• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello- I'm new to Salesforce, an experienced developer otherwise.
I have been provided with a Salesforce account with a simple list of customers in it, and a report I'd like to get the contents of (built by someone else)

I now have Perl Salesforce::Simple working, connecting to the account, and listing some fundemental objects. ( I don't know what they mean yet!) I'd like to execute this report and recieve the result back.

The way Salesforce::Simple works is that it just wraps a SOQL query. Some type information is there, but I dont have to deal with it if I don't have to... Far, far simpler than the whole SOAP/WSDL model.

shortest route from A to B?

thanks in advance
 -Brian

Hello- I'm new to Salesforce, an experienced developer otherwise.
I have been provided with a Salesforce account with a simple list of customers in it, and a report I'd like to get the contents of (built by someone else)

I now have Perl Salesforce::Simple working, connecting to the account, and listing some fundemental objects. ( I don't know what they mean yet!) I'd like to execute this report and recieve the result back.

The way Salesforce::Simple works is that it just wraps a SOQL query. Some type information is there, but I dont have to deal with it if I don't have to... Far, far simpler than the whole SOAP/WSDL model.

shortest route from A to B?

thanks in advance
 -Brian