• -1 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

i have an old post on here (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=custom_formula&message.id=4416)

where I was attempting to add 1 or 2 months to a date.  For instance, if my date was 3/4/2010, I wanted to be able to add one month and get 4/4/2010. 

there was a link to a page (successforce i think) that had a series of formulas that would allow me to do this.  however, i need to be able to access this page again and it's gone. 

does anyone know where this page is, or if there is an easier way to accomplish this now?

thanks,

miss v

• March 04, 2010
i'm fairly new to working with eclipse, so this is probably a no-brainer for most. i want to take and existing custom object and modify it every so slightly in a new visualforce page. then i'll override the existing page. however, do i have to write the entire page over from scratch, or is there a way to download the class? basically, it's a really long page and i want to add dynamic edits, but i'm hoping i can just get a sample of it via eclipse and make the few modifications from that... thanks,
in the documents section of SFDC there is a 'replace document' button so you don't have to delete and recreate a new document if you are just updating it.

i have a custom object with a time line attached in the notes & attachments section, and it will be updated often. i'm wondering if there is way to recreate the 'replace document' button to easily update here?

I have found a consultant. Thank you.

Original message:

I have a small project (I believe some APEX coding is required) that should not take more than a couple hours to complete. I am looking within a budget - I need someone that is priced $20-$25/hour.

Although this is a smaller project, if you provide what we need at that rate, I would have larger projects in the future. Please contact me if you are within this rate and have experience working with APEX and are interested in becoming a contracted consultant for our project needs. Thank you,

Valerie Thompson
vthompson@bcinsourcing.com

Message Edited by miss v on 05-27-2009 08:17 AM

I think I need a trigger to relate two objects, 

i have two custom objects, (Product Info and Revenue)... both are the child object of Account.  

In Product Info, I have a picklist of values (Organes, Apples, etc). and then a bunch of price data about each product, including my commission rate.   So if the Account is Trader Joes, Oranges may .59 each.   If the Account is Whole Foods, Oranges may be .69 each. Each accout has about 4 or 5 records depending on what I sell to them.

In the Revenue Object, I enter Oranges Revenue - $100,000 for May (related by Master Detail to Account - Trader Joes).    That is the amount of revenue Trader Joes earned on Oranges I sold them.

Now, I want to write a formula that allows me to calculate the commisions i recieve based on each product for each month's revene.   I wrote this cross object formula for the Revenue Object:

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product_Info_r.Product_c., "Oranges"), (Product_Info_r.Commision_Rate_c*Orange Revenue), null)

However, the fomula doesn't calculate correctly because when it tries to find the Commission Rate from Product_Info, it doesn't now which Orange picklist value to associate - because there is a different orange commission value under each account page.  

I find this odd - consdsidering both are child objects under Account, but this seems to be the problem.   I even tried adding some additional formula that said IF(Product_Info_r.AccountID=Revenue_AccountID....   

Is there any way to write an Apex trigger that would associate the two object based on the account they are under?  Is this is even the right way to go about this?

• March 06, 2009
I've use the ISPICKVAL function a million times, but I can't get it to work on the most simple formula - using a cross object.
Basically, I just want the formula to display 1 if the Benefit Year is 2008 (text string), and 0 if anything else.
Any ideas?

IF(ISPICKVAL(Benefit__r.Benefit_Year__c, "2008"), 1,0)

• January 09, 2009
I am the SFDC administrator for our company, and recently I was asked about some fuctionality and I'm not sure if it is possible.

If we have the each state listed with a checkbox, and a particular state is checked as active, can we activate new fields regarding details to that state (how many employees, languages needed,etc).  So that we have the data for each "active" state, but we are bogged down with all these fields for every state - they are only visible (either by hyperlink, or in the page layout iself) if the checkbox is checked?

I tried looking up information on Apex triggers, but I don't think that is what I should be looking at.

Any help?
  • August 14, 2008
I need to write a formula that calcualtes payroll cycles for each of our Accounts.  I have already written the formula below that works, but i need to write in an exception for one Account that basically says the same thing below, but changes the result number if the ACCOUNT= TEST.  

IF(ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Weekly"), 52,
IF( ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Semi Monthly"), 24,
IF( ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Monthly"), 12,
IF( ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Biweekly"), 26, null
)
)
)
)

I tried to add this in, but it still calculates Biweekly as 26 instead of 24: IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Biweekly"), Account__c: ="Test"), 24,

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message Edited by miss v on 04-14-2008 07:38 AM

Message Edited by miss v on 04-14-2008 07:44 AM
  • April 14, 2008
I've created a few mail merge documents that i've uploaded for our users.  However, some of the documents should not be shared company-wide...  is there a way to restrict permissions on which users or groups can see which documents?

thanks.
  • February 08, 2008
I have been working on creating cutomized mail merge documents for our users - one of which requires I create a reports that pulls all the data from 2 months ago. 
However, this is not an option in the date range area.   I thought about using advanced filters, but this report will be run every month, always pulling up the data from 2 months ago... I don't want to have to update my filters every month...

Any advice?
  • February 05, 2008
I am trying to run a simple mail merge document that contains data from three objects (2 of which are custom objects): Account, Employees and Benefit. 
Both Employees and Benefit are on the detail side of a Master-Detail relationship with Account.  The Benefit Object is also related by Lookup to the Employees Object through a unique ID. 

Basically, I need to create an merge document (S-control, perhaps?) that contains data from Employees Object such as {!Employees__c.First_Name__c} and {!Employees__c.Last_Name__c}, and also contain data from the Benefits Object such as {!Benefit__c.Date_Seen__c} and {!Benefit__c.UPACC_TT__c}. My problem is that when I run this using standard Salesforce Mail Merge functionality, either the Employee information does not show up or the Benefit data does not show up.  I tried running it from the Accounts page too, as both objects are related through Master-Detail to Account, but no data shows up.

Does anyone have an idea of how to make this work?
  • October 19, 2007
Ok, I'm working with a custom formula to calculate the actual working days per month.  The key to everything is the Date Seen field ("Date_Seen__c")...  Everytime one of our counselors sees an employee, they populate the Date Seen field.  There is a formula that runs off of this field that basically calculates a "1" for every date seen IF( NOT(ISNULL(Date_Seen__c)) ,1, 0)

That all works just fine.

Now, what is being asked of me is to calculate the number of employees see per working a day of each month.  For instance, if our counselor John Smith saw 100 employees in a month, and there were 20 working days per month, that would be an average of 5 per day.  So I told the system what number of working days to calcuate for each month with this formula:

IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=1,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=2,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),20,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=3,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=4,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),21,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=5,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=6,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),21,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=7,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=8,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),23,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=9,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),19,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=10,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),23,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=11,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),20,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=12,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),20, null
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
Then I ran a formula that says EE_SN__c / TT_Days_In_Month__c

I'm grouping the reports to group by month - but it doesn't calculate by the number I'm assigning.  For instance, in August, it's dividing by 25, and for June and July it's calculating by 20.  What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be really really appreciated.  :)
  • September 05, 2007
I am trying to create a 'Work Day' formula for my company so they can calculate how many leads were contacted up until today, but excluding non-working days.

Basically, I need to write a formula that calculates the number of days in a month (up to Today), but does not include Saturday or Sunday.  For instance, today is August 13...  but instead of 13 days this month, it would need to calculate 9 days (subtracting out Aug4&5 and Aug 11&12).

Is this possible?  I'm willing to create multiple fields, but I cannot even being to figure out how to do this.

Thanks for any help provided.

• August 13, 2007
I'm a little new at this, but I created a formula field that is supposed to run one forumla if the Account=X, and then run another (similar) formula if the Account<>X.  I'm not getting syntax errors, but the actual field doesn't calculate any differently when I add it to the report. 

Basically, I'm trying to subsitute "CPC_ING_TRM_LIFE_25_c" (instead of ING_c) when the Account name is CPC.  However, it's calculating the second formula with the ING_c for all Account names (including CPC).  Can anyone tell me why it's not working?   

IF( Account__c="CPC", AIG__c + AUL__c + BM__c + CPC_ING_TRM_LIFE_25__c + Htfd__c + Other__c + ReliStnd__c + UNUM__c, AIG__c + AUL__c + BM__c + Htfd__c + Other__c + ReliStnd__c + UNUM__c+ ING__c)

I have a user who just installed the Office Connector from inside SF (in the Desktop Integration section of Personal Setup), and it appears to have installed a version 4.0 of the toolkit.

He's getting the "Can't find project or library" error that others have reported getting as a result of a mismatch between Version 2.0 of the toolkit and Version 6.16 of the Excel Connector.

Has there been an updated version of the Excel Connector that will work with Version 4.0 of the toolkit? If not, how do I downgrade him back to Version 3.0, since the only version that will download from SF setup is version 4.0?  

This is not the most technical of users, and I'm supporting him from 200 miles away, so I can't just go to his computer and do it for him. So asking him to go to the Developer Toolkit type sites and figure out what to do is asking for disaster. Please help!

i'm fairly new to working with eclipse, so this is probably a no-brainer for most. i want to take and existing custom object and modify it every so slightly in a new visualforce page. then i'll override the existing page. however, do i have to write the entire page over from scratch, or is there a way to download the class? basically, it's a really long page and i want to add dynamic edits, but i'm hoping i can just get a sample of it via eclipse and make the few modifications from that... thanks,
I have found a consultant. Thank you.

Original message:

I have a small project (I believe some APEX coding is required) that should not take more than a couple hours to complete. I am looking within a budget - I need someone that is priced $20-$25/hour.

Although this is a smaller project, if you provide what we need at that rate, I would have larger projects in the future. Please contact me if you are within this rate and have experience working with APEX and are interested in becoming a contracted consultant for our project needs. Thank you,

Valerie Thompson
vthompson@bcinsourcing.com

Message Edited by miss v on 05-27-2009 08:17 AM

I think I need a trigger to relate two objects, 

i have two custom objects, (Product Info and Revenue)... both are the child object of Account.  

In Product Info, I have a picklist of values (Organes, Apples, etc). and then a bunch of price data about each product, including my commission rate.   So if the Account is Trader Joes, Oranges may .59 each.   If the Account is Whole Foods, Oranges may be .69 each. Each accout has about 4 or 5 records depending on what I sell to them.

In the Revenue Object, I enter Oranges Revenue - $100,000 for May (related by Master Detail to Account - Trader Joes).    That is the amount of revenue Trader Joes earned on Oranges I sold them.

Now, I want to write a formula that allows me to calculate the commisions i recieve based on each product for each month's revene.   I wrote this cross object formula for the Revenue Object:

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product_Info_r.Product_c., "Oranges"), (Product_Info_r.Commision_Rate_c*Orange Revenue), null)

However, the fomula doesn't calculate correctly because when it tries to find the Commission Rate from Product_Info, it doesn't now which Orange picklist value to associate - because there is a different orange commission value under each account page.  

I find this odd - consdsidering both are child objects under Account, but this seems to be the problem.   I even tried adding some additional formula that said IF(Product_Info_r.AccountID=Revenue_AccountID....   

Is there any way to write an Apex trigger that would associate the two object based on the account they are under?  Is this is even the right way to go about this?

• March 06, 2009
I've use the ISPICKVAL function a million times, but I can't get it to work on the most simple formula - using a cross object.
Basically, I just want the formula to display 1 if the Benefit Year is 2008 (text string), and 0 if anything else.
Any ideas?

IF(ISPICKVAL(Benefit__r.Benefit_Year__c, "2008"), 1,0)

• January 09, 2009
Hi all,

sorry if this has already been posted.

I am working on the Customer Service part of Salesforce.
When logging Cases, the system should calculate a due date based on the SLA and on the Customer Service Center Calendar (meaning, without holidays, bank holidays, week-ends, etc.).
Since there are no standard feature to enable this feature, I have been told this is feasible through Apex.

I'm pretty new in the Apex world: I've done some developments, but nothing too fancy, so if you could help me out on this one, I would really appreciate.
Not mentioning I'm sure it's the kind of issue Customers face all the time...

Thanks in advance,
Free

• August 29, 2008
I am the SFDC administrator for our company, and recently I was asked about some fuctionality and I'm not sure if it is possible.

If we have the each state listed with a checkbox, and a particular state is checked as active, can we activate new fields regarding details to that state (how many employees, languages needed,etc).  So that we have the data for each "active" state, but we are bogged down with all these fields for every state - they are only visible (either by hyperlink, or in the page layout iself) if the checkbox is checked?

I tried looking up information on Apex triggers, but I don't think that is what I should be looking at.

Any help?
  • August 14, 2008
Hi,

I have a formula field named Contract End Date and the value of this field should be calucated based on Contract Start Date and the Contract Duration. Contract Start Date is of type Date and Contract Duration is the number of months. Id I just add both the fields it considers Contract Duration as number of days instead of month. How do I achieve this?

Thanks
Jina
I need to write a formula that calcualtes payroll cycles for each of our Accounts.  I have already written the formula below that works, but i need to write in an exception for one Account that basically says the same thing below, but changes the result number if the ACCOUNT= TEST.  

IF(ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Weekly"), 52,
IF( ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Semi Monthly"), 24,
IF( ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Monthly"), 12,
IF( ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Biweekly"), 26, null
)
)
)
)

I tried to add this in, but it still calculates Biweekly as 26 instead of 24: IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(Payroll_Cycle__c, "Biweekly"), Account__c: ="Test"), 24,

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message Edited by miss v on 04-14-2008 07:38 AM

Message Edited by miss v on 04-14-2008 07:44 AM
  • April 14, 2008
I've created a few mail merge documents that i've uploaded for our users.  However, some of the documents should not be shared company-wide...  is there a way to restrict permissions on which users or groups can see which documents?

thanks.
  • February 08, 2008
I have been working on creating cutomized mail merge documents for our users - one of which requires I create a reports that pulls all the data from 2 months ago. 
However, this is not an option in the date range area.   I thought about using advanced filters, but this report will be run every month, always pulling up the data from 2 months ago... I don't want to have to update my filters every month...

Any advice?
  • February 05, 2008
Ok, I'm working with a custom formula to calculate the actual working days per month.  The key to everything is the Date Seen field ("Date_Seen__c")...  Everytime one of our counselors sees an employee, they populate the Date Seen field.  There is a formula that runs off of this field that basically calculates a "1" for every date seen IF( NOT(ISNULL(Date_Seen__c)) ,1, 0)

That all works just fine.

Now, what is being asked of me is to calculate the number of employees see per working a day of each month.  For instance, if our counselor John Smith saw 100 employees in a month, and there were 20 working days per month, that would be an average of 5 per day.  So I told the system what number of working days to calcuate for each month with this formula:

IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=1,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=2,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),20,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=3,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=4,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),21,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=5,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=6,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),21,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=7,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),22,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=8,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),23,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=9,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),19,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=10,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),23,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=11,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),20,
IF(AND(MONTH(Date_Seen__c)=12,YEAR(Date_Seen__c)=2007 ),20, null
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
)
Then I ran a formula that says EE_SN__c / TT_Days_In_Month__c

I'm grouping the reports to group by month - but it doesn't calculate by the number I'm assigning.  For instance, in August, it's dividing by 25, and for June and July it's calculating by 20.  What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be really really appreciated.  :)
  • September 05, 2007