• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
On Events, we have picklist options in the Type field that allow someone to mark the appointment as a particular type of sales call ("Sales Call: Face-to-Face" ). If they pick this particular type, we need them to fill out more information. To solve this, I'm trying to say, if the type is = "Sales Call: Face-to-Face" , then description and name fields are required.

Problem is, when I go in to create the formula, Type is not an option. I tried using "Call Type", which is not in the list, but also doesn't throw out a syntax error, the validation just doesn't work. It let's me save and does not show me the error.

AND(ISPICKVAL( CallType, "Sales Call: Face-to-Face" ),
ISNULL( Description ))

Message Edited by AudraNYC on 10-19-200706:12 PM

Message Edited by AudraNYC on 10-19-200706:12 PM

I'm trying to show a table in a dashboard that lists sales people and their expected revenue for the current quarter. Seems simple, right? Can do it without issue for total opportunity amount, but cannot for expected revenue. I have removed amount from my report, but it still does not work. Instead, I get a table that lists the "record count" for each sales person. Strangely enough, the chart works fine on the report, but when I try to put it into the dashboard, it does not .

Any ideas?

We would like to auto-assign codes to projects based on what type of project it is. Each project type has its own prefix that could be designated in the auto number setup, but I cannot figure out how to combine the two.

So for example:
We have 150 events. The prefix for events is EV, so the next event should be coded EV151. 
We have 135 custom projects. Prefix for custom projects is CP, so the next custom project should be coded CP136.

We are using campaigns to track both events and custom projects. I would like to have one field have the code in it.

Any ideas?
There doesn't seem to be a way to include Territory, whether Account Territory or Opportunity Territory in a mail merge template. Does anyone know if there is a way to call it without using the field selector in the Salesforce Word Add-In? I've tried the following combinations, and strangely enough, it actually just returns the Account ID for the opportunity.
  • «OPPORTUNITY_TERRITORY_NAME»
  • «OPPORTUNITY_TERRITORY »
  • «OPPORTUNITY_TERRITORY_ID »
  • « TERRITORY_NAME»
Thanks!
Audra
I'm trying to show a table in a dashboard that lists sales people and their expected revenue for the current quarter. Seems simple, right? Can do it without issue for total opportunity amount, but cannot for expected revenue. I have removed amount from my report, but it still does not work. Instead, I get a table that lists the "record count" for each sales person. Strangely enough, the chart works fine on the report, but when I try to put it into the dashboard, it does not .

Any ideas?