• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I thought this is a simple thing to just add the validation rule when "field1_c <> False" in the condition formula.

However, it's not working for me.  It seems that it ignores the data that is already entered in that required field.  The validation rules error keeps popping up.

I'd like to have the  "currency" type field required when the "checkbox" field is enabled (True).

How do you set this in the validation rule?

Thanks,

Lia

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a validation rules on a "picklist" field based when certain opportunity stage is selected.

I couldn't find anything similar to this issue.

For example:

I have a picklist field called "Primary Reason" that is required when an Opportunity Stage "Lost" or "Award" is selected (which is also a picklist field).  I couldn't figure out the syntax since both of these are picklist fields.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

manlia

• April 13, 2010

Hi,

Is there anyway to do a formula based on colors (not the traffic light image)?

I need to have more than 3 colors to show depending on the Rating Status, such as Gren, Yellow, Red, and Purple to show these colors when the rating is selected for each one.

Thanks,

Lia

• March 29, 2010

Hi,

How do you combine a CASE function with BEGINS for certain characters in a picklist field?

Below is the formula that is working now: 

CASE( Industry_Size_Tier__c , "1_Tier 5", -1 , "2_Tier 4", 0, "3_Tier 1/3_Tier 2/3_Tier 3",1,0)

basicaly it returns:

If "1_Tier 5" selected, it will return number -1.

If "2_Tier 4" is selected, it will return number 0.

If "3_Tier 1/3_Tier 2/3_Tier 3", it will return number 1.

I'd like to simplify and possibly reduce the compile characters if I could just use the "BEGINS" function using the common characters which BEGINS with "3_" strings instead of spelling out all the "3_Tier 1/3_Tier 2/3_Tier 3"strings for the last expression above.

Please HELP.

Thanks,

Lia

• March 08, 2010
Hi,
I have just installed the External Attachment apps from Slaesforce Labs.
I'm able to attach the external file with no problem.
However, I can't view them.  It doesn't do anything when I click on the "View" link.
It doesn't give me any error or prompt me to install anything.
The "View" link just doesn't work.

Does anybody have idea or have used this?

Thanks,
Lia
  • December 11, 2007
Hi,

We're currently using the Project/Issue Management piece from Salesforce Labs.  This piece doesn't have the services scheduling, Time/expenses entry.  So, I began evaluating the other 2 Salesforce Labs Apps that I think relate to this project management.  They are: "Services Project Manager" and "Professional Services Automation".  However, after I installed both of them into our existing testing Salesforce developer edition, they are not linked to each other.  Now, I have 3 different project tabs and, all projects are in separate instances.  I found that they have different object names.

Can all project records from those 3 sections be merged into 1 project tab? Or, can the existing project records entered in Project/Issue Management be linked into either the Services Project Manager" or "Professional Services Automation" when creating a Resource assignment or Time/Expense Entry?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lia
  • December 07, 2007
I have just deployed the Project/Issues Management from the Custom Objects in SFDC.
Where do I customize this section to add more custom fields, etc.?
I asked the Support, but they said to go to this community since this Section is not supported and not tested.

Thanks,
Lia

• August 10, 2007

Hi,

I thought this is a simple thing to just add the validation rule when "field1_c <> False" in the condition formula.

However, it's not working for me.  It seems that it ignores the data that is already entered in that required field.  The validation rules error keeps popping up.

I'd like to have the  "currency" type field required when the "checkbox" field is enabled (True).

How do you set this in the validation rule?

Thanks,

Lia

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a validation rules on a "picklist" field based when certain opportunity stage is selected.

I couldn't find anything similar to this issue.

For example:

I have a picklist field called "Primary Reason" that is required when an Opportunity Stage "Lost" or "Award" is selected (which is also a picklist field).  I couldn't figure out the syntax since both of these are picklist fields.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

manlia

• April 13, 2010

Hi,

Is there anyway to do a formula based on colors (not the traffic light image)?

I need to have more than 3 colors to show depending on the Rating Status, such as Gren, Yellow, Red, and Purple to show these colors when the rating is selected for each one.

Thanks,

Lia

• March 29, 2010

Hi,

How do you combine a CASE function with BEGINS for certain characters in a picklist field?

Below is the formula that is working now: 

CASE( Industry_Size_Tier__c , "1_Tier 5", -1 , "2_Tier 4", 0, "3_Tier 1/3_Tier 2/3_Tier 3",1,0)

basicaly it returns:

If "1_Tier 5" selected, it will return number -1.

If "2_Tier 4" is selected, it will return number 0.

If "3_Tier 1/3_Tier 2/3_Tier 3", it will return number 1.

I'd like to simplify and possibly reduce the compile characters if I could just use the "BEGINS" function using the common characters which BEGINS with "3_" strings instead of spelling out all the "3_Tier 1/3_Tier 2/3_Tier 3"strings for the last expression above.

Please HELP.

Thanks,

Lia

• March 08, 2010
Air Drilling Associates is an oilfield services company, providing specialized services to client's oil/gas/geothermal drilling sites around the world.  We are planning to use the Salesforce.com platform to develop custom applications to manage the following in our company:
  • Personnel database, including payroll
  • Daily field reporting system, for field supervisors to report their daily activities
  • Equipment maintenance tracking
  • Tracking of inventories at various locations worlwide
  • Reporting in accordance with our Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) policies
  • And various other functions

We are looking for a Developer who would be interested in working in Jakarta, Indonesia where our international office is located.  We can provide an attractive tax-free salary and benefits.  Please contact Diederik Zwager at Tel. +62-811-190248 or contact@airdrilling.com

Hi,

We're currently using the Project/Issue Management piece from Salesforce Labs.  This piece doesn't have the services scheduling, Time/expenses entry.  So, I began evaluating the other 2 Salesforce Labs Apps that I think relate to this project management.  They are: "Services Project Manager" and "Professional Services Automation".  However, after I installed both of them into our existing testing Salesforce developer edition, they are not linked to each other.  Now, I have 3 different project tabs and, all projects are in separate instances.  I found that they have different object names.

Can all project records from those 3 sections be merged into 1 project tab? Or, can the existing project records entered in Project/Issue Management be linked into either the Services Project Manager" or "Professional Services Automation" when creating a Resource assignment or Time/Expense Entry?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lia
  • December 07, 2007