• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a vf page that was working ok, but failed as soon as I enabled advanced currency management.

Here's the relevant markup:

<apex:column headerValue="Amount"><apex:outputfield value="{!opp.Amount}"/></apex:column>

and here's the error (which was followed by a stack trace):

Currency fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported. ...Exception type: class common.exception.ApiException Exception msg: Currency fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported. Stack trace: common.exception.ApiException: Currency fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported. at core.apexpages.components.ApexFieldComponentBase.compile(ApexFieldComponentBase.java:903) ...

I filed a support case with Salesforce, and our account exec wrote:

I have had a development team member review the error message and it seems that thiis as expecetd. 

This case has been registered to the current feature request for development in a future release. 

Can it be true that enabling advanced currency management makes it impossible to display any currency field in visual force?

Hi,

I've been asked to break down the Amount field of an Opportunity into our different business areas but I'm struggling with how to do it.

Each of our products has been marked with the correct Billing Area - Eg. Production, Service etc and I want to Create a field on the Opportunity that just adds up anything in that Opportunity that is marked as Production and then another field to add up anything that is marked as Service but I am really struggling!  I thought it would be simple to do but unless I'm mising something due to the fact it's Friday afternoon I'm really stumped in this one!!

Any help or guidance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting this error when trying to add a currency type field to a VF page. I expect it has somethign to do with multicurrency being enabled in the org but I don't know how to handle it. Here is my apex code... if I remove the column and outputfields for opportunity.amount, then the page works fine.

How do I deal with correcting this? Thanks

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o" rendered="{!selectedSize <> 1}">

<apex:column rendered="{!selectedSize > 1}" headerValue="Action">

<apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, o.id)}">view</apex:outputLink>

</apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Opporunity Name">

<apex:commandLink value="{!o.name}" action="{!setbubble}" status="status" rerender="thePlot,selectedBubbles">

<apex:param value="{!o.id}" name="foo" assignTo="{!selectedId}"/>

</apex:commandLink>

</apex:column>

<apex:column headervalue="Account Name"><apex:outputField value="{!o.accountId}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Amount"><apex:outputField value="{!o.amount}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Stage"><apex:outputField value="{!o.stageName}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Probability"><apex:outputField value="{!o.probability}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Close Date"><apex:outputField value="{!o.closeDate}"/></apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

<apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!selectedSize == 1}">

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.account.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.probability}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.closeDate}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.lastActivityDate}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>