• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Is it possible to default the spell check(while sending emails) to a language related to the object from which we are sending that email.

Is there any parameter which we can pass to default it?

Any pointers will be of great help.

Thanks

Swapna

• April 15, 2009
Hi,

I have a command button which is used to submit a form with some search text.

I want to submit the form even when the user presses 'Enter Key', so used java script to implement this.

Im using the following code

function handleKeyPress(e){
var sbutton = document.getElementById("{!$Component.form1.block.pbs.pbsi.btn}");

var key= 0;
if(window.event){
key= e.keyCode;
}else if(e.which){
key= e.which;
}
if(key==13){
sbutton.click();
}
}

I'm displaying the fetched data in a pageblocktable.

when I click enter the javascript function is called and the data table is getting refreshed with the fetched results.

But with in a moment the page is again getting refreshed/redirected back to the previous set of results.

I'm not sure what I'm I missing.

Thanks
Swapna
  • February 02, 2009
Hi,

I'm trying to send an email using apex (and S-control).

Everything is working fine except the context user's (user who is executing it) email Id is getting appended to the display name.

We dont want any details of the user to be seen by the customer even his email Id.

How to avoid this?

Need it urgent. Please help!!!!!

Thanks in Advance,
Swapna
  • October 01, 2008
Hi, I'm using apex email services. Due to the limited number user licenses, i deactivated a user who is a context user of an email service. Due to this my email service is not working.I think Email is not received by salesforce(correct me if im wrong). Does this email service work in this context. Is there any specific setting which I need to do? I'm not sure how to handle this. Could not find any information in discussion borads and in Standard help. Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in advance, Swapna
  • September 18, 2008
Hi,

I have two bulk triggers on case object.

one trigger works on before insert and before update. This trigger updates on filed on case whenever account or owner of the case changes. Another trigger is used to throw a error message whenever a user tries to close a case with open activities.This works on before update.

1. For insert it is working fine.When I change the Account or Owner field,it updates.
2. When I change the Status  field to 'closed' and try updating ,it throws the following exception.

"Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers with failures: when triggers are present partial save while loading Data requires that some subset of rows save without any errors in order to avoid inconsistent side effects from those triggers. Number of retries: 2"

Tried to change the logic to update  only those records which dont throw any errors. Still facing the same issue.

Is it a apex limitation?Can any one please suggest me any work around or any ways to handle this exception.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Swapna

• August 23, 2008
Hi,

I'm trying to update the BusinessHours field in Case based on some conditions.

I'm assigning businessHours Id value fetched from the Organisations Business Hours to this field.

Its throwing an error saying 'Illegal Assignment Id to SObject:BusinessHours'.
Is there any way to do this.

I read in the 'Apex Language Reference ' document that we cannot perform DML operations on this object.
But im updating the case not that object. Is it possible using apex?

Thanks in advance.
  • August 13, 2008
Hi,

I have a viusual force page which displays a list of cases.

I want to display the first 25 records in the first page and provide a link to the next page for the remaining records.

Something similar to standard list views. Number of pages(each displaying 25 records) should increase based on number of records. If any one can provide me code snippet to implement the same will be of great help

Thanks in advance

• August 12, 2008
Hi,

Im tring to create a case in an apex class. I want to force the case assignment rules to work.

So tried using AssignmentRuleHeader which can be used to for this prupose,but getting an error saying invalid type.

Is it possible to force assignment rules to trigger in apex code.

Can any one please suggest me any work around or alternative for this.

Thanks in advance.
  • July 24, 2008
Hi,

We are using Apex Email Services to create a case with the inbound emails.Every thing is working fine except the assignment rules. Case is not getting assigned based on the assignment rules.

Is there anything which im missing. Does email services support assignment rules? If it doesn't trigger, can any one please suggest a work around to trigger the assignment rules( with out writing the code for assignment in the apex class).

Thanks in advance

• July 22, 2008
Hi, I want to override EDIT button on the Detail Page of a Custom Object.I want to display the edit page with out header. The only option I feel is using Visual Force(Correct me if im wrong), but not sure how to redirect to the edit page using visual force pages and How to redirect to a url with out any action(i.e with out using any buttons and links) being performed If any have any code snippets will be really of great help. Im trying to hide Header of a visual force page setting showHeader="false" but this hides both header and sidebar.Is there any way where we can hide only header and not the sidebar. Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
  • June 04, 2008
Hi, I'm trying to deploy Apex classes in production from sandbox using ant tool and force.com plugin. In both the cases an exception is thrown saying Socket Exception:Socket is not closed and SSL Peer shutdown incorrectly. When do these exceptions come up.Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
  • May 28, 2008
Hi I have an s-control on the detail page of Opportunity which displays a list of records. but i want to resize the iframe based on the list( i.e either increase or decrease its height) Tried using the resize snippets provided in the help and training, but my does'nt seems to work if i include the snippets. Also tried using the following function posted in the blog http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=3626 function resizeIframe(height) { var id = new String(window.name); var iframeElement = parent.document.getElementById(id); iframeElement.style.height = height + "px" } But not sure how to use this, what parameter i need to pass to this function. this is my s-control
<script src="/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script> var queryResult = sforce.connection.query("select Id, Name, Attachment_Type__c from Attachment_Custom__c where Related_Opportunity__c = '{!Opportunity.Id}'"); var output = "
"; output += "
Attachment Name
"; output += "
Attachment Type
"; //get the records array var records = queryResult.getArray('records'); //loop through the records and construct html string for (var i = 0; i < records.length; i++) { var Attachment = records[i]; //alert(Attachment ); output += "
"; output +="
" + Attachment .Name + "
"; output += "
" + Attachment .Attachment_Type__c + "
"; } document.write(output); output += ""; </script>
I have been tring since a long time but not able resolve it. It will be great if any one help's me out solving this. Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
  • May 09, 2008
Hi,

I want to implement Single Sign On functionality in my Org.

But dont know how to start and what are the pre requisites for it.

Can any one please suggest me what all the steps I need to follow.

What all the configurations and setup required?

Thanks in advance.
  • April 22, 2008
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
  • April 22, 2008
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

• April 22, 2008
HI,

We are using Email Services to create Email To Lead. As it is working fine in Sandbox,now we are trying to deploy the same in Production.

But not sure what procedure I need to follow.

How should I implement the Test Coverage? Do I need to write some code which sends an email, not sure if this will use the Class which i'm using for Email Services and also not sure which email Id to use.

Can any one share me the script implementing the test coverage.

Any pointers on this, will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance
  • April 17, 2008
Hi,

I'm tyring to override the New button(using an s-control) of a custom object2which is in the related list of another custom object1

This   s-control auto populates some of the fieds of Custom object2 with the values from custom object1.

This S-control is working fine. But when im trying to pass a field of type Text Area(which has multiple lines), the value is getting trimmed and im getting all the lines clubbed into a single line.

I tried replacing the line feed(\n) with its equivalent but it doesn't seems to be working. For the time being I replaced '\n' with Comma(,).

If any one has any idea how to implement this, please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance
  • April 10, 2008
Hi,

I want to override Accept Button in leads with an  S-control.This S-control should perform the Accept Functionality and also automatically Convert the lead which is accepted.

I can write a Apex Class (if im correct) which performs the Convert functionality using Database leadconvert methods which is called from an s-control after performing the Accept functionality.

But i'm not sure how to implement the "Accept" functionality using an S-control.

If any one who has worked on this type of issue, can you please share the script.

Is there any way to perform the same functionality.

Thanks in Advance

• April 10, 2008
Hi,

I installed Microsoft Outlook version 3.2.111 from my Salesforce Org. Im using Windows XP and Outlook 2003.

when im trying to connect  Salesforce Sandbox  by providing my login details through Tools->Salesforce Options->General.

When I click verify, Im getting the following error

Not Well-Formed at Byte Index 996. Failed to login  Salesforce.

Im I  missing any settings.Not sure what might be the problem??

Thanks in Advance.
  • March 24, 2008
Hi,

I'm facing a strange issue. I have a Lead Assignment Email Template which has both Header(with a logo) and Footer.

Im using this in some workflows and in Assignment Rules. Whenever workflow is triggered an Email is sent. The Email which I get is proper with the header and Footer(i.e in HTML Format). But the problem is with the Email sent automatically using an Assignment Rule.Both header and Footer are missing and the template doesn't seems to be like HTML.

Im testing this in the Sandbox.

Can any one help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance.
  • March 19, 2008

On a standard Salesforce edit page, when the save button is clicked, the button immediately grays out and prevents the user from clicking the button multiple times.  I'm trying to get the same effect on a VFP but I am having no luck.  Has anybody already done this?  I don't know if it's pertinent, but my save button is calling a method called Save in a custom controller.

<apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save" id="saveBtn" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons>

• March 02, 2009
Hi,

I have a viusual force page which displays a list of cases.

I want to display the first 25 records in the first page and provide a link to the next page for the remaining records.

Something similar to standard list views. Number of pages(each displaying 25 records) should increase based on number of records. If any one can provide me code snippet to implement the same will be of great help

Thanks in advance

• August 12, 2008
When a user creates a new account, i want them to enter data into a field and then once created not allow them to change this same field again. So i need the field to not be readonly on creation of a new account but readonly once the user has been created.

Anyone know how to do this or if infact its possible?

Cheers

Kris
  • May 06, 2008
Hello,

Is it possible to customize the "send an email" page? I'd like to be able to add an S-control to the page.

I know there is some capability to customize the email behavior from custom objects or existing types (leads, contacts), but is it possible to add an S-control to any (or all) instance of the "Send an email" page?

Thanks!

- Eli
  • May 06, 2008
I need to update Amount in Opportunities automatically with a custom field value "Estimated MRR", with API Name "Estimated_MRR__c". Any pointers on how to do this? I am new to salesforce, and trying to learn.

Thanks so much!
Hi,
How Do I use SaveUrl so that I can redirect it back to the edit details page

window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Donation__c.Edit, Donation__c.Id,[retURL=URLFOR($Action.Donation__c.Edit, Donation__c.Id)], true)}";

Thanks
N
  • April 23, 2008
Please help me with the formating double type:

===================================

_mlength=qrdr.records[i].Blade_Length_mm__c; ==>  returns 19.0

How can I get format it to display just ==> 19 ?

Thanks for your help
Hi,
Hi I am overriding the Edit Button with this code in the s-control

<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js">
</script>
<script>
function init()
{
window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Donation__c.Edit, Donation__c.Id,[retURL=URLFOR($Action.Donation__c.Edit, Donation__c.Id)], true)}";
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>

When the edit button is clicked the control is transfered to the edit page properly, but when I click the save button, the record is saved and the same page is displayed, it does not go back to the details page (with inline editng and edit button) even when I press the cancel button the same page is display as the control is being transfered to the s-control which is transfering back to the edit page, is there some way to disable this on the edit page is displayed..

can i do something like this..
<html>
<head>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js">
</script>
<script>
function init()
{
if (Page is Detals_Page)
Else
  window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.Donation__c.view , Donation__c.Id,[retURL=URLFOR($Action.Donation__c.view,
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="init()">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</body>
</html>
Thanks
N
  • April 22, 2008
Hi,

My organisation have enabled multi currencies.Im trying to update CurrencyIsoCode field of a custom object based on some condition.Trigger is getting saved but while testing the code it is throwing an Exception

This is the code im using

trigger PRCurrencyUpdate on Product_Request__c (before insert,before update)
{

Inventory__c inv =[Select currencyIsoCode from Inventory__c where Id= :Trigger.new[0].inventory_Name__c];
double currencycode=inv.currencyIsoCode;
Product_Request__c pr=[Select Id,currencyIsoCode from Product_Request__c where Id=:Trigger.new[0].Id];
pr.currencyIsoCode=currencycode;
update pr;
}

Can any one please help me resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance.
  • February 21, 2008
Hi,

I have a requirement where Im using 2 s-controls. One s-control calls another s-control based on some condition.
Im able to call the second s-control but not able to pass parameters to it.
Can any one please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
  • February 18, 2008
Hi I'm new to web services.I tried creating a web service and deployed it in local Apache Tomcat Web server and access it from SFDC.But getting the following error {faultcode:'soapenv:Client',faultstring:'System.CalloutException:IO Exception:Read timed out} Im able to access the web service with in intranet but not from SFDC.May be this is because of the proxy settings or the firewall(im not sure what is the exact reason).Im not aware of the settings(related to browser,configuration etc) to make it publicly available and externally accessible. If this is the problem with the settings can any one please provide me the detailed steps to make it publicly available or any other information related to it. Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in advance
  • February 05, 2008
Hi, I'm new to integration.I want to integrate SFDC to oracle database.I want to try a small requirement when I create an account in Salesforce it should get saved in oracle database and the account number generated in oracle should get populated in Salesforce. Can any one suggest me the ways to accomplish this using JAVA and the process I need to follow. If any one provide me any Guide or Code snippets will be of great help. Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in Advance
  • January 08, 2008
Hi,

I have requirement where im passing some values through an url to create a record of an custom object(lets assume this custom object as X).
After saving the record i want to redirect to a record of another custom object(ie. Y) which has X in its related list.

Im able to redirect to the edit page of X but after saving it is not getting redirected to Y record.Im using retURL but it does not seems to be working.

Im using the following code.Here reRecId is the Id of the Y object record.

parent.frames.location.replace("/a0u/e?CF00NT0000000rdmi="+raName+"&CF00NT0000000rdmi_lkid="+reRecId+"&00NT0000000s3Rp="+proName+"&00NT0000000rnJB="+warehouse+"&00NT0000000rnO3="+ucost+"&cancelURL=%2F{!SOLS_Inventory__c.Id}&retURL=%2F"+reRecId)

Can any one tell me whats wrong in my code.
I tried replacing %2F with '/' but it was of no use.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
  • December 10, 2007
hi, I am able to prepopulate fields using current record values like

parent.frames.location.replace("/006/e?retURL=%2F006%2Fo&RecordType=012500000009ELe&opp4={!Permits_Wells__c.Account__c}") }
 but now my requirement is to populate a standard field 'account name(acc2)'with a temporary variable 'name1' using

name1="xxxx";
parent.frames.location.replace("/001/e?retURL=%2F001%2Fo&acc2=name1") } I tried using this but this is not working. Is there any problem with the syntax. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.
  • June 05, 2007
Hi,
I want to validate some fields whenever it is saved or updated.I want to use s-control to validate data whenever page is loaded because triggers cannot be used in unlimited edition.Do we have any option of executing the script in  S-control whenever page is loaded or submitted instead of manually clicking a button or link.
Do i have any other alternative to do this .
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
sap

• June 04, 2007
Hi!
I'm new to writing S-Controls so I really don't know where to begin. I need to override the new button on a custom object so two fields (Case Owner & Phone) pre-populate when the user hits "New". Basically, I want to keep the standard New Action but added in my own code. I don't want to have to user click more than once. This is all I could come with up and it does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Code:
<script language="JavaScript"> 
window.parent.location.href="{!URLFOR($Action.Banking_Svs_Research_Req__c.New, null,null,true)}"; 
function redirect() { 
parent.frames.location.replace("/{! Banking_Svs_Research_Req__c.Id }/e—retURL=%2F{!Banking_Svs_Research_Req__c.Id}&00NT0000000iTK0={!Case.OwnerFullName}&00NT0000000iTuS={!Case.SuppliedPhone}&save=x") 
} 
redirect(); 
</script>

From the Winter Release theres a option of having Scontrol directly to be part of Page Layout without any need to click them, I term it as Inline Scontrol.

But the Scontrol comes up with a White Background so doesnt look as a part of the Page Layout

Can anyway we make the Scontrol background to be of the same color of Page Layout so tht it looks a single page.