• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I've got a managed package with some integration to leads and contacts.  Our custom object has a Lookup relationship to both the Lead and the Contact objects, but neither is required.  In our situation, a record in our custom object is created and is associated to a lead (but not a contact).  When that lead is converted to a contact, we then disassociate that record from the lead and associate it with the contact instead.  We're using a SOQL query to find when this happens, rather than writing triggers within SFDC, because we need to keep our datastore up-to-date as well.  When we convert the lead to a new contact, everything seems to work fine, but when we convert the Lead to an existing Contact, the Lead record is deleted, and in any case the ConvertedContactID for that deleted record remains NULL.  Is there a log of this event that I can query in SOQL?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Jim
Hi there,

I've got a VisualForce page that I display in the Lightning.  The only issue I'm facing is that, when I go to the page, it doesn't change the tab that is currently highlighted.  In the past, I could use the tabStyle property of <apex:Page to highlight a specific tab when the page was shown, but now it doesn't work.  I'm showing the page, rather than the associated tab, because I'm not able to pass parameters into the tab itself.

Any assistance appreciated! :)

Thanks, Jim
Hi,
We have an external SOAP web service.  We have several APEX classes that call that service, and have had this in place for a couple of years. We use the standard WebServiceCallout structure to make those calls, and it works for all standard users; these classes and associated VF pages are part of our managed package.  Essentially, the SF admin drops our VF page on an Opportunity page layout, and the VF page makes the callout to the web service.  We have a new client that uses Communities, and wants to put our VF page on the Opportunity page layout for their Community Partners.  However, when they do this, the callout is never made.  There are no logs in the debug log, and we have checked all of the permissions we can think of.  The callout works for the standard users, but not partners; I've checked, and they're set to call out to the same URL.  Does anybody have any suggestions, either as to how we could troubleshoot this, or what the problem might be?  
Thanks, Jim
Hi all,
I've got a related list on my Opportunity page layout.  It has a custom button on it with OnClick javascript.  I want the button to be visible only if the Opportunity.StageName = 'Closed/Won'.  I've done this using a VisualForce page on the layout that hides the button, but this seems incredibly kludgy.  Does anybody have a better suggestion?
Thanks, Jim
Hi all,

We've got a .NET application that we use to make API calls to different Salesforce instances, and use a user's API Server URL and Session ID to pull data.  As part of the security process, we use a RegEx to validate that the server URL being passed is correct:

https://[^/?]+\\.(sales|visual\\.)force\\.com/services/(S|s)(O|o)(A|a)(P|p)/(u|c)/.*

To date, this RegEx has worked well.  However, we've found that SF Community users have an API Server URL that fails this RegEx.  It looks something like this in a Sandbox - I haven't yet seen what it looks like on a live org:
https://test--whatever--community.cs7.force.com/partners/services/Soap/u/22.0

Is there an updated version of the RegEx that works for both Standard users and Community users?

Thanks, Jim
I have a managed package that contains a number of custom objects, Apex classes and VF pages.  One VF page can be placed on Opportunity page layouts.  However, I don't want it to be visible to any user that doesn't have permission to see the VF tab that is part of my package, so I've tried to add code to my Apex controller class to handle this, but am stumped.  I'm familiar with describeTabs and DescribeTabResult, but those only show tabs that are visible in the tab bar for that user.  There are potentially many instances when a user might not have my tab visible in their tab bar, but can still have permission to view it.  Is it possible for me to do this in Apex?

Thanks, Jim

Hi,

I have a requirement for the ASP.NET-based web app I'm currently working on.  I'm supposed to click a button and open a web popup containing a page allowing the user to post a Chatter message.  The user would have to log into SFDC if they weren't already authenticated, and if they then submit their entry, it would then post that message to their SFDC instance.  Ideally, I would be able to feed a URL & some text into the entry fields in that popup.  I really don't want to dig into OAuth for this, so is there any kind of workaround?  Is there a URL in SFDC that would allow me to go straight to a Chatter entry screen, preferably without the standard SFDC tabs on top?

Thanks very much, Jim

Hi everybody,

I've created a VisualForce page that I want to use to override the standard View page for Opportunities.  It looks something like this:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" showHeader="true" title="Opportunity: {!Opportunity.Name}" >
    <apex:detail relatedList="true" relatedListHover="true" id="dt" showChatter="true" inlineEdit="true" />
</apex:page>

This works like a champ as a template; I do more with this, but this is the shell.  The Opportunity page looks the same as it does when it isn't overridden, which was the goal, with one exception: the Edit Layout link isn't visible in the top right corner of the page for Administrators.  Is this just something I'll just have to live with?  Any assistance would be fantastic!

Thanks, Jim

Hi Everybody,

I've got a managed package that's installed with several clients; the package contains several custom Objects in lookup relationships to Opportunities, and we configure these to show up as Related Lists on Opportunity page layouts.  One of our customers wants to change the title of one of the related lists as it appears on the Opportunity page layouts.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do this.  In looking through this forum, I did find another post that was similar to this one, but didn't fully answer my question: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/AppExchange-Directory-Packaging/Spring-11-How-do-I-change-the-quot-Related-List-Label-quot-of-an/m-p/246093/highlight/false#M3067.  My customer doesn't have the Translation Workbench enabled, and I'd rather have a simpler solution.  Also, Rename Tabs & Labels doesn't give an option for renaming the related lists.  So:  I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance, Jim

I'm trying to get a list of accounts based on values in a grandchild object.  Here's the query that I wrote (more or less):

SELECT name FROM Account WHERE id IN (SELECT Child__r.Account__c FROM GrandChild__c)

This gives me the message: The inner select field 'Child__r.Account__c' cannot have more than one level of relationships.

I've tried a number of permutations of this, without success.  Does anybody know a way to create a single SOQL query like this?

Hi,

I've got a ASP.NET 2.0 application which acquires a session that is passed to it from SF.

I just started getting this message, and am not sure where to go with it.  The code that is running with it has been functioning for a while without any issues, and it still works some of the time.  Also, even though the API calls are server-side, I've only seen this problem when running IE; Firefox hasn't been a problem so far.  I don't have a setting for "lock sessions to originating IP" - this is the developer version.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks, Jim
Hi,

I'm trying to install an S-Control that includes another S-Control.  I've never had an issue doing this in the past, but am now getting an error when I try to INCLUDE that control. 

I get no syntax errors when I use the following line of code:
{!$SControl.MyUtils}

However, this line of code gives the error Error: Field $SControl.MyUtils does not exist. Check spelling.:
{! INCLUDE($SControl.MyUtils)}

I've used this line of code numerous times, both on the Sandbox and in live implementations.  The only clue for me that this might be different is that this is in the Sandbox and is using Win08PreRe.  Can anybody help?

Thanks, Jim
Hi,

I'm opening my application through an SControl and redirecting to our URL.  We then perform some operations and want the parent window (SFDC) to refresh.  However, when I use

Hi,

I'm opening my application through an SControl and redirecting to our URL.  We then perform some operations and want the parent window (SFDC) to refresh.  However, when I use

Hi,

We're having a strange problem writing back to a Custom Object via the SFDC API.

When we create the custom object using a command something like:

SaveResult[] results = _binding.create(new sObject[] { obj });

We have no problems.  We can even do updates sometimes.  However, on a more complex update, we are getting the error: "Profile name is not valid."

In our development environment, we don't have any issues, this only happens in production.  Can anybody shed some light on what this error might mean?

Thanks, Jim
Hi there,

I've got a VisualForce page that I display in the Lightning.  The only issue I'm facing is that, when I go to the page, it doesn't change the tab that is currently highlighted.  In the past, I could use the tabStyle property of <apex:Page to highlight a specific tab when the page was shown, but now it doesn't work.  I'm showing the page, rather than the associated tab, because I'm not able to pass parameters into the tab itself.

Any assistance appreciated! :)

Thanks, Jim
Hi,
We have an external SOAP web service.  We have several APEX classes that call that service, and have had this in place for a couple of years. We use the standard WebServiceCallout structure to make those calls, and it works for all standard users; these classes and associated VF pages are part of our managed package.  Essentially, the SF admin drops our VF page on an Opportunity page layout, and the VF page makes the callout to the web service.  We have a new client that uses Communities, and wants to put our VF page on the Opportunity page layout for their Community Partners.  However, when they do this, the callout is never made.  There are no logs in the debug log, and we have checked all of the permissions we can think of.  The callout works for the standard users, but not partners; I've checked, and they're set to call out to the same URL.  Does anybody have any suggestions, either as to how we could troubleshoot this, or what the problem might be?  
Thanks, Jim
Hi all,
I've got a related list on my Opportunity page layout.  It has a custom button on it with OnClick javascript.  I want the button to be visible only if the Opportunity.StageName = 'Closed/Won'.  I've done this using a VisualForce page on the layout that hides the button, but this seems incredibly kludgy.  Does anybody have a better suggestion?
Thanks, Jim

Super, I can now change the label  of my managed package custom objects in Spring 11.

But I can not figure out how do I change the "Related List Label" of an object in a managed package, it continues to show with the original name?

Am I missing something, its not in the translation workbench overwrite either?

Thanks,

Matt

I'm trying to get a list of accounts based on values in a grandchild object.  Here's the query that I wrote (more or less):

SELECT name FROM Account WHERE id IN (SELECT Child__r.Account__c FROM GrandChild__c)

This gives me the message: The inner select field 'Child__r.Account__c' cannot have more than one level of relationships.

I've tried a number of permutations of this, without success.  Does anybody know a way to create a single SOQL query like this?

Hi all,

I have created a custom object "Tickets" that has an Account lookup field in it, as well as a custom URL field that holds a unique URL pointing to a trouble ticket in our internal ticketing system. I have also created a custom list button that opens our ticketing system and initiates the "new ticket" process.

When I edit the Account layout to add the Tickets related list, only the Ticket ID (autonumber) field is displayed in the related list by default. I have to edit the related list, remove this field and add in the custom URL field and also add in my custom button.

My question is: can I modify the default related list for this new custom object, so that whenever a user adds the related list to their layout, they do not have to manually change the fields/buttons within it?

Thanks for any pointers

Matt 

• February 19, 2010
Hi,

I'm trying to install an S-Control that includes another S-Control.  I've never had an issue doing this in the past, but am now getting an error when I try to INCLUDE that control. 

I get no syntax errors when I use the following line of code:
{!$SControl.MyUtils}

However, this line of code gives the error Error: Field $SControl.MyUtils does not exist. Check spelling.:
{! INCLUDE($SControl.MyUtils)}

I've used this line of code numerous times, both on the Sandbox and in live implementations.  The only clue for me that this might be different is that this is in the Sandbox and is using Win08PreRe.  Can anybody help?

Thanks, Jim
Hi,