• 100 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're getting a problem in Eclipse when trying to add/remove metadata components.  One visible symptom is that report folders are showing up under Email and vice-versa.  And my package.xml is ending up corrupted/blank.  It seems to be getting data back from the metadata API that it's having trouble dealing with.

We strongly suspect this is a new problem introduced with Winter '10.  Because:

* the problem just started in the last day or 2

* we haven't changed eclipse environment in that time

* it's only occurring with servers that have been upgraded to winter '10 (at time of this writing, not all of them have been), and it seems to be happening with every instance that's on an upgraded server

* it's happening to muliple colleagues, so it's not a local client issue

This is causing major problems trying to deploy code in Eclipse.  I tried calling support but they had no idea.  Can anyone over at SF help here?  Anyone else seeing this problem?

To recreate:

* in eclipse, create new project for a winter 10 instance

* after entering login, choose "Selected Metadata Components", and click Choose..

* expand the Email node, and notice if there are report folders in there

Thanks!

Message Edited by sparky on 10-09-2009 05:11 PM
  • October 10, 2009

I'm trying to deploy to a sandbox environment from our production environment, and I'm receiving validation errors regarding WebLinks that exist in our Account object, but not in our PersonAccount object.  I've checked the structure in both production and the target sandbox environment, and they are the same... the complained about WebLinks DO EXIST, and can only exist in the Account object.  Does anyone have any clue why I keep getting these errors:

# Deploy Results:
   Name:    layouts/PersonAccount-Person Account Layout.layout
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: In field: customLink - no WebLink named PersonAccount.GoogleSearch found

Name:    layouts/PersonAccount-XXX- Care Rep Person Account Page Layout.layout
   Problem: In field: customLink - no WebLink named PersonAccount.Bill_View found

I have a packaged (managed) visualforce page with references to custom objects and s-controls. The odd thing I'm seeing all of a sudden is that the namespace is hidden in eclipse, but visible in the SF UI.

For instance, a link to a custom tab in the web editor for the page looks like:

<a href="{!URLFOR($Action.ns__CustomObj__c.Tab, $ObjectType.ns__CustomObj__c)}" id="someId">View CustomObj Tab</a>

But when that same page is edited in Eclipse, it appears like this:

<a href="{!URLFOR($Action.CustomObj__c.Tab, $ObjectType.CustomObj__c)}" id="someId">View CustomObj Tab</a>

This is kind of surprizing, and causing problems with SVN showing changes where there aren't any.

Any suggestions on why this is?

• February 05, 2009
When adding a new tab to an existing application through either the IDE (w09 version) or the metadata API, the new tab does not get placed in the correct position. It seems to always be two positions to the left.

Also, re-ordering the tabs in the app through either of these mechanisms does not affect the order of the tabs in the UI. Using the IDE, after saving the app, the call returns and changes the app definition in the editor back to what it was previously.
  • January 14, 2009

We're getting a problem in Eclipse when trying to add/remove metadata components.  One visible symptom is that report folders are showing up under Email and vice-versa.  And my package.xml is ending up corrupted/blank.  It seems to be getting data back from the metadata API that it's having trouble dealing with.

We strongly suspect this is a new problem introduced with Winter '10.  Because:

* the problem just started in the last day or 2

* we haven't changed eclipse environment in that time

* it's only occurring with servers that have been upgraded to winter '10 (at time of this writing, not all of them have been), and it seems to be happening with every instance that's on an upgraded server

* it's happening to muliple colleagues, so it's not a local client issue

This is causing major problems trying to deploy code in Eclipse.  I tried calling support but they had no idea.  Can anyone over at SF help here?  Anyone else seeing this problem?

To recreate:

* in eclipse, create new project for a winter 10 instance

* after entering login, choose "Selected Metadata Components", and click Choose..

* expand the Email node, and notice if there are report folders in there

Thanks!

Message Edited by sparky on 10-09-2009 05:11 PM
  • October 10, 2009

I'm trying to deploy (really transfer) a profile from one environment to another), but I'm getting a permissions error with the "Import  Personal Contacts" setting.

The problem is, this profile does not have that permission (Import Personal Contacts) granted, so I'm not understanding the complaint.  Does anyone know why?  I don't want these users to have Create/Edit Account permissions.

*** Deployment Log ***
Result: FAILED
Date: April 2, 2009 3:09:05 PM EDT

# Deployed From:
   Project name: xxxx-SFDC-Test
   Username: xxxxxx
   Endpoint: test.salesforce.com

# Deployed To:
   Username: xxxxxxx
   Endpoint: test.salesforce.com

# Deploy Results:
   Name:    profiles/FS Outsource Profile with Flex.profile
   Problem: Permission Import Personal Contacts depends on permission(s): Edit Account, Create Account

Name:    package.xml
   Action:  UPDATED
   Result:  SUCCESS
   Problem: n/a

# Test Results:
   n/a

Problem: CRUD Permissions are not available for this entity : Product2

I'm deploying a profile object and I'm getting this error. I can't actually find reference to product2 in the file.

Does anyone have a more detailed explanation?

thanks

dan

I'm trying to deploy to a sandbox environment from our production environment, and I'm receiving validation errors regarding WebLinks that exist in our Account object, but not in our PersonAccount object.  I've checked the structure in both production and the target sandbox environment, and they are the same... the complained about WebLinks DO EXIST, and can only exist in the Account object.  Does anyone have any clue why I keep getting these errors:

# Deploy Results:
   Name:    layouts/PersonAccount-Person Account Layout.layout
   Problem: In field: customLink - no WebLink named PersonAccount.GoogleSearch found

Name:    layouts/PersonAccount-XXX- Care Rep Person Account Page Layout.layout
   Problem: In field: customLink - no WebLink named PersonAccount.Bill_View found

We have been trying 'desperately' to deploy our app from Sandbox to Production. Earlier in the week, we knew we could face problems as the Sandbox was in Spring'09 while Production was still Winter'09. During that phase, the Force.com IDE either just timed out or threw an error after a long time without any description.

Now that both Sandbox and Production are on Spring'09, we started getting Java Heap Size - Out Of Memory exceptions. We tried to increase the Heap Size but to no relief; it just wouldn't go.

We gave up using Eclipse and tried deploying with Ant. Thankfully, that showed us a few errors in our Test Methods which we corrected. But lo and behold,  now even Ant is timing out.

Is this something to do with Spring'09? Do we have to wait for the new IDE or Ant tool? What could be the reason for this? This is not only on one project or on a single location/machine. The deployment was tried on multiple systems in multiple countries and on 2 projects - one where the production server is on NA1 and another where it is NA6.

This is very crucial, important and urgent so any help would be beneficial.

Thank You! 

• February 07, 2009

I have a packaged (managed) visualforce page with references to custom objects and s-controls. The odd thing I'm seeing all of a sudden is that the namespace is hidden in eclipse, but visible in the SF UI.

For instance, a link to a custom tab in the web editor for the page looks like:

<a href="{!URLFOR($Action.ns__CustomObj__c.Tab, $ObjectType.ns__CustomObj__c)}" id="someId">View CustomObj Tab</a>

But when that same page is edited in Eclipse, it appears like this:

<a href="{!URLFOR($Action.CustomObj__c.Tab, $ObjectType.CustomObj__c)}" id="someId">View CustomObj Tab</a>

This is kind of surprizing, and causing problems with SVN showing changes where there aren't any.

Any suggestions on why this is?

• February 05, 2009
When adding a new tab to an existing application through either the IDE (w09 version) or the metadata API, the new tab does not get placed in the correct position. It seems to always be two positions to the left.

Also, re-ordering the tabs in the app through either of these mechanisms does not affect the order of the tabs in the UI. Using the IDE, after saving the app, the call returns and changes the app definition in the editor back to what it was previously.
  • January 14, 2009
I am working on a tool that will automatically update some page layouts. Some of the layouts are on standard objects and others are installed from a managed package. I can make the changes just fine and re-deploy for the standard layouts, however, I'm seeing something very strange when trying to update managed object layouts. Here's what I'm doing (from Java, if that makes any difference).

1. Retrieve the managed package meta-data by name (in files)
2. Retrieve the unpackaged page layouts only (also in files)
3. Parse through the layouts, making changes to the ones I need to (adding fields, moving fields, etc)
4. Copy the changed files to a new directory to be zipped and deployed
5. Create a new package.xml with just the changed items listed
6. Deploy the changed set

The only way I could get SF to accept the change to the packaged layout is by adding the package namespace to all the components:

1. Layout file name goes from "CustObject__c-Custom Layout.layout" to "ns__CustObject__c-cv__Custom Layout.layout"
2. Prepend each custom field and button name in the layout with namespace
3. Update package.xml to reflect new member name (same as above, without the .layout suffix)

When all this is done and the changeset is deployed, the layout is in fact updated with the changes. HOWEVER, the name of the layout (which is not editable through the UI) is changed to have the namespace prefix. See screenshot below...

This seems like a major bug. I'm sure this would cause a problem when upgrading the package, and it also violates SF's restriction on double underscores in the name of anything.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correctly deploy changes to managed-installed layouts?

Message Edited by cgoss on 01-15-2009 11:19 AM
  • January 14, 2009
When I attempt to deploy the Contact Object from one Sandbox to another Sandbox I get the error below:

"Save error: duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>"

What does this mean?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Folks,
I am in the process of migrating the visualforce pages from my DEV to other environments. In my VF page, I am referring to certain fields that are managed custom object fields. The actual field definition with the namespace prefix is : apPack__Account_c but in the VF page when I bind a inputField to the apPack__Account_c, upon compilation the code removes the prefix and makes it Account_c and hence the migration to other environments (without the namespace prefix) fail as expected.

This is already creating some butterflies in my stomach :-( ...

Anyone has a thought about this ?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Arun Bala on 12-31-2008 11:26 AM
I am having the following problem while trying to deploy a custom object through the eclipse force.com tool.

Any ideas?

Deploy Results:
   Name:    unpackaged/objects/Business_Trip_Meeting__c.object
   Problem: Cannot specify a gender for a gender neutral language