• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
For external webservice callouts there is a read timeout of 10 seconds. Is there a way to change this timeout?
I am driving crazy...I created a controller extension for a custom object and a page that overrides the Edit button...except one feature the page is working as expected:

I have a picklist field Status__c in the custom object that is not displayed on VF page, but should be updated when the user saves. Basically, when the record is created it has status 'New', once updated it should be 'Resolved'.

Now, it saves all fields that are on the page or any additional methods. But how can I override the set method for Status__c?

I have a save method, that does update a specific account...but I cannot get the Status__c field set to resolved.

Do you have any idea?

public class MyExtension {

private final MyCustomObject__c myObj;
private Account account;

private final ApexPages.standardController theController;

public MyExtension (ApexPages.StandardController theController) {
MyCustomObject__c myObj = (MyCustomObject__c) theController.getRecord();
this.theController = theController;

this.myObj = [Select Id, TestField__c, Status__c from MyCustomObject__c where Id = :myObj.Id];

}

public PageReference save () {

update this.account; // works fine

// This one does not work
this.myObj.Status__c = 'Resolved';
update this.myObj;

// Method does not exist...
// this.myObj.setStatus__c('Resolved');

return theController.save();
}

}
I am driving crazy...I created a controller extension for a custom object and a page that overrides the Edit button...except one feature the page is working as expected:

I have a picklist field Status__c in the custom object that is not displayed on VF page, but should be updated when the user saves. Basically, when the record is created it has status 'New', once updated it should be 'Resolved'.

Now, it saves all fields that are on the page or any additional methods. But how can I override the set method for Status__c?

I have a save method, that does update a specific account...but I cannot get the Status__c field set to resolved.

Do you have any idea?

public class MyExtension {

private final MyCustomObject__c myObj;
private Account account;

private final ApexPages.standardController theController;

public MyExtension (ApexPages.StandardController theController) {
MyCustomObject__c myObj = (MyCustomObject__c) theController.getRecord();
this.theController = theController;

this.myObj = [Select Id, TestField__c, Status__c from MyCustomObject__c where Id = :myObj.Id];

}

public PageReference save () {

update this.account; // works fine

// This one does not work
this.myObj.Status__c = 'Resolved';
update this.myObj;

// Method does not exist...
// this.myObj.setStatus__c('Resolved');

return theController.save();
}

}
We are working in SalesForce Team Additon and are finding the Lookup Field lookup function to be frustrating. There are no filters available and with thousands of contacts, it is impractical.

My quest is to find s-control code that will allow us to establish a predefined filter based on the current account to provide a list of contacts from which the user can select.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Jim