• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
A client of mine has an issue with 3 or 4 of their users where the Outlook edition cannot find ANY folder for contacts, calendar and tasks and as a result won’t sync anything.  I forgot to get a screen shot but imagine clicking on the contacts tab in the Salesforce Options and in the area where you normally can select a folder it is completely blank. 
A client of mine has an issue with 3 or 4 of their users where the Outlook edition cannot find ANY folder for contacts, calendar and tasks and as a result won’t sync anything.  I forgot to get a screen shot but imagine clicking on the contacts tab in the Salesforce Options and in the area where you normally can select a folder it is completely blank. 
I've just installed Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.2.1.8.  Syncing back and forth between Outlook and SF works fine.  However, I want to automatically set every Outlook calendar item for sync instead of having to click "Mark for Sync" for each item.  The help guide on Setting Connect for Outlook Options describes a checkbox for "Always mark for sync" within the Synchronization Preferences.

My Syncronization Preferences only has two checkboxes:
-Delete history and synchronize from scratch
-Synchronize on schedule every XX hours

There appears to be a blank spot between those two checkboxes where  "Always mark for sync" should be.  What do I need to do to enable the "Always mark for sync" option?  Thank you.

• August 14, 2008
This is driving me crazy! I have come to the Excel Connector because I needed a bi-directional data tool so I can correct some text errors in the lead source fields of converted leads. I understand that Data Loader is available in EE but I have PE so I thought this would be the answer. However, when I attempted to edit the data I get an error message that says, "Update Row Failed: cannot reference converted lead."

Am I correctly understanding that the Excel Connector will update any data in SF except data in a converted lead???????? Why is this data so guarded that it appears to be impossible to edit any textual info that has no formulas or logic running against it? I have some lead sources from previous months that are incorrect and they skew my report and require me to manually correct them every time.; Simple things like a lead source of "ASP 2008" should be "ASP 0208". I don't want to delete the converted lead and then convert a corrected lead because it will throw off the date of the conversion and break the connection with the existing opportunity. There must be a way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:32 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:34 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:50 PM
Our requirement is to prevent users from causing the total price of an OpportunityLineItem to change when an Opportunity is in a closed stage.  We always have revenue schedules on every OpportunityLineItem.  Here is the dilemma:

- you can't have a trigger on OpportunityLineItemSchedule
- the SFDC background update to the OpportunityLineItem UnitPrice and TotalPrice that happens when the sum of the underlying schedule records change does not appear to fire an update trigger on OpportunityLineItem

Has anyone worked out a way to control revenue schedule changes?