• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to lookup a user and then add that user as the primary contact for a contract. Right now I have the user pick the contact from a picklist and then I store the contact in a custom field. The problem is that I need that user to be placed in the Contact Roles object. Does anyone know how to do that?  Is it at all possible with Visual Flows?

Thanks for your help!

I have a question in flow that has two choices. I have 'Show Input on Selection' ticked. However, we have not been able to reference the value that is input.

Referencing the question gives me the Choice label. Referencing the Choice gives me the Choice label. None of them provide the value of the input field within the Choice.

The crazy thing is this did work! It just seems to have stopped and recreates do not get it working either. It is driving me nuts.
Any one experience similar or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

We have permissions set so that Sales users can Create, but not Modify Cases.  This way they can create new cases on behalf of their customers, but cannot change owner/status or make any other Service impacting changes once the case is in flight.

We have a Flow that can be executed from the case to request a Failure Analysis.  That VWF modifies 4 fields on the case, but since Sales users do not have permission to modify the entire case object, an exception occurs when they try to complete the VWF.  Can I execute the record update set under a different user context so that the changes can be saved?

Here is the use case: Sales person doesn't close the sale this year :(   They click a button on Opportunity page layout which launches a loss analysis flow where we capture useful information like who we lost it to, why we lost it, notes about how this went down, etc.

One screen asks the user if they want to create a follow-up Opportunity for next year. If they choose "Yes," I'd ideally clone the entire Opportunity record with all of its products and just adjust things like Stage and Close Date using the flow.

I know I can't achieve this without an Apex plugin, and I was wondering if anyone out there has one built that can handle this, or can assist me in getting something like it developed. I am not an Apex developer, but I can find my way around some code if I have something to start playing with.

Thanks for any guidance.

In a Flow, I have a text box field called Last Name (Last_Name). What I need is to make sure that neither the words "Unknown" or "Delete" are accepted as values in that text field. If either is entered and the next button is clicked, an error will display above the text box saying something like "You must enter a valid last name before proceeding." 

I'm thinking perhaps a regular expression could accomplish this. I would like to make the validation case-insensitive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• June 05, 2013

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had this sort of requirement? Just like the popular online tax forms, how can I save the content in a form to resume work later?

I plan to have series of screens/forms to collect data over a course of weeks. I would imagine when the user signs off for the day, he/she would "save" and the next day, he/she would enter in the Id and be lead to the existing online form to resume from where he/she left off.

I wanted to build this with VF flow and can see how it can be done, but the problem is addressing partially complete scenarios and how to recover from where the user left off.

Ideally, a plug-in to VF would be amazing, but I am limited in my APEX skills.

Can anyone provide a suggestion or workaround?

Thank u!

Daniel

I have a variable (record ID) that is populated by the URL on starting a flow, followed by a lookup step to pull in 3 other fields from that record based on the ID and store the values for those fields in 3 variables.  That is working fine.

Later in the flow, there is a dynamic choice where a user can select a different record to work on, and the dynamic choice then populates those same 3 variables.

When the user goes to the next screen, which displays the values for the variables, they are shown the values for the original record (which was passed in the URL), not for the one selected in the dynamic choice.

Is it something to do w/ a variable being input only or output only?  I have tried input only and input / output.  

Any ideas?  Seems like a dynamic choice should be able to update these variables.

Thanks

• May 16, 2013

To prevent my Flows failing in writing back to SFC objects I need to ensure some fundamental validations are taken care of:

1. Field inputs do not exceed the maximum number of characters set within the SFC Object. 
  2. Email addresses are formatted correctly.

Without these validations in place the Flow fails when these conditions are not met.

I do not have any experience of creating regex validation rules so would be grateful for anyone's advice here.

Thanks.

Hi guys, two main concerns here:

1. I need a Flow to be able to loop over a Create record step for N times. How could I achieve this?
  2. In the packaging guide in the Available components, the Flow isn't listed but later in the same document, in the Editing Components and Attributes After Installation section it is listed. So wha'ts the correct info?

Hellow everyone,

I am trying to combine screen inputs so that I can add the first+last as the Account and Opportunty name. 

I have completed this using Varibles but I can't figure out how to add the space. It ends up as FirstLast not First Last. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

My flow is as folllows

Screen Element that is also the start element:

Name: Display account id

Unique Name: Display_account_id

with a display field:

Account ID:  {!vaAccountId}

the variable unique name is vaAccountId, data type=text, input and output, and default value is {!$vaAccountId}

My custom button is:

URL=/flow/display_current_account_renewal_date?vaAccountID={!Account.Id}

I placed the button on the account page and and when I go to an account on click on the button it it just displays the text "Account ID: " 

This is my first time trying to do this.  Any advice on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

1. I have a Contact that has 2 record types Record Type A and Record Type B.
  2. Profile 1 has access only to Record Type A
  3. I have a dynamic choice in a Flow that queries the Record Type object to pull all record types where SObject = "Contact".
  4. When doing #3 above, Profile 1 can see Record Type B.
  5. When going through the Contact object, (i.e. creating a new Contact without Flow, Profile 1 cannot see Record Type B)

Shouldn't Record Type B not be visible to Profile 1 even though it is being accessed through the RecordType Object?

Darrell

Anyone know how to build in a decision if the Dynamic Choice returns nothing (blank)?  I've tried the usual suspects such as the Global.Constant.Empty.String and not working.

So if a user searches for a Contact "Luke" and there is no Luke I want to route them somewhere else vs when there are some Lukes to choose from.

Darrell

hi explain any realtime senario about flows?

or where can i find it?

Hello

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to have follow up question if the user picked a certain value on the first question, something like:

1. what are your reasons to choosing company x:

a. service

b. qualify

c. price

d. other

if user pick "other", then question "please elaborate" is displayed.

One important thing to note is that i want this question to be displayed on the same screen (I know I can use the "Desicion" option, but I prefer reduce amount of screens as possible)

Thanks!

Itay

I have an existing vfpages I would like to embed in a flow. How do I do this?

I have created a flow that has many record updates and record creations. Should I create a fault message for each of these or can I create a single generic one and link all to that? And is it only for create and update operations that I should create the falut message screen? Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

• December 05, 2012

I'd like to send an email using Visual Workflow but I'm having issues.  i'm able to create the Email Message with all the information and it shows a status of sent but no email message gets received.  I can't find any documentation about this though.  From what I see, email messages can't be created from visual workflow.  I can workaround this by using regular workflow but wanted if there was a way to send to do it from the visual workflow. 

Hi,

If I build a nice detailed Visual Flow in some org, how can I copy/import it into another org? -and I don't want to package it yet.

Thanks!

I'm working with a few date fields in Visual Workflow, and the date fields on my records update fine. However, there are a few places where I'd like a date to be part of a record's name. I've created a text template for the record name that combines the date in question as well as other information such as last name. I've got some Record Updates that then populate the name field. This works fine.

The issue is that when displayed through the text template, the date is displayed as Month DD, YYYY (e.g., "November 16, 2012"). I'd like to minimize characters in my record names, so would prefer either MMDDYYYY or MM/DD/YYYY. I've tried formating the date in the text template as I would in a standard formula field or other places, but nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm guessing this is very simple and I'm just missing something.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

There were few questions on how you may be able to process each choice from a multi-select choice field individually. So, instead of just providing a solution in words, I have a sample flow pack on github now. It shows you how you can build a flow to process each choice in a multi-select choices in a loop. It includes a utility class called ListHelper which is used in a loop to process each selected multi-select choice. The use case is to update the Service Date of individual line item for an opportunity depending on the prodcut code. The flow shows a simple example of adjusting the service data for 2 Product Codes - iPAD32 and iPHONE5B64 by adding 31 and 60 days respectively.

You can get the flow and the class here: https://github.com/raja-sfdc/FlowProcessMultiSelectChoices

Feedback is more than welcome!

I just found out the way you can implement dynamic redirect with Flows embedded in a VF page. Here is an example of the VF page and the controller which redirect the user to the detail page of a Lead created within the Flow.

VF Page:

<apex:page controller="myAutoInsuranceController" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" >
<flow:interview name="Auto_Insurance_Quote" interview="{!myAutoFlow}" finishLocation="{!nextPage}"/>
</apex:page>

Controller:

public class myAutoInsuranceController {

public Flow.Interview.Auto_Insurance_Quote myAutoFlow { get; set; }

public String getmyID() {
if (myAutoFlow==null) return '';
else return myAutoFlow.vaLeadID;
}

public PageReference getNextPage(){
PageReference p = new PageReference('/' + getmyID() );
p.setRedirect(true);
return p;
}

}

Folks,

All orgs which have Visual Workflow already will be upgraded to enable the new Cloud Flow Designer later today (Thursday, Oct 20).

Please stay tuned for more updates and thank you for your patience.

For those who missed the webinar on Monday or wish to view it again, it is now available for you to listen at your own leisure. You can get to it here: live: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Webinar:_VisualWorkflow_Webinar

Cheers,
Raja 

I know that it is possible to create a FeedItem using Flow (as I have done so!), but is it possible to create an @mention in the body of that FeedItem?

I have tried doing @[{!varManagerName}], as well as using just the Id and another number of combinations, but it doesn't seem to want to work :)

If someone can help me figure it out, I would be ecstatic. This would be an absolutely perfect solution to a process issue we are currently experiencing!

Flow saves it's state such that when you hit previous, everything is as it was. However, if you hit next again, even after changing the information, nothing changed (this includes DML ops). There's a solution to this by putting the Create DML into a subflow (with other logic). There is one place I have not found a workaround. Here is my scenario:

I have a lookup to account that uses a SSN to search for the account.Id. It's fine the first time; but if you hit previous, change the SSN to be searched, then hit forward again, it will not change anything. The next screens are in their own subflow, and the SSN search is in it's own subflow. I added a "reset" button to the search screen (Javascript + checkbox) in the hopes that going out in the forwards direction and back into the subflow (resetting all the values) would cause the subsequent "next" into the subflow to redo the search.

Here's what happens:

I put in a SSN that i know belongs to Joe Schmoe, search it sucessfully. But I typed it wrong, and instead wanted to find Jane Doe so I hit previous, hit reset. The thing is fresh and I type Jane Doe's SSN correctly, but when I hit next, Joe Schmoe's information is still there (separate subflow like I said before).

If any of you have a solution, please reply. If there is nothing I can do, please let me know that as well. Thanks!

I have a screen with two different dropdown lists (among other fields). The dropdown lists are:

Premium_Mode_Life: Has 5 different drop down choices.

Type_of_Application: Has 3 different drop down choices.

Once the user comples this screen and clicks on next, they are taken to a verfication screen where the information they selected in the prior screen is displayed via display text. What they selected for Premium_Mode_Life and Type_Of_Application is correctly being displayed on this screen.

Upon confirming the values are correct and clicking next, a record is then created. Two fields included in the new record are Premium_Mode_Life and Type_Of_Application. Neither of these fields are being added upon the record create.

I've triple checked and everything should be working correctly.

Hello,

I have a visual workflow, where I post some questions (Yes or No type in a radio button). Now depending on the answers to the questions, the decision path redirects to different path where we assign a variable to be true or false. So the visual workflow just has a screen, a decision and assignment elements for both the paths. I do not have an end screen element. Now, I am redirecting to different pages based on the value and this is not working if I do not have the end screen (if works if I have the extra end screen). I do not want a unnecessary end screen for my flow. How can I achieve this?

My VF page code is:
:

<apex:page sidebar="false" controller="PGIPathDeciderController" >
  <flow:interview name="TestPath" interview="{!aFlow}" finishLocation="{!FinishPage}">
      <apex:param name="FlowQuoteID" value="{!quoteId}"/>
  </flow:interview>
</apex:page>

My controller code is:

public class PGIPathDeciderController
{
public Quote theQuote {get; set;}
public Flow.Interview.TestPath aFlow {get; set;}
public String quoteId {get; set;}

public PGIPathDeciderController ()
    {   
        Id id = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id');
        if(id != null)
        {
            quoteId = id;
            theQuote = [SELECT Name, BillingName, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState, BillingCountry,
                             BillingPostalCode, Phone, Status, Id,
                             Opportunity.Account.Id, Account__c, OpportunityId, isConfigureCompany__c
                    FROM Quote WHERE Id = :quoteId LIMIT 1];
        }
    }

public boolean getRedirectFlag()
    {
        if (aFlow == null)
        {
        return false;
        }
        else
        {
            return aFlow.redirectPath;
        }
    }

public PageReference getFinishPage()
    {
    system.debug('aFlow' + aFlow);
    PageReference prEdit;
        if (getRedirectFlag())
        {
           prEdit = Page.PGICompaniesAndContacts;
           prEdit.getParameters().put('id', theQuote.ID);
           prEdit.setRedirect(true);
        }
        else
        {
            prEdit = new ApexPages.StandardController(theQuote).view();
            prEdit .setRedirect(true);
        }
        return prEdit ;
    }

}

Thanks!

Hi.

I get the error "page not allowed for profile" as soon as the flow connects to the subflow. So I have tested

the following:

1. I can run the flow from the latest verison and the subflow works from the master flow

2. I can run from the VF page via salesforce i.e. /apex/vfpage and this also runs the subflow.

But if I run from the site I get an error, have tried declaring the subflow as an additional interview:

public Flow.Interview.ITDB_Test itdbFlow { get; set; } (master flow)
public Flow.Interview.Test1 itdbFlowTest { get; set; } (subflow) - same error with or without this line.

The subflow has no variables, is just a screen display and there are no variables passed to the

subflow from the master flow.

What is the problem here? is there a subflow syntax for the controller that I am missing?

• July 24, 2013

Hello!

I want to invite everyone to the Visual Workflow Discussions group on the new Success Community platform (success.salesforce.com).

The goal of the group is to generate discussions around the product that will help produce knowledge share, answer questions, share best practices, promote new features, and anything else Flow related.

Hope to see you there!

-Keith Sadler

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to lookup a user and then add that user as the primary contact for a contract. Right now I have the user pick the contact from a picklist and then I store the contact in a custom field. The problem is that I need that user to be placed in the Contact Roles object. Does anyone know how to do that?  Is it at all possible with Visual Flows?

Thanks for your help!

I have a Screen component with one Radio Button field. That field has two choices:

1. Create_New_Contract which is a simple choice field used in a later decision; and

2. Available_Contracts which is a dynamic choice

The Available_Contracts choice displays records from a custom object with a simple filter.

The Choice Label is the name of the custom object record. The Choice Stored Value is the Id of the custom object record.

After the user selects a record from the Available_Contracts they move further in the flow. There is a step where I want to use the (choice stored) value from Available_Contracts. To use it, I'm simply selecting Available_Contracts in the Dynamic Choice section of a formula.

However, nothing is stored there. I used a screen to display the value from that field and it's blank. Now, I can assign the ID obtained after the user selects the record to a new variable, and that works fine. But shouldn't using just Available_Contracts produce the ID of the record since that was what I used for Choice Stored Value.

Bottom line is it doesn't seem like Choice Stored Value is working. At least I cannot use it later in the flow.

Thanks.

I have a question in flow that has two choices. I have 'Show Input on Selection' ticked. However, we have not been able to reference the value that is input.

Referencing the question gives me the Choice label. Referencing the Choice gives me the Choice label. None of them provide the value of the input field within the Choice.

The crazy thing is this did work! It just seems to have stopped and recreates do not get it working either. It is driving me nuts.
Any one experience similar or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

We have permissions set so that Sales users can Create, but not Modify Cases.  This way they can create new cases on behalf of their customers, but cannot change owner/status or make any other Service impacting changes once the case is in flight.

We have a Flow that can be executed from the case to request a Failure Analysis.  That VWF modifies 4 fields on the case, but since Sales users do not have permission to modify the entire case object, an exception occurs when they try to complete the VWF.  Can I execute the record update set under a different user context so that the changes can be saved?

I hav a number field on a Visual Flow which is for phone number input. 

However I cant get the "create record" process to use this populate the account standard field "Phone" because it is a different data type. 

Any ideas how i can get this populate the phone field, as i cant create a flow element that is of phone type?

Here is the use case: Sales person doesn't close the sale this year :(   They click a button on Opportunity page layout which launches a loss analysis flow where we capture useful information like who we lost it to, why we lost it, notes about how this went down, etc.

One screen asks the user if they want to create a follow-up Opportunity for next year. If they choose "Yes," I'd ideally clone the entire Opportunity record with all of its products and just adjust things like Stage and Close Date using the flow.

I know I can't achieve this without an Apex plugin, and I was wondering if anyone out there has one built that can handle this, or can assist me in getting something like it developed. I am not an Apex developer, but I can find my way around some code if I have something to start playing with.

Thanks for any guidance.

I have a Call Center Use Case for Customer Service Reps helping customers troubleshoot mechanical issues.

Currently the agents are viewing a paper workflow. A huge benefit is that this allows the agent to 'skip ahead' of the flow based on the customer's response.

Agents also go through the flow many times a day with each call.

Questions:
What would be the recommended UI for this use case (allow agent to skip ahead, don't make agents go through lots of linear screens)? 

Is it possible to present multiple questions (radio button answers) on one screen that expand dynamically based on Customer Service Rep's input so the agent can quickly remap if the customer's answer dictates?