• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I got this to work fine

IMAGE (IF( Days_Open__c < 4,"/img/samples/flag_green.gif", "/img/samples/flag_red.gif"),
"Status Flag")

But now I want to add more statements like Days_Open_c > 4, but < 7 yellow, or >= 7 red

Can anyone help me with this?

I am wigging out because my custom object has vanished from the list of tables that I can query.

This object, "Object A" is a "detail" object in a master-detail relationship where the Contact table is the "master" object.

Recently I created another new custom object, "Object B" and made that into another "master" object for this "Object A".  So Object A has two masters, Object B and Contacts.

Doing this completely messed up my organization:

My users lost their list views

Several reports are now "obsolete" and will not run

But the data is still there, and it is intact.

Can someone please advise me on how to make my Object A re-appear in the Excel Connector?  We are using Enterprise Edition.

I have a sandbox on a production system that I've been able to successfully use with the Apex Data Loader and the Eclipse Force IDE for several months.

Today, I can no longer login to my sandbox account with either tool.  I reset my security token, but I still cannot login.  I am able to login to the production system without problems with these tools.  I can also login to the sandbox from the Browser without problems.

Please help!

Thanks,

Dave

I am wigging out because my custom object has vanished from the list of tables that I can query.

This object, "Object A" is a "detail" object in a master-detail relationship where the Contact table is the "master" object.

Recently I created another new custom object, "Object B" and made that into another "master" object for this "Object A".  So Object A has two masters, Object B and Contacts.

Doing this completely messed up my organization:

My users lost their list views

Several reports are now "obsolete" and will not run

But the data is still there, and it is intact.

Can someone please advise me on how to make my Object A re-appear in the Excel Connector?  We are using Enterprise Edition.

Hello guys,

I am trying to achieve the following, i am hoping someone can help me out.

I have created a custom field on my Accounts object called Group. Whenever someone creates a new account i want this field to be populated by the Division name of the user who is now the "Owner" of the Account. The Division name is in the users profile. I can do this with the "Created By' route, but cannot seem to find a way to do this with "Owner".

I was told i might need an S-Control to do this. Can someone pls help me with this?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by SFDC Dev Kallu on 12-05-2008 02:12 PM
I'd like to have the lead age custom formula field map to field in opportunities, and add that mapped lead age field with the opportunity age field for a "Total Age to Close" field.

The problem is, I can't seem to get the formula field on the leads object to map over to the opportunities object. A workflow isn't really ideal, as you have to click edit and save to get that to duplicate the value on a separate text field. Any suggestions?
Hi, I have a scenario where I want to create a status of red, yellow green using
Today - created date so if the value of difference is between 0-2.99 then green, if
3-6.99 then yellow, 7+ then red.   I thought the following would do this:

IMAGE( CASE( TODAY () -   CreatedDate, "0-2.99", "/img/samples/light_green.gif", "3-6.99", "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",  "7+", "/img/samples/light_red.gif", "/s.gif"), "status color")

However I am getting the following:

Error: Incorrect parameter for function -(). Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received TextError: Incorrect parameter for function -(). Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Text

As I am clearly missing something yet again :>( please could someone point me on the right path as this formula stuff is proving tricky.   Thank you advance.

• November 24, 2008
Hello,

I have a formula

case(Case_pack_status2__c ,"Expired", (End_Date__c - Start_Date__c)/30.41 , (today() - Start_Date__c)/30.41)

Compiled size: 1.755 characters

I modify it replacing  Case_pack_status2__c by Case_pack_status__c both formula fields same size 1633

case(Case_pack_status__c ,"Expired", (End_Date__c - Start_Date__c)/30.41 , (today() - Start_Date__c)/30.41)

Compiled size: 1.787

So normally I should have the same size for both and not 1755 and 1787

but the issue is when I want to save it I get an error message
Compiled formula is too big to execute (8.918 characters).

So I create a new field with the same formula (copy and paste) and I can save it.

My issue is this field is used in Workflow time based and in other formula fields and I just want to modify it.

At the end of october I had the same issue with another formula field and some days ago I could modify and save it, quite strange.

did you have the same issue? Is it a bug?

Thanks for you answer and feedback

Pat

Message Edited by xpat on 12-06-2008 12:08 AM
  • November 21, 2008
 I have set up the following formulla in Accounts:

AND (
OR(BillingCountry = "US", BillingCountry="USA", LEN(BillingCountry)=0),
OR(
LEN(BillingState) < 2,
NOT(
CONTAINS("AL:AK:AZ:AR:CA:CO:CT:DE:DC:FL:GA:HI:ID:" &
"IL:IN:IA:KS:KY:LA:ME:MD:MA:MI:MN:MS:MO:MT:NE:NV:NH:" &
"NJ:NM:NY:NC:ND:OH:OK:OR:PA:RI:SC:SD:TN:TX:UT:VT:VA:" &
"WA:WV:WI:WY", BillingState)
)))

My problem is when my users attempt to convert a  lead  (company  is non existant) it gives the following error:      
Error: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, A valid two-letter state code is required.: [BillingState] (System Code)

Which is triggerd by the formula above.  Is there any way to leave the formula in place but still be able to convert the lead?  
Hi there -

I'm new (really new!) to formula writing and need some help with a lead scoring formula.

What I want to achieve is this (in English):  If the lead status is 'duplicate lead' or 'no potential' score the entire lead as zero.  If the above does not apply and the email address contains 'yahoo,' 'gmail,' 'rr.com,' 'aol,' 'verizon,' 'pacbell' or 'att,' score the entire lead as '1.'  If neither of the above apply, score the lead (see below).

Here's what I have so far which works for scoring the leads, but doesn't take the first two IF's into account - I need to move the last IF statement as it isn't working where it is.

Can someone help please? 

CASE (LeadSource , "Advertising", 1, "Directory Listing (paid)", 3, "Directory Listing (unpaid)", 1, "Email", 4, "E Newsletter", 4, "Inbound Call MUC", 4, "Inside Sales", 1, "Other", 1, "Press Release", 1, "Rep Lead", 1, "Seminar / Conference", 3, "Technical Article", 2, "Top 10", 1, "Tradeshow", 4, "Web", 4, "Organic - Google", 4, "PPC - Google", 4, "Google AdWords", 3,0)+
CASE (Industry , "Solar Cells", 4, "Medical", 3, "Electronic Components", 3, "Automotive", 3, "Alternative Energy", 4, "Batteries", 4, "Aerospace", 3,0)+
 IF( CONTAINS("yahoo:hotmail:gmail:rr.com:aol:verizon:pacbell:att", Email ) , 0, 2)

Thanks!
Barbara

Message Edited by barbkuntz on 11-18-2008 11:47 AM
I need help with a validation rule that requires a value Salutation which is a picklist and for First name which is a text field.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you
Hello there,

some users are complaining they have to enter the address of an account and then they have to re-enter the same information when they enter a contact for that account.

Is there a way to duplicate the values using a formula, validation rule or work flow rule?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Tomate37

In the help for VLOOKUP() it says:
VLOOKUP(field_to_return, field_on_lookup_object, lookup_value) and replace field_to_return with the field that contains the value you want returned, field_on_lookup_object with the field on the related object that contains the value you want to match, and lookup_value with the value you want to match.

However when I try to save:

IF(VLOOKUP($ObjectType.Sales_History__c.Fields.Checksum__c,$ObjectType.Sales_History__c.Fields.Checksum__c,  Checksum__c)= Checksum__c,True,False)

I receive the error:
Error: Incorrect parameter for function VLOOKUP(). Expected Record Name field.

Why doesn't the manual mention that this field_on_lookup_object MUST be a Name field?? When I try:

IF(VLOOKUP($ObjectType.Sales_History__c.Fields.Checksum__c,$ObjectType.Sales_History__c.Fields.Name,  Checksum__c)= Checksum__c,True,False)

I receive no errors, but ofcourse this is not what I want :(

Is this behaviour intended anyway and will you adjust the help text, or is the VLOOKUP() simply not working as intended? Or am I doing something wrong?

Message Edited by Harmpie on 11-14-2008 08:05 AM
We track our RA's through the "Return Authorization" App, and the only thing missing from it is the address of where we're shipping it.  Since I usually send off an email of all the information to our shipping department, I would like to be able to have the shipping address from the Account Tab show up in that section.  I don't have to be able to change it there (though that would be great), but I don't mind going back to the account page to change the information first.
I've looked at some of the formula coding, but I don't know much about it yet, I'm trying to self-teach myself on top of my other responsibilities here so any help, or tutorial someone could give me would be REALLY appreciated!
I get a message reading:

id from RevenueForecast where StartDate > 2007-12-31T00:00:00.000Z
value of filter criterion for field 'StartDate' must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes

This used to work!

• January 23, 2008