• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to create a new ACCOUNT by first fetching the ACCOUNT details from an external data-source like a database
or a web service, then assign the details to the salesforce ACCOUNT fields and display these in the browser before
the user eventually press the SAVE button to create the account => the user should first verify if the datails are ok before to create the account.
I thougth about using the standardController Account with an extension controller for calling the external data source,
but i haven't managed to find out how to display/assign the details from my external data source to the standard salesforce ACCOUNT fields since the ACCOUNT is not yet created

I have following issue:
when I create a new Account I first would like to fetch the Account data from an external web service
and populate the Account with the result of my web service call. My idea is to add a button (GetAccountData) that would trigger the
web service (with a Controller ?), get the response and display the data on the Account Tab.
is there a way  in Visualforce to add such a functionality ?

Hi there i'm new into appex code and i have following issue: i would like to add a dummy phone number to an account when I create it: the phone number should be unique for each account and should be assigned on the salesforce server side: Usecase is as follows: 1) I create a new account with account type "prospect" 2) I do not enter the phone number (phone number is a customized field in my account) 3) I save the new account 4) Salesforce assigns a unique phone number to this account and it shows it on the Salesforce Client GUI is there a way of doing step4) with Apex code ? thanks for any proposal /pierre
  • April 08, 2008
Hi
I'm building a Sinlge Sign-On solution involving SalesForce and I have a question regarding the logout mechanism:

I have a partner application that redirects to SalesForce, by using SSO the user that has already been authorized (delegated Authentication)
on the partner application side doesn't have to re-enter this information again when accessing SalesForce.

When the user decides to log-out from his SalesForce session is there a way to get the user to be logged out from the partner application session too,
or vice versa, when the user first logs-out from the partner application how can he be logged out from the SalesForce session?

Thanx
  • January 04, 2007
I would like to create a new ACCOUNT by first fetching the ACCOUNT details from an external data-source like a database
or a web service, then assign the details to the salesforce ACCOUNT fields and display these in the browser before
the user eventually press the SAVE button to create the account => the user should first verify if the datails are ok before to create the account.
I thougth about using the standardController Account with an extension controller for calling the external data source,
but i haven't managed to find out how to display/assign the details from my external data source to the standard salesforce ACCOUNT fields since the ACCOUNT is not yet created

I have following issue:
when I create a new Account I first would like to fetch the Account data from an external web service
and populate the Account with the result of my web service call. My idea is to add a button (GetAccountData) that would trigger the
web service (with a Controller ?), get the response and display the data on the Account Tab.
is there a way  in Visualforce to add such a functionality ?

Hi there i'm new into appex code and i have following issue: i would like to add a dummy phone number to an account when I create it: the phone number should be unique for each account and should be assigned on the salesforce server side: Usecase is as follows: 1) I create a new account with account type "prospect" 2) I do not enter the phone number (phone number is a customized field in my account) 3) I save the new account 4) Salesforce assigns a unique phone number to this account and it shows it on the Salesforce Client GUI is there a way of doing step4) with Apex code ? thanks for any proposal /pierre
  • April 08, 2008