• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Looks like the new salesforce application allows Visualforce and GPS on it.  Only problem for me is I do not know what this means or is!  

Does anyone know what can be done now on the iPhone that couldn't be done before, any interesting ideas to take advantage of these new features?

If so I will start working on using these features. 

Thanks!

Shane 

Hello - i'm lost! I'm trying to create a custom list button that will live on the account page under the Activity Related List. I'd like the user to click this button and essentially 'Log A Call' using a specific record type. I'd also like to populate the subject line of the task.

Is this even possible? Any help would be appreciated - even resources on where to look. Thanks!

• November 08, 2010

This is a very small issue. In fact, it is affecting one sales person in my organization. The user is one of our top sales users. 

Anyhow, her preferred browser is Firefox. We converted to the new UI this past Monday. Prior to this roll out, when the user would go to an account and use the 'Log A Call' function, the subject was highlighted. When she began typing, the subject was highlighted and replaced by her typing. 

With the new UI, the user hits the log a call button and rather than the subject being highlighted, it now places the cursor at the end of the word 'call'. She has to hit backspace 4 times. I asked specifically why it is so difficult and te reasoning I received was that 'I didn't have to do it before'. 

Does anyone know how to fix this minuscule issue? Sometimes, the littlest things have the greatest impact. 

Any help helps! 

Thank you, 

Larry Hall @ Cars.com

• August 03, 2010

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to create a duplicate user validation rule based on a custom object for training. I would like to write a rule that checks to see if a student record exists. The student record is used to assign classes to each student. I'm rolling this app out to other training departments and this would help to prevent double-duty. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

-Larry @ Cars.com

• October 07, 2009

I'm trying to expand upon a formula I built which calculates the month in which a customer can expect to see a credit on an invoice.

Our process is that if a credit is submitted on the 25th or before in any given month, it will be reflected on the next invoice. If it is submitted after the 25th, it will be reflected on the invoice of the following month.

I would like to expand my current formula so that it displays the name of the month the credit will appear. My current formula is the following and uses a custom field called 'Submitted Date":

IF( DAY( Submitted_Date__c ) <= 25, "Next Invoice", "Following Months Invoice")

Any ideas as to how I can expand this so that the correct month value is displayed? I've been playing with CASE and MONTH and if I solve this, I will definitely post how I've done so. Thanks!

-Larry

• August 21, 2009

Just wondering if it is possible to create a formula that will display information from a child record on to the account page. I've created a related list object to my account that holds what we call 3rd party info. Is it possible to use a simple formula to achieve this task?

Thus far, i'm not able to reference the child object using a simple or advanced formula, as I'm only able to access lookups.

Ideally and further down the road, i'd like to be able to only display the most recent item in the related list via the formula field that lives on the account page. This is, of course if I am able to achieve my first task. Thanks SFDC Users! :robothappy:

-Larry

• February 19, 2009
Maybe there is someone who has had this problem before:

A user contacted me as their Connect for Outlook program mysteriously 'vanished' overnight. I verified that the user still has the component installed via the programs list. Additionally, I checked add/remove programs and connect was there. When we start outlook we see nothing. I've checked her toolbars, views - everything I could possibly think of and there is no trace of it in outlook.

I decided to do a clean install, so we removed the program. Restarted her computer. Ran the installer, and went through a restart. The results were the same - absolutely nothing is there, yet the program is visible in both all programs and the add/remove programs utility.

If there is anyone with a solution to this issue, please let me know! Thank you SFDC Community!

-Larry
  • January 20, 2009
Hi - I hope someone will understand and be able to offer assistance. I've built an approval process around a contract renewal/rate increase object. This tool works by automatically creating a record. A sales person locates the renewal record. They indicate whether or not a customer should be renewed. I'd like the approval process to begin if a sales person selects the 'No' option, as these are subject to mngmt approval.

Currently, the submit for approval button appears in the Approval History related list at the bottom of the renewal record page layout.

Is there a way to integrate the functionality of the picklist with the 'Submit for Approval' button? I'd like this only to appear if a record is saved with 'No' selected.

The approval process I created thus far contains one step, as the direct manager of the account owner is the approver and makes all decisions. I need to indicate to the end user that it must be submitted for approval once saved or possibly combine the functions all together.

If there are any suggestions, i'd love to hear them and if need be, i'll leverage company schwag for answers! Thanks!

-Larry Hall

• January 08, 2009
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I am encountering:

I have created a custom tab that uses a custom s-control. The s-control contains links to documents, housed on our companys network server. I've tried using <a href='file:// etc..>name of link</a> to solve my problem, but the custom link doesn't load whatsoever. In my status bar, I do see that the links are correct - SFDC just doesn't forward the user to that page.

I've thought of creating a 'path' field and using a custom formula field to achieve this - i just didn't want to have to build another related list object. Any workarounds outside of using a href?

Thanks!

-Larry
   I am wondering if anyone can help with a conundum I am having. I've created a custom field within an object related list that won't show up for reporting purposes. Technically, the object was deployed before the field came to be. However, I can not report on it!

What I wanted to do was have this field subtract the current contract rate from a new contract rate in order to get the added value. It works in the related list but will not appear in reporting!

Curses salesforce! Curses!

-Larry Hall
cars.com
  • January 29, 2008
A cohort of mine is working on a custom formula in salesforce and is experiencing difficulty as the formula is beyond the scope able to be handled (he believes the limit to be somewhere around 5K). He has tried to break up the formula into separate components, but once again has run into difficulty with it being beyond the scope of things. His actual question to me is:

I think what I want to do is break it up into seperate formulas, but even referencing those formulas makes it too long - is there any way to reference the actual VALUE in a formula field and not the formula itself from another formula?

Has anyone out there in our salesforce universe experienced a similar situation and if so, can you help out with how you implemented the solution? Thanks!

-Larry @ cars.com
  • August 29, 2007
Hi,

I'm a new sysAdmin for salesforce.com and also the trainer on this and many other internal tools. Recently, my organization has been going through a major de-duplication of accounts. This is mainly our fault, due to the fast growth of this company, but none-the-less it has been no easy task. Currently, we use many in-house tools that integrate with salesforce.com on a nightly basis.

As part of our de-duplication process, I have been working to figure out a way to hide accounts from sales user roles when the account record type is changed to out of business or dead account. I'm a little lost and working with all the resources I have in this regard.

Ideally, we'd like our sales people to only see 3 types of Account Record Types in their personal lead lists. These types are Account - customer, Account - prospect, and Account - former customer. These are custom ART's that work best with our business.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how we could achieve this? I am open to exploring every option that is available. Thanks!
-Larry 

Hello - i'm lost! I'm trying to create a custom list button that will live on the account page under the Activity Related List. I'd like the user to click this button and essentially 'Log A Call' using a specific record type. I'd also like to populate the subject line of the task.

Is this even possible? Any help would be appreciated - even resources on where to look. Thanks!

• November 08, 2010

Hi,

I have Style sheet in Static resource.

I would like to add that in home page html component.

I know how to add this style sheet in visual force but I am confuse for home page html component.

Any ideas,suggestion...?

Just wondering if it is possible to create a formula that will display information from a child record on to the account page. I've created a related list object to my account that holds what we call 3rd party info. Is it possible to use a simple formula to achieve this task?

Thus far, i'm not able to reference the child object using a simple or advanced formula, as I'm only able to access lookups.

Ideally and further down the road, i'd like to be able to only display the most recent item in the related list via the formula field that lives on the account page. This is, of course if I am able to achieve my first task. Thanks SFDC Users! :robothappy:

-Larry

• February 19, 2009

Hello,

Looks like the new salesforce application allows Visualforce and GPS on it.  Only problem for me is I do not know what this means or is!  

Does anyone know what can be done now on the iPhone that couldn't be done before, any interesting ideas to take advantage of these new features?

If so I will start working on using these features. 

Thanks!

Shane 

I am hoping the community can help. 3 weeks ago I upload all of my companies legacy data into Salesforce using the sforce connector. Yesterday, in preparation for going live I uploaded the last of the legacy data. When I used the connector to query both the account table and the contact table it would only return the data I had just uploaded on 1/11/09. I cannot get the connector to return any of the data that I uploaded on 12/18/08. I have contacted Salesforce support thinking that it might be a date issue or a flag was added to these records but they seemingly have no explanation. Has anyone ever had this issue? If so, what was the fix?

Thank you.
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I am encountering:

I have created a custom tab that uses a custom s-control. The s-control contains links to documents, housed on our companys network server. I've tried using <a href='file:// etc..>name of link</a> to solve my problem, but the custom link doesn't load whatsoever. In my status bar, I do see that the links are correct - SFDC just doesn't forward the user to that page.

I've thought of creating a 'path' field and using a custom formula field to achieve this - i just didn't want to have to build another related list object. Any workarounds outside of using a href?

Thanks!

-Larry
I work for Florida International University. I need to create a page which we can keep track of our tuition wavier program. there are going to be certain fields that will pull data and some that will have to enter data and store it. Not really familiar with program. Need some assistance.
   I am wondering if anyone can help with a conundum I am having. I've created a custom field within an object related list that won't show up for reporting purposes. Technically, the object was deployed before the field came to be. However, I can not report on it!

What I wanted to do was have this field subtract the current contract rate from a new contract rate in order to get the added value. It works in the related list but will not appear in reporting!

Curses salesforce! Curses!

-Larry Hall
cars.com
  • January 29, 2008
Hi,

I'm a new sysAdmin for salesforce.com and also the trainer on this and many other internal tools. Recently, my organization has been going through a major de-duplication of accounts. This is mainly our fault, due to the fast growth of this company, but none-the-less it has been no easy task. Currently, we use many in-house tools that integrate with salesforce.com on a nightly basis.

As part of our de-duplication process, I have been working to figure out a way to hide accounts from sales user roles when the account record type is changed to out of business or dead account. I'm a little lost and working with all the resources I have in this regard.

Ideally, we'd like our sales people to only see 3 types of Account Record Types in their personal lead lists. These types are Account - customer, Account - prospect, and Account - former customer. These are custom ART's that work best with our business.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how we could achieve this? I am open to exploring every option that is available. Thanks!
-Larry