• Member since 2006
  • Beaubien Investment Group

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How do I change my company name below?  I want my force.com company page to match my URL:  www.Beaubien.com.  
Force.com

I want to create iWork Keynote presentations using data stored in Salescforce.  Most data will be in a custom object and or the Content  in My Salesforce database.  I want Keynote to auto create and auto populate slides based on a status update in Salesforce.  Once the presentation is created I want it stored both in Salesforce Content and iCloud.  After the presentation is created I want to embed the presentation on my Siteforce.com website.  I know iCloud and Siteforce are not generally available as of today but were close.  Is this project going to be possible?  How do I go about doing this as an "End User" ? I'm not a programmer.  Do I start on the iWork side or the Salesforce side?  Who can help?

I want my Salesforce Calandar to show up on my iPhone  I'M NOT A DEVELOPER.  Please reply in a way that a user with no IT department can understand.  I don't see any App Exchange Apps that solve this problem.  Some look like they do but get bad reviews. iCalendar 1.2 looks like it is tryimng to solve this problem. 

I got an e-mail from the Force.com with ne integration tool kits.  I read what is offered and it seems that API's are available for IOS.  It would seem to me this is the way to go.  Why has nobody built an App I can just download and start using? 

In  perfect world SFDC would through the cloud sync my Calandar in real time with something like  Mobile Me iCal that would then wirelessly sync to my iPhone or iPad. 

Can anybody direct me towards a soulution?  Salesforce Mobile is not a solution!  It is just way too slow and requires too much effort to see my schedule. 

Hers my challenge.  I'm a very small company as in 1 guy.  1 user.  I want to grow but need to not spend money until the business can justify and pay for growth.  I'm not a public company or the Government.  I have to pay cash.  I need a web site that uses Salesforce as the data source.  I also have a need to convert two old web sites to Force.com web sites and hosted on Salesforce. 

According marketing materials I read this is supposed to be easy and quick.  I have been looking into CMS Apps on the Appexchange to pretend I can do this myself.  I gave up on that idea.  I hvae no backgoriund in developing anything let alone a web site.  I'm just a small user. I have looked for consultants but the lowest bid I got started at $5,000 just to start talking. 

Who can help me with a cost effective way to make a web site on Force.com?  If the answer is nobody who wants to start a new business with me catering to very small Salesforce users?  There is a need here.  In fact I bet every company under 10 users has a need and is not even using any of Salesforces capabilities.  Many I talked to don't even know what the capabilities are. 

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

I will be buying a new iMac.  I hope to successfully sync my SFDC contacts and calendar to iCal & Mobile Me.  From there I want to sync to my iPhone and the soon to be released ipad.  Is there a way to simplify this?  Why can't Salesforces cloud sync directly to my mobile device?  Apples cloud seems to be able to do this.  I'm not a programer just an end user but wouldn't some kind of API solve this?  I have Salesforce mobile and don't really use it much as I don't get caller ID or recent calls on the iPhone.  And the Salesforce mobile is PAINFULLY slow.  You would think Salesforce would have a better integration with the Mac.  Someone help me understand a simpler solution.    
I'm just a user and not a programmer but want to have all the capabilities Force.com offers. Everywhere I look the talk is too technical. I spend way too much time just trying to figure out what I need. Is there a place for users? Ironically Salesforce.com user groups are filled with programmers. Consultants send me rookies that don't know anything yet. Salesforce really is not in the business of helping small users either. Does anyone have suggestions?

I have been a Salesforce user for two years now and have not used any advanced features. I have the Enterprise addition and really would like to use all that it offers.

Message Edited by New User on 07-21-2008 06:37 PM

Message Edited by New User on 07-21-2008 06:50 PM

Hers my challenge.  I'm a very small company as in 1 guy.  1 user.  I want to grow but need to not spend money until the business can justify and pay for growth.  I'm not a public company or the Government.  I have to pay cash.  I need a web site that uses Salesforce as the data source.  I also have a need to convert two old web sites to Force.com web sites and hosted on Salesforce. 

According marketing materials I read this is supposed to be easy and quick.  I have been looking into CMS Apps on the Appexchange to pretend I can do this myself.  I gave up on that idea.  I hvae no backgoriund in developing anything let alone a web site.  I'm just a small user. I have looked for consultants but the lowest bid I got started at $5,000 just to start talking. 

Who can help me with a cost effective way to make a web site on Force.com?  If the answer is nobody who wants to start a new business with me catering to very small Salesforce users?  There is a need here.  In fact I bet every company under 10 users has a need and is not even using any of Salesforces capabilities.  Many I talked to don't even know what the capabilities are. 

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

Hi all,

Quite a few of you have asked me about the availability of CMSForce 2.

I'm very happy to announce that you can now find it on the AppExchange. On the listing you'll find a short demo video that will get you up to speed on the new features. (central management console, folders to organize your content, in-site editing, friendly urls, ...)

I'll also include a shameless plug here : If you want to see it in action 'live', come to my 'Increase Lead Volume with Compelling Landing Pages' session on wed 8 at DreamForce.

Hope to see you there! In the meantime : if you have questions, just drop them in community boards.

David

I will be buying a new iMac.  I hope to successfully sync my SFDC contacts and calendar to iCal & Mobile Me.  From there I want to sync to my iPhone and the soon to be released ipad.  Is there a way to simplify this?  Why can't Salesforces cloud sync directly to my mobile device?  Apples cloud seems to be able to do this.  I'm not a programer just an end user but wouldn't some kind of API solve this?  I have Salesforce mobile and don't really use it much as I don't get caller ID or recent calls on the iPhone.  And the Salesforce mobile is PAINFULLY slow.  You would think Salesforce would have a better integration with the Mac.  Someone help me understand a simpler solution.    
I am having no luck in finding a compatible CTI Adapter for Safari. Does anyone have a suggestion. I have packet8 on my Internet explorer Pc's, but we just go macbooks.
Hi,

I just downloaded the SF iPhone application and attempted to register using my SF username and password.

I get the following error:

"Unable to register your device: no existing domain found based on salesforce orgId '00D700000008JEvEAM'"

Anybody else seeing this? Do I need to enable my account somehow elsewhere?

Thanks!

Robert

What is the recommended (if any) way to use Visualforce to reskin the native SFDC UI?

Here is my guess:  use standard controllers and components to recreate a standard page, then override standard SFDC styles with a custom stylesheet to change typefaces and text colors, hide the standard tab icon, etc.

The goal is small visual (not structural or behavioral) changes to "rebrand" without reimplementing.

Thoughts?

Hello,

I've never had any problems prior to this month. I synced and somehow another 'salesforce calendar" was created on iCal. When this Sync problem occured , I decided to update to version 0.53. I use sf cubed for syncing only the calendar portion. Error message below.

[ISyncConcreteSession clientAcceptedChangesForRecordWithIdentifier:formattedRecord:newRecordIdentifier:]: you can't change the record identifier from com.apple.syncservices:DE247CA8-F98D-4BC5-A328-24DD6234969D to 00560000000z9OdAAI-Calendar: it is already associated with a different record.

Would not sync and and SFCD data was intact. I decided to delete salesforce on iCal and sf Cube and start from scratch, reinstalled sf Cube and tried to sync again. Big mistake, all events were deleted on SFDC. I thought it would sync to iCal only. I applied backup to iCal to restore and tried to sync but still get same error.

I use a MacBook Pro on OSX 10.4.11 Please help.
  • February 22, 2008
I'm happy to announce that Maildrop is now an open source project, with the source code being released under the BSD license.

Checkout the project's home page at Google code.
we just got macs for our management team and I'm trying to figure out a way to get entourage as my teams defalt mail/calander app. iCal and apples Mail are not very good in a production/sales aspect. I know that SfCubed syncs with iCal and that Entourage can sync with iCal was well, But each on must sync with a different folder (SfCubed to a salesforce calander in iCal and entourage to a Entourage folder in iCal). I realize you must know this already. My questions is... do you think this feature might be added soon, and if not is there a way i can help with this. Im good with applescript and web languages, and am currently learning cocoa with Xcode.

I have tried other options to sync iCal and entourage (e2Sync and Sync Entourage-iCal) but with no luck.
- 'Sync Entourage-iCal' has problems with understand which is the latest event from the different systems, because it works with out using apples iSync.
-'e2Sync' seems to work great at first but then there are time-zone issues. At least i think it is a time-zone issue. Events created in salesforce get synced to iCal with the correct time (When iCal pref 'Turn on time zone support' is turned off) but when synced to entourage the times get all messed up. And when the iCal pref 'Turn on time zone support' is turned on the time gets all messed up in iCal.

Any ideas on ether on these would be great. Thanks for your help.
Mike

Message Edited by Mike @ Partners on 09-05-2007 01:35 PM

Ok, half kidding, but half not kidding.

What do you think the chances are?

In some ways, if the Safari mobile works well, we should just be able to login, right?

Tannic
  • April 13, 2007
I am receiving an error message when I sync SFC via SF3 to my Mac desktop (calendar, contacts, etc...) the error message reads syncconcretesession...

Also, Tasks created on SFC are not sync'ing up on my desktop iCal.

Any helpful suggestions?
  • April 02, 2007