• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to use the {!User.___} merge fields to build a signature in HTML templates that are triggered by an email alert. However, the User is always me, even though the From address is set to the Default Workflow User. Here are all the settings (where I'm Mary and the desired User is Bob):

Default Workflow User (under Workflow & Approvals Settings): Bob

Workflow Rule:

• Creator: Mary
  • Modifier: Mary
  • Object: Lead

Email Alert:

• From Email Address: Default Workflow User's email address

Email Template:

• Author: Bob
  • Modified by: Bob
  • {!User.FirstName} becomes Mary
  • From and reply to fields become Bob

How on earth can I get Bob as the designated user?

• September 06, 2013

I'm trying to do account upserts from SQL Server using Informatica Data Loader. I keep getting:

[DTM_10004] The DTM process terminated unexpectedly.

Any ideas?

• March 01, 2009

I need to create total fields in accounts that sum up all the assets of a particular type that that customer owns. Is there any way to do this? A report doesn't do the trick, because I need to use the total values in workflow rules.

• February 11, 2009
As I just spent days debugging my inbound email application, I thought I'd share my hard-to-find mistakes in case they're not unique to me.

My implementation of Messaging.InboundEmailHandler worked just fine when I sent test emails from Outlook. Nothing happened when I sent emails via PHP's mail function. It appeared as if the email never even arrived.

My first mistake was not setting the Return-Path in PHP. Salesforce was generating email error messages, I just never got them.

The second error was an off-by-one count when parsing the email strings. I'm fairly sure that Outlook appends a \r\n (carriage return and a line feed), where the PHP code was only appending a \n. I never saw the System.StringException (which I wasn't testing for, either!) until I fixed the Return-Path problem.

Code & learn!
  • January 14, 2009

I'm trying to use the {!User.___} merge fields to build a signature in HTML templates that are triggered by an email alert. However, the User is always me, even though the From address is set to the Default Workflow User. Here are all the settings (where I'm Mary and the desired User is Bob):

Default Workflow User (under Workflow & Approvals Settings): Bob

Workflow Rule:

• Object: Lead

Email Alert:

• From Email Address: Default Workflow User's email address

Email Template:

• Author: Bob
  • Modified by: Bob
  • {!User.FirstName} becomes Mary
  • From and reply to fields become Bob

How on earth can I get Bob as the designated user?

• September 06, 2013

Hello All,

We recently launced a solutions page for our customers by generating the HTML code through the Public Solutions feature in Salesforce.  The solutions display in an iframe on our page and everything is functioning correctly except for the fact that there are two unwanted columns that are visible to our customers, they are 'Number of Related Cases' and 'Last Modified Date'.  

I searched for a way to remove these columns as we do not want our customers to be able to see them.  I couldn't find any documentation around this so I submitted a case to Salesforce Support, whereby I was told that I needed to modify the HTML code but they could not tell me how and subsequently pointed me to the developer board.

Here is the HTML code that is generated -

<IFRAME title="Content" src="http://na4.salesforce.com/sol/public/search.jsp?orgId=00D300000006JjL" WIDTH="515" HEIGHT="360"></IFRAME>

Any ideas how I can modify the Public Solutions HTML to remove the two columns? 

Thanks for your help.

Clint

I'm trying to do account upserts from SQL Server using Informatica Data Loader. I keep getting:

[DTM_10004] The DTM process terminated unexpectedly.

Any ideas?

• March 01, 2009

I have a SOQL query (not retrieve) that returns multiple records of contacts.  I can see it run and produce correct number of records but I can not make them print in my template.  Here is the query:
Select c.AccountId, c.Department, c.Email, c.FirstName, c.LastName, c.Phone, c.Title,c.Key_Contact__c from Contact c where c.AccountId='{Account1.Id}'

And here is template code:
   <prtany:repeat record="Contact2">
    <tr>
     <td>{Contact2.FirstName.n}</td>
     <td>{Contact2.LastName.n}</td>
     <td>{Contact2.Title.n}</td>
    </tr></PRTANY:REPEAT>

When I run package in debug mode it gives me radio buttons for contacts to choose, but after I click on one, it still does not print any contact records, however contact merge fields are displayed as Contact2.n.LastName.  What I am doing wrong?
I am working on the Event example that comes with the Print Anything (V 8.1.11) AppExchange offering and can't get past the 1st query.  I seemed to have followed the customization instructions exactly and can't figure out what the hang up is.

I created the button, created a new package, added the queries, and created a new Event. When I execute the Print Invitation button the debug result 1 is:  retrieve single row - Event:Undefined. It seems as if it can't find the Event.

Any ideas on how to get past the 1st query?  Thanks!