• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have recently installed the latest Connect for Office add-in and have various issues with it:

a) it seems impossible to "uninstall"...
Although listed in VBE is not available for removal via standard Add-In menu bar (as it should be) nor is it available via software removal.

b) it is impossible to call Application.Quit without getting the dreaded Type Mismatch error on doing so -- given you normally only run BeforeClose events when you are automating tasks this is obviously a pain.

Can anyone shed any light on how the add-in can be removed ?

Given the Add-In is protected it's impossible to fix whichever variables are causing the problem in the SFDC.xla so removal is only option.... it's a shame it is protected as it would be nice to have some control oevr where the toolbar positions itself on initialisation etc... and to be able to monitor handling of proxies on connection.

Thanks,
  • January 11, 2008
How do I configure the VBA  in the sforce_connector.xla to permit login over proxy?  Works fine with direct internet connection but fails when run on a network with proxy setup... (or do I configure the proxy settings themselves?)

Thanks
I have recently installed the latest Connect for Office add-in and have various issues with it:

a) it seems impossible to "uninstall"...
Although listed in VBE is not available for removal via standard Add-In menu bar (as it should be) nor is it available via software removal.

b) it is impossible to call Application.Quit without getting the dreaded Type Mismatch error on doing so -- given you normally only run BeforeClose events when you are automating tasks this is obviously a pain.

Can anyone shed any light on how the add-in can be removed ?

Given the Add-In is protected it's impossible to fix whichever variables are causing the problem in the SFDC.xla so removal is only option.... it's a shame it is protected as it would be nice to have some control oevr where the toolbar positions itself on initialisation etc... and to be able to monitor handling of proxies on connection.

Thanks,
  • January 11, 2008
How do I configure the VBA  in the sforce_connector.xla to permit login over proxy?  Works fine with direct internet connection but fails when run on a network with proxy setup... (or do I configure the proxy settings themselves?)

Thanks