• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My manager wants the names of his subordinates to appear in his opportunity pipeline report even if the sales rep has no opportunities associated to him. I don't believe this is possible with SFDC current reporting functionality.  Can I create an s-control go get the GUI functionality I'm looking for?  Will my developer be able to do this when Apex is generally available?  Would this be complicated to create and worth the effort?

Comments and feedback would greatly be appreciated.
thanks,
p
Is it possible to create a s-control or write apex code that forces a user to ONLY create opportunities and not contacts?

Lots of our sales guys like to convert the lead to contact instead of opportunities which is effecting our Marketing's campaign/lead ROI. Though this is really a process issue, we're trying to solve it via technology to enforce a specific behavoir.

Thanks,
p
Is it possible to create a validation rule forces people to convert their leads to opportunities instead of just a contact?  It's not as easy to tie converted contact back to a campaigns ROI.

If there is a validation rule out there that can do this, I would love to have it.
I know I can include the "Detail" values of an object in an email alert template. However, I would also like to include values from the related list of the object in the email template. Is this possible?  Is there a work-around?  Maybe an s-control that can be written?
thanks,
p

Is it possible add custom EDITABLE fields to the opportunity partner related list?  Currently it only allows me to add account fields and pull the values assocated to that field.  I would like the fields I pull from account to be editable like partner and role fields are shown.

Goal:
I'm trying to tag the partner as special partner unique to the deal. The partner may or may not be the primary partner so I can't use that field.

Any ideas?
thanks,
p
Does anyone have a lead age formula that only counts business days and excludes the weekend?  It would be great if the formula also takes into consideration holidays.

thanks,
p
I want to create a validation rule that says when the value for NSP Reason field is "Other" the field "NSP Reason Other" is also filled out.  I can't get my formula below to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

AND(ISPICKVAL(NSP_Reason__c, "Other (please explain below)"),   LEN(NSP_Reason_Other__c))
Trying to create a custom field in campaigns that shows the fiscal period based off the start date of the campaign.  However, the formula I've created below isn't working. New to creating formula's so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Keep getting following message" Error: Syntax error. Missing ','

I would like the formula to look at the campaign start date and give an out put of "Q4-2006"

CASE( MONTH ( {!CloseDate} ) , 1, "Q1"YEAR(TODAY() ), 2, "Q1"YEAR(TODAY() ), 3, "Q1"YEAR(TODAY() ), 4, "Q2"YEAR(TODAY() ), 5, "Q2"YEAR(TODAY() ), 6, "Q2"YEAR(TODAY() ), 7, "Q3"YEAR(TODAY() ), 8, "Q3"YEAR(TODAY() ), 9, "Q3"YEAR(TODAY() ), "Q4")

Thanks in advance.
p
I'm getting the following error message for the formula I build below which I don't understand."Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (4,074 characters). Maximum size is 4,000 characters" By my count I have 159 characters!

The formula I've created is trying to figure out the margins between what the end user (customer) pays 2nd tier (reseller) and what 2nd tier pays the 1st Tier (distributor). The formula also need to take into consideration that sometimes there may not be 2nd Tier (reseller) and that the 1st Tier sells directly to the end user (customer).
I'm using a what if statement in case there is no 2nd Tier. Do I have my formula right?

FORMULA
IF( ISNULL( {!New_2nd_Tier_Margin__c}) , (1.00-({!New_1st_Tier_Cost__c} / {!
New_End_User_Cost__c} )), (1.00-({!New_1st_Tier_Cost__c} / {!New_2nd_Tier_Cost__c} )))

thanks,
666Chicago
It looks like SFDC just came out with a new app, "Mass Update Opportunities App Exchange" component.  It's very cool and will make life easier for the sales rep.  Anyone know if we can edit the s-control to add or subtract additional standard or custom fields?

thanks,
p
Does anyone have a lead age formula that only counts business days and excludes the weekend?  It would be great if the formula also takes into consideration holidays.

thanks,
p
I'm working with a client that has their site integrated into SalesForce.  They would like to track when users download files from their site.  These downloads can be down anonymously, or by a logged in user (tied to a SalesForce Lead).  They would like to have this data follow the Lead through convertion into a Contact and/or Opportunity.  In the end they would like to see what people were downloading that eventually lead to a particular Opportunity.

Now, I'm not to savy with SalesForce in the first place, but here is my first solution.
I've created a Custom Object, "Download", with a lookup field tying it to a particular Lead.  I've then added fields for the download information (url, title,...).  I've enabled Reporting on the Custom Object.  This has allowed them to see which Leads have downloaded what and how much.  The problem is that I the information doesn't follow the Lead when it is converted (as Activity History does).

Am I looking at this the wrong way?  How should I track this type of information?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • May 15, 2007