• 1029 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to merge a picklist field to a custom field? 

• September 25, 2013

Hi

How to update a text field based on Date field?

For the last few days on the Force IDE when I try to deploy my files to the server I keep getting:

Save error: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

• February 13, 2013

Hi,

I have read about custom report types and reports and have created one using my custom object. Now I want to expose this report in my custom app. Is this possible using a tab or Visualforce page?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitesh

I want to be able to store and access multiple values for the same Custom Field, for example, Competitors as a field on Accounts.  I'm running out of tabs, so don't want to create a new custom object just for this.

Currently I have created multiple fields, Competitor 1, Competitor 2, Competitor 3, etc...

Is there a better way to do this? Could/should all the competitor values be stored in the same field, and parsed when called?  (Not that I would know how to do that, but if pointed in the right direction I'll figure it out.)

Thank you,

Michael

I'm a complete newbie, so please bear with me. :)

I would like to have a field for Time on a custom object.  I noticed that there is a "Time" class in Apex, but I haven't seen anything about a "Time" field (only DateTime).  Ideally this field would behave like the Date/DateTime fields, and offer a pop-up for selecting a time value.  But more importantly, it should have built-in validation.

Does such a field type exist in Salesforce, or would I need to use a Text field with validation rules, and possibly VisualForce to create the "time selector"?

Is there a preferred method or best practice for dealing with Time-only values in Salesforce?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

• December 15, 2011

Hello,

Is there a way to make an email type field take more characters than the default?

thanks,

Mirko

I need to have a validation rule that does the following:

If  picklist field Type=Claim*, then require that picklist field Resolution, picklist field Product Quantity and number field Amount are completed. I have put into place the validation rule below, however it does not let me save even if all 4 fields have values in it.  I think it is the way the field Type=Claim* is written, but I have not been successful in figuring this out.

Thanks!

AND(
OR(
(ISPICKVAL( Type, "Claim*")),
ISPICKVAL ( Resolution__c , ""),
ISPICKVAL( Product_Size__c , ""),
(Amount__c <> 0)))

I want to have a trigger which performs some actions based on the status of the isUnreadByOwner flag on Lead. The trigger will work fine if the lead is opened, and then edited in some way, causing the trigger to fire. But if the lead is only viewed, the trigger does not fire, despite the fact that isUnreadByOwner has changed from true to false.

Can anyone confirm that updating isUnreadByOwner is a "black box" update that doesn't cause triggers to fire?

Is it possible to modify the existing pages/tabs -- source code -- of the knowledge application?  I believe the changes that I would like to make will require development work and I wonder if what I am wanting to do will be possible and how to go about getting started. 

For example, I would like to include a checkbox under categories to modify the filter to return documents for the specific category selected, rather than returning all parent and child documents, which is the default behaviour.  I would like for users doing searches to be able to select/de-select based on their needs.

Is this possible with a simple tweak to the existing application?  Or is knowledge not modifiable in this way?

Hi,

I have two fields here,

Why buying? is a picklist field which has 2 values. which are 1) To Live and 2) To Rent

Home buyer area tour is also a Picklist field with 2 values

If Why buying equals To live then I need to make the Home buyer area tour picklist a mandatory. 

Can anyone tell me the validation rule for this please

• December 07, 2011

Hi, 

I set a validation code $User.Alias <> 'CCE'  so that our adminstrator could only update the custom field we made: Account_Unique_ID.

Basically, we don't want regular system users to be able to update this field, only our system admin. Can someone please help.

Thanks.

• December 06, 2011

Create message/ pop up window to let the user know that creation / deletions are in process and pending approval. Add for Accounts and Campaigns

Can any one help me..

Thanks

Creating message/ pop up window to let the user know that creation / deletions are in process and pending approval. Add for Accounts and Campaigns. 

Anyone can teach me how do to this?

Thanks in Advance.

Salesforce is integrated with Cordys. The new registrations(accounts) are coming to SF from Cordys, with a unique GUID. Now, the orders associated with the accounts are coming to SFDC from cordys. Most of the orders are successfully pushed to SF but some of them fail, getting an error in Cordys as:

Foreign key external ID: 300111468 not found for field Customer_GUID__c in entity Account

from the error i believe the registrations fail to come in SF which lead to order failure.

what could be the reason for this failure??

Need Help.

I've backed myself into a corner here so I am hoping someone can help!  

I was using the Data Loader to mass update some fields on our Events.  I ran into a problem for events that were Private, so I thought "No worries, I'll just mass change them to Private=FALSE, make the changes I need, then mark it back to Private=TRUE."  Well, it let me change from TRUE to FALSE, but would not let me change it back.  ...but I had a plan there too:  I would change the owner to me, then mark Private=TRUE, then change the owner back to the orginal.  It was genius, but alas, it did not work!  Once I marked the Event private, it would not let me change the owner back to the original owner.  So now, the Events ARE private, but they are assigned to me

The good news, is that almost all of these events belong to 1 person...the bad news is that that person is the boss!

So, does anybody know a way around this little problem?

Does any one know how to update the views for 10users at one time? we have 10 views in Opp for different users and now i want to change the criteria of the views , i was wondering if we can change at one time rather than going into one view at one time ?

I have a custom button to a report, and I would like to put a parameter in the formula for the link.

Use case: I have a page called Resource, with a child object call Time Logs.  On the Resource detail page, I have a button called "Run Time Log Report".  I would like to point that button to single report, but have it run only for the Resource of the page I am on.

Is this possible, or do I have to create a report for each Resource, then use that URL behind the button?

Hello,

I've inherited a salesforce implementation.  I am reviewing the apex code and have the following question

1) I noticed that system.debug was being used for debugging.  Where is the output trace displayed?

2) In most places in the code, system.debug had been commented.  What is the impact of not commenting (after testing)?

thanks for your help,

Mirko

Hello

I have a problem with a validation rule.

I wish it worked only for certain users.

How can I do this?

Thanks for the replies.

Data Migration some important question to keep in mind before diving into data migration whole hog....

My blog!!!

http://salesforcecrmnuances.blogspot.in/2013/08/data-migration-legacy-system-to.html

(Not spamming just sharing my findings with the community)

• August 09, 2013

Hi ,

Do refer to my blog on "Custom Settings" in case you are having issues using them.

Just sharing the tthings I jotted down for myself. Hence this post.

Link:-

http://www.astadia.com/blogdetail?id=a2V40000000S7G8EAK

Custom Settings

Thanks 

• February 13, 2013

New blog post by me,  "Conga Composer - Basic Guide for First Time Users". Ispita covers in her blog how to use Conga Composer for various reporting and document generation. This post is a follow up to her blog from a few weeks ago.

Conga Composer - Basic Guide

The pupose of this post is knowledge sharing and not flooding ...

Going by the salesforce basic mantra of sharing knowledge I am posting my follow-up blog  here in General Section.

Thanks

• January 10, 2013

“Tech Moment of the Week”: Conga Composer - A how-to guide for first...

astadia.com

Let’s start with the basics, what exactly is Conga Composer?  As per the Official Site of Conga Composer,

Click here for more

• December 10, 2012

I have always found it a bit awkward to use either javascript or wrapper class to display serial numbers while using repeaters in apex. Its a basic requirement in any VF UI involving iterators but till now I had been taking the torturous route of "wrapper class" or "Javascript".
In case you too faced the same issue, perhaps the following link will resolves your coding owes and make things easier and simpler for you.

http://salesforcecrmnuances.blogspot.in/2012/09/simple-row-counter-while-using.html

• September 17, 2012

Hi All,

My Blog related to small glitches one gets while using methods like getContent() and problem in giving coverage if your code involves getContent() or involves evaluation of  conditions based on system/audit fields like creaateddate .

http://salesforcecrmnuances.blogspot.in/2012/09/reading-makes-you-smarter-but-practice.html

Hope Bob doesnt flag this post, I am just sharing about issues I have faced while coding so that others avoid them.

Thanks

• September 02, 2012

Hi,

This post is to help people new to salesforce and Conga , hence post it under "General Development" 

My Blog for people taking the plunge- first time with Conga Composer. This is the second in the series of Blogs on how to use Conga Composer for rich reporting and document generation experience. This blog tells you about basic usage of Conga and deciphers how data is extracted.

This is not flooding just an attempt to help the community members which is the basic tennet of salesforce as a platform.

For more insight click on the following link:-

Salesforce CRM Nuances: Conga Composer - A how to do guide for first time users (2) (Basic Use)

Thanks and spead the knowledge...

Hi,

This post is to help people new to salesforce and Conga , hence post it under "General Development" 

My Blog for people taking the plunge- first time with Conga Composer. This is the second in the series of Blogs on how to use Conga Composer for rich reporting and document generation experience. This blog tells you about basic usage of Conga and deciphers how data is extracted.

This is not flooding just an attempt to help the community members which is the basic tennet of salesforce as a platform.

Salesforce CRM Nuances: Conga Composer - A how to do guide for first time users (2) (Basic Use)

Thanks and spead the knowledge.

Hi,

This post is to help people new to salesforce and Conga , hence post it under "New to Cloud Development" 

For more insight click on the following link:-

Thanks and spead the knowledge.

My Blog for people taking the plunge- first time with Conga Composer. This is the first in the series of Blogs (I think it will be 3 or 4) on how to use Conga Composer for rich reporting and document generation experience. Conga does arm us with lot of flexibility as far as data is concerned. This blog tells you what all you need to do to prepare your org to start using this versatile App for rich reporting and document generation.

Below is the link to my blog ...

Conga Composer - A how to do guide for first time users

My Blog for people taking the plunge- first time with Conga Composer. This is the first in the series of Blogs (I think it will be 3 or 4) on how to use Conga Composer for rich reporting and document generation experience. Conga does arm us with lot of flexibility as far as data is concerned. This blog tells you what all you need to do to prepare your org to start using this versatile App for rich reporting and document generation.

Hi All,

My Blog on how to write test methods effortlessly. 

Click here to see how easily you can write Unit Test Methods

Hope this makes life easy for many new converts to SFDC platform.

Also next blog is on Conga Composer and it will be a Dummy's guide on how to implement Merging and generating of douments from scratch using Conga- that is you just have a developer org to start with.

Watch the space!!!! 

Thanks and regards,

Hi All,

My Blog on how to write test methods effortlessly . 

Click here to see how easily you can write Unit Test Methods

Hope this makes life easy for many new converts to SFDC platform.

Also next blog is on Conga Composer and it will be a Dummy's guide on how to implement Merging and generating of douments from scratch using Conga- that is you just have a developer org to start with.

Watch the space!!!! 

Thanks and regards,

My blog for new converts to salesforce on writing test methods. I have tried to cut down on technical jargon and have attempted to demystify them.

Unit Test Methods - demystified

This is a question which is related to the Spring 12 feature and an insight into this will be helpful.

I was going through the Spring 12 features and something which caught my imagination was the :-

Social Contacts and Accounts - which gives in a matter of clicks pulls data in salesforce from

1. Facebook

2. Twitter

etc. etc..

My question is does salesforce allow us to grab the data returned via some API , if someone has come across such APIs please do share the online resource or if possible code snippet ...

Thanks in advance .....

• February 06, 2012

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me find out if content can be dynamically or programatically generated using siteforce.

If that can be done an example of how it can be achieved willl be helpful  ...

Thanks in advance...

• February 06, 2012

There is an issue which we are facing w.r.t. installing of EmailToCase agent - the error log says invalid response received , does anyone know the reason the occurance of this issue and what is the possible prognosis of this error.

Thanks in advance...

• January 20, 2012

Hi friends,

My Blog  link ~ watch this space for just daily topsy-turvy  journey of a coder's life on the Force.com domain....

http://salesforcecrmnuances.blogspot.com/2011/11/aloha-milestones-pm-rewards-for-finding.html?spref=tw

• December 01, 2011
Hi,
Can anyone guide me with how to add picklist values dynamically to a picklist field through code.
With my reserach so far I have think that addition of values to picklist fields can be done only via Salesforce UI,in case I am not of the right page on this please do correct me.
Second of all I have the requirement of setting as default one of the picklist values via coding.
Third I am required to delete picklist values dynamically via code.

Help on the above will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

I want tu SUM the MAX values from an Object

I want to do something like this:

SELECT sum(max(Exposici_n__c)) FROM  Cartera_de_Credito__c WHERE Fecha_al__c = 2013-06-30  Group BY Banda_2__c  ORDER BY Max(Banda__c)

Please help.

Bryan Sosa.

Hi,

We have two PROD instances.( you can treat as 2 diff orgs A and B) we would like to shut down A one completely and only use one PROD B.

We will no longer use any customizations from one PROD A. but we would like to save all the development work at some place. so we can refer to it if needed. we were able to export all the data and place it on different server. I am wondering if we can replicate the PROD A instance into PROD B sandbox.

Any information would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

• October 01, 2013

I'm not able to see the overall Test Coverage of one of my Classes in the lower right section of the Developer Console.

I can see the individual method's coverage but not the overall coverage.

please help me out here.

Hi, I am new to the developer world and am currently an SFDC admininstrator.  We need to create a custom object in salesforce however our current settings only allow us to have a maximum of two fields side by side.  The custom object we need requires 8+ fields side by side.  Would anyone have code or direction on how I could go about creating a custom object to allow 8+ columns appear in a custom object?  

Thank you! 

• September 25, 2013

riggeri am testing a trigger.i am calling this method

GMirrorUtil.createTimeLine(Trigger.new, contentMap);

My create timeline function is 

public static void createTimeLine(List<sObject> objList,Map<String,String> contentMap){ 
      Map<Id,User> userMap = new Map<Id,User>([Select id,Name From User where Authorize__c = true]);
      Map<Id,GlassUserApiSettings__c> userSettingsMap = new Map<Id,GlassUserApiSettings__c>();

for(Id user_id : userMap.keySet()){
         GlassUserApiSettings__c userSettings = GlassUserApiSettings__c.getValues(user_id);
        if(userSettings == null)
         { User u =userMap.get(user_id);
            u.Authorize__c = false;
           update u;  
         }
          else userSettingsMap.put(user_id,userSettings); 

}
       for(sObject obj : objList)
         for(Id userId: userSettingsMap.keySet() ){
           String type = '';
           if(contentMap.get('Object').equals('FeedItem'))
             type='Post';
           if(contentMap.get('Object').equals('FeedComment'))
             type= 'Comment';
           GlassUserApiSettings__c userSettings = userSettingsMap.get(userId);
           if(((String)obj.get(contentMap.get('Content'))).contains('@'+userMap.get(userId).Name)){
             Datetime tokenExpiredTime = userSettings.LastModifiedDate;
             tokenExpiredTime.addSeconds(Integer.valueOf(userSettings.ExpireDuration__c)); 
             String body='{"html":"<article><section><div class="text-auto-size">'+type+':'+
                         '<p class="yellow">"'+obj.getSObject('CreatedBy')+'&nbsp;'+obj.getSObject('CreatedBy')+'</p><p>'+obj.get(contentMap.get('Content'))+'</p>'+
                         '</div></section> </article>"}';
                         System.debug('Body is '+body);
             if(tokenExpiredTime >= System.now()){
               GMirror.TokenResponse res  =  GMirrorUtil.refreshToken(userSettings.RefreshToken__c);                 
               userSettings.RefreshToken__c = res.refresh_token;
               userSettings.AccessToken__c  = res.access_token;    
               userSettings.ExpireDuration__c = Integer.valueOf(res.expires_in) ;
               update userSettings;
             }
             String timelineRes = doApiCall(body,'POST','https://www.googleapis.com/mirror/v1/timeline',userSettings.AccessToken__c);
             GMirror.TimelineResponse createdTimeCard  = (GMirror.TimelineResponse) JSON.deserialize(timelineRes,GMirror.TimelineResponse.class);   
             if(createdTimeCard.id != null)
               System.debug('created timeline card :'+createdTimeCard);
             else { try{
                        throw new GMirror.TimelineException(null,timelineRes);
                       }
                    catch(Gmirror.TimelineException e){
                      System.debug(e.getMessage());
                    }
                  }
           }
         }          
    }

but when i initialize prepare String body='{"html":"'+type+':'+ '"'+obj.getSObject('CreatedBy')+' '+obj.getSObject('CreatedBy')+'

'+obj.get(contentMap.get('Content'))+'

'+ ' "}'; i check it in debug logs its giving me null for getSObject('CreatedBy'); i inserted it in my test class thats why trigger invoked and i am using afterinsert event in trigger . can any one please tell why its giving me null ??

• September 25, 2013

Is it possible to merge a picklist field to a custom field? 

• September 25, 2013

How do I create a custom Account Field that will show the date the last task (call from soft phone logged as a task) was completed for that account? Could I also customize to show the call result in addition to the date completed?

Hi -

I'm cleaning up some data and I need to delete a Picklist value.  But I get the message:

The picklist value you attempted to delete is the last value for the following record types. This picklist must contain at least one value. Either add another value to the picklist or to the following record type.

How do I fix this?

thank you -

Sara

• September 25, 2013

Is there a way to filter lookup dialog results based on certain criteria?  

So for example: 

I have a lookup relationship field for Products on a custom object for a Contact Product Association custom object.  When I click to lookup a product, I am shown all of our products.  I am trying to find a way to restrict the lookup dialog to only show me products in a certain pricebook.  Does anyone know how I could do that?

Thanks!

I created the project and tried to pull choice 1 (apex/VF) from production org, got this error:

Factory exception occurred when marshalling package manifest into DOM document, please make sure package manifest is well-form and present in proper location.

Reason:

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName can not case to com.sum.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Please let me know what i need to do to proceed. Thank you!

• September 25, 2013

Hello - Could someone please assist with a APEX code solution. I am not too familiar with APEX codes and have an issue where when we convert a lead to a contact and account, the custom object "Marketing Activities" information that is related to the lead, does not carry over to the contact record and account record. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Thanks,

Dave

• September 25, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to create a refreshable dashboard that needs to be refreshed every minute. So i start with desiging a report. 

Now, the report has the createddate (which has date and time) which is one of my filter. But i filter for data only after 3:00 am. Now my question is, 

- How to create a refreshable dashboard

- How to have the date change to current day automatically, but the time stays constant at 3:00 am. 

Ex: Today the data for the dashboard should be showing data after 9/25/2013 3:00 am

Tomorrow without any intervention, the dashboard should show data for  after 9/26/2013 3:00 am

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi there we are going to pull our users details name, email etc from a portal site onto their contact record in SFDC to allow us to compare the values. We will also include an auto update trigger checkbox that allows the contact owner to accept the portal site as the source of truth and overwrite the contact fields. The code below does this but a new requirement has arisen that means the trigger should only fire if any of the Portal fields have changed.

In a formula id just use ischanged(c.strPortalTitle__c) but I doubt that'll work in apex triggers :-)

"trigger AutoUpdate on Contact (after delete, after insert, after undelete, 
after update, before delete, before insert, before update) {

if (trigger.isBefore){
       if (trigger.isInsert || trigger.isUpdate){
        for (Contact c : trigger.new){

if (c.intAutomaticallyUpdate__c){

if (c.Salutation != c.strPortalTitle__c) c.Salutation = c.strPortalTitle__c; 

//Multiselect picklist fields
        if (c.strMarketingOptOutPreference__c != c.strPortalMarketingOptOutPreference__c) c.strMarketingOptOutPreference__c = c.strPortalMarketingOptOutPreference__c;
        if (c.strCompanyPeerGroupFocus__c != c.strPortalCompanyPeerGroupFocus__c) c.strCompanyPeerGroupFocus__c = c.strPortalCompanyPeerGroupFocus__c;
        if (c.Commodity_Fuel_Focus__c != c.strPortalCommodityFuelFocus__c) c.Commodity_Fuel_Focus__c = c.strPortalCommodityFuelFocus__c;
        if (c.Regional_Focus__c != c.strPortalRegionalFocus__c) c.Regional_Focus__c = c.strPortalRegionalFocus__c;"

Thanks in advance for your help

Paul

I have contact/lead tracking data from another system that needs to tie back in with Salesforce.

What object should I use to report these actions that Contacts and or Lead has taken?

These actions are for example, links clicked, opens, visits to certain web page, etc.  Pretty basic.

I don't see a place in the Contact or Lead objects for this.

Thanks!

Hello

I am trying to find a way to hide a 'New' button on a related list based on the logged in user role and the status attribute of the current record.

For example, I have an object that, once it reaches a certain state and only for certain users, should not be editable or associated with other objects. I can easily hide the edit button on my VisualForce page, but I'm not sure how to hide the 'New' buttons on the related lists.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!

Hi,  I need to store documents temporarily in Salesforce so that I can then render then on a Force.com site as a PDF page.

I have 2 main choices I can see for this. To store the documents in Files or Documents.  The purpose of storing them is to have a temporary store of the file in SFDC and this file will be deleted after a period of time.  The files will not be more than 5 MB in size.

My question on this, is there any benefit to storing them in Files over storing them in Documents or vice versa?  The only purpose is that I can then render the file as a pdf in a force.com site?

Are there any performance benefits to retrieving storing the file in Fiels or Documents?

Thanks in advance for any help..