 01, 2007
I'm building an app that needs to take a large number of contacts and synch them with salesforce contacts based on email addresses (which i've set up as a custom field for an external facing id).  I can use upsert to update/insert in bulk which works great, but also need to have the ability to do the same thing but not overwrite existing data in some cases.  I wouldn't want to have to retrieve each contact from SF and compare to the contact for import.  I could build some kind of massive request based on groups of email addresses and then compare larger groups which would at least reduce the number of calls I have to make back and forth, but I'm hoping to find a better solution.  Any ideas?
  • June 07, 2006
Hello,

We're using the following bit of code (not exhaustively provided here) to upsert a Lead. The resulting error states the external ID does not exist. We have created a custom field for Leads called "emailid" in the account to which this code is attempting to upsert the Lead. Any ideas why this is not working?

$sObject = new SObject();

$sObject->fields=$FIELDS;

$sObject->type=$data["salesforce_type"];

$sObject->emailid=$data["email"];

$sfresults=$client2->upsert('emailid',array($sObject));

Perhaps something as simple as a working example using real strings (vs variables) would provide all the  direction we need to get this working.

Thanks,

-Ben

From what I understand it is not possible to add custom objects or even add new fields to existing objects via the api at this point.  I would like to store small amounts of data relating to the user's setting (in this case storing usernames and passwords for yet other applications as well as mapping Salesforce fields to fields in these other applications) within salesforce rather than our own additional database to store this data. 

Has anyone come up with a useful way to store this kind of information?  I thought about making a custom S-control to store this information in (which could be formatted in such a way it could be displayed usefully to the user) but that seems hacky at best.  Should I just forget it and build my own database and wait for the update to the API?  Has the API already been updated and I'm just not aware of it?  Are there any other ideas?
  • April 13, 2006