• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I started working with the Command Line interface for Data Loader 13.0.  It runs fine, creates the extract file specified, but I get all blanks. 

2008-08-28 14:57:09,649 INFO  [csvExportUsers] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter
doneSuccess (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:55) - The extract has fully completed.
  There were 54 successful extracts and 0 errors.

File data:

"ID","USERNAME","LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","","DEPARTMENT","TITLE","ISACTIVE","USERROLEID","PROFILEID","MANAGERID",""

"","","","","","","","","","","",""   ....etc for 54 rows.

Just looking to get a successful test with a user extract before inserting, etc.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• August 28, 2008
I've been reading through messages, and I haven't seen this question asked yet.

We've been running 2 S-Controls for a couple years now without issue. The control grabs the ID of the current account and then retrieves the related row from a custom object using that ID.  Lately, I have users complaining that the query is timing out. 

Strange thing is, I can't replicate the timeout on my machine.  I've seen it happen on their machines, but if I get a call about the timeout I immediately go in and try the same account without error. 

Am I just that lucky?    Any ideas as to what's going on?
  • July 10, 2008
I'm at a loss, I can't figure out how the Account object is related to a Territory.  I'm looking to build a function that evaluates "If the Account is in this Territory, then..." etc.    Is this possible?
  • April 11, 2008

About a year ago, I created a custom button on Leads for Convert with a purpose of having 'Do not create a new opportunity upon conversion' checked by default instead of unchecked.  As of a few days ago, it no longer works and I'm receiving the URL No Longer Exists message.  I've included the script below.  Your help would be greatly appreciated in resolving this.

"/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}&nooppti=1"

• March 25, 2009
Need to create an auto-number field that only creates an auto-number if a contract is converted to Active - from Draft status.
Does anyone know what code would do this?

Thanks,
LSK
  • September 05, 2008
I started working with the Command Line interface for Data Loader 13.0.  It runs fine, creates the extract file specified, but I get all blanks. 

2008-08-28 14:57:09,649 INFO  [csvExportUsers] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter
doneSuccess (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:55) - The extract has fully completed.
  There were 54 successful extracts and 0 errors.

File data:

"ID","USERNAME","LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","","DEPARTMENT","TITLE","ISACTIVE","USERROLEID","PROFILEID","MANAGERID",""

"","","","","","","","","","","",""   ....etc for 54 rows.

Just looking to get a successful test with a user extract before inserting, etc.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• August 28, 2008
I'm having trouble using the Apex Data Loader from the command line.  It works fine thru the GUI.  If I encrypt just my password and run it, I get an "Invalid user name, password, or missing security token" error.  If I encrypt my password and my security token, I get the following error:

2008-08-15 15:46:53,476 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:388) - The log has been initialized
2008-08-15 15:46:53,492 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:78) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 13.0\bin\..\conf\process-conf.xml
2008-08-15 15:46:53,538 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 13.0\bin\..\conf\process-conf.xml]
2008-08-15 15:46:53,570 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (CollectionFactory.java:66) - JDK 1.4+ collections available
2008-08-15 15:46:53,585 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (CollectionFactory.java:71) - Commons Collections 3.x available
2008-08-15 15:46:53,648 INFO  [positionExtract] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:343) - The controller config has been initialized
2008-08-15 15:46:53,648 INFO  [positionExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:102) - Initializing process engine
2008-08-15 15:46:53,663 INFO  [positionExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:105) - Loading parameters
2008-08-15 15:46:54,663 ERROR [positionExtract] config.Config decryptProperty (Config.java:642) - Error loading parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String
javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
 at com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE_h.b(DashoA12275)
 at com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE_h.b(DashoA12275)
 at com.sun.crypto.provider.DESCipher.engineDoFinal(DashoA12275)
 at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(DashoA12275)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.security.EncryptionUtil.decryptString(EncryptionUtil.java:197)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.config.Config.decryptProperty(Config.java:636)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.config.Config.postLoad(Config.java:588)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.config.Config.loadParameterOverrides(Config.java:614)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:106)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:228)
2008-08-15 15:46:54,663 FATAL [positionExtract] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:156) - Error loading parameter: sfdc.password of type: java.lang.String

It seems to be having a problem with the password but I'm not sure what it's trying to tell me.

I discovered what the problem was.  I did not have the password and security token encrypted properly. 

Message Edited by upsetstomach on 08-18-2008 01:43 PM
I've been reading through messages, and I haven't seen this question asked yet.

We've been running 2 S-Controls for a couple years now without issue. The control grabs the ID of the current account and then retrieves the related row from a custom object using that ID.  Lately, I have users complaining that the query is timing out. 

Strange thing is, I can't replicate the timeout on my machine.  I've seen it happen on their machines, but if I get a call about the timeout I immediately go in and try the same account without error. 

Am I just that lucky?    Any ideas as to what's going on?
  • July 10, 2008
Is there a user type that is specifically designed for API usage so you don't have to worry about the password expiring in your application?  I've been using an admin login and I doubt that is a best practice....