• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, we are looking for developers with VisualForce and Apex experience to join the Developer Support team here at Salesforce. The position is a good starting point for someone who might be interested in transitioning to Research & Development, Product Management, and many other exciting areas within Salesforce. Please email me if you are interested: bdavis@salesforce.com. Below is the job description. Thanks!

Developer Support Engineer Location:  San Francisco, CA; San Mateo, CA; Toronto, Canada; Description: The Force.com platform is the most scalable, secure and popular on-demand platform in the world today. You can develop and instantaneously deploy applications without any infrastructure - 100% on-demand. We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual ready to drive our customers to creating excellent applications on the Force.com platform. If you seek to join our talented, highly innovative team to enhance the Developer, Customer, and Partner user experience, this is might be the perfect fit for you. Responsibilities:
  • Assist third-party developers to troubleshoot their integration with salesforce.com APIs and implementation of other salesforce.com developer products. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
  • Write sample code, client libraries, and contribute to Open Source projects.
  • The Developer Support Engineer will take the initiative to create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the developer community
 Required Skills/Experience: 
  • Expertise with Salesforce.com proprietary technologies: Visual force and Apex code
  • BA/BS degree in a technical field preferred with a strong academic record.
  • 3+ years engineering / programming work experience.
  • Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
  • Solid knowledge of XML, preferably experience using server-to-server web services (SOAP)
  • Solid programming abilities in one or more of the following languages: Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, .NET, JavaScript and Perl.
  • Some APIs also require strong AJAX web application development experience and knowledge of browser compatibility issues.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Solid understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
  • Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL
 Desired Skills/Experience: 
  • Previous experience with Salesforce.com CRM applications.
  • Experience as a committer in an Open Source project is a plus.

Hello,

Salesforce.com Support is currently running a pilot where certified Salesforce experts will answer your Apex or VisualForce questions in a secure, real-time, cloud-based environment. If you are interested in trying out this service at no charge, please contact Brad Davis (bdavis@salesforce.com), and please provide your phone number and the Apex or VisualForce question that you would like to be answered.

Please note that Salesforce.com has the right to revoke this pilot at any time, and participation is not guaranteed.

Thanks!

Brad Davis

Manager, Developer Support

Message Edited by BCdeveloper on 10-22-2009 12:16 AM

Hello,

Salesforce.com Support is currently running a pilot where certified Salesforce experts will answer your Apex or VisualForce questions in a secure, real-time, cloud-based environment.

If you are interested in trying out this service at no charge, please contact Brad Davis (bdavis@salesforce.com), and please provide the Apex or VisualForce question that you would like to be answered.

Please note that Salesforce.com has the right to revoke this pilot at any time, and participation is not guaranteed.

Thanks!

Brad Davis

Message Edited by BCdeveloper on 10-18-2009 12:07 PM

Salesforce is looking for folks located in the Bay Area or Toronto who have at least 1 year experience in developing with Apex and VisualForce. The role includes troubleshooting platform-related issues and questions (Apex/VisualForce/API/WebServices) that our customers might have.

I am the hiring manager, so please contact me for more information, or provide me with your resume.

Thanks!

-Brad

bdavis@salesforce.com

Hi can someone please assist. See the VisualForce code below. This results in tabs for detail and Opportunities on the contact object. Works great. But now, i am simply trying to add-on a new tab which points to a custom object called "LODA_Restaurants__c". I have tried absolutely every "list" value, LODA_Restaurants__r, LODA_Restaurants, nothing works. It keeps saying "'LODA-Restaurants__r' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Contact". This custom object is most definitely a related list item on Contacts, I see values showing  up when I view the contact. Can someone please help? Thanks!!! -Brad

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="true" tabStyle="contact" >
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel">
     <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails">
         <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>
      </apex:tab>
           <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp2">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!contact}" list="opportunities" />
    <
       <apex:tab label="Opportunitiesx" name="Opportunitiesrxe" id="tabOpp3r2">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!contact}" list="LODA-Restaurants__r" />

</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

Hello,

Salesforce.com Support is currently running a pilot where certified Salesforce experts will answer your Apex or VisualForce questions in a secure, real-time, cloud-based environment.

If you are interested in trying out this service at no charge, please contact Brad Davis (bdavis@salesforce.com), and please provide the Apex or VisualForce question that you would like to be answered.

Thanks!

Brad Davis

Message Edited by BCdeveloper on 10-18-2009 12:07 PM
    Hi can someone please assist. See the VisualForce code below. This results in tabs for detail and Opportunities on the contact object. Works great. But now, i am simply trying to add-on a new tab which points to a custom object called "LODA_Restaurants__c". I have tried absolutely every "list" value, LODA_Restaurants__r, LODA_Restaurants, nothing works. It keeps saying "'LODA-Restaurants__r' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Contact". This custom object is most definitely a related list item on Contacts, I see values showing  up when I view the contact. Can someone please help? Thanks!!! -Brad

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="true" tabStyle="contact" >
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel">
     <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails">
         <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>
           <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp2">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!contact}" list="opportunities" />
    <
       <apex:tab label="Opportunitiesx" name="Opportunitiesrxe" id="tabOpp3r2">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!contact}" list="LODA-Restaurants__r" />

</apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>
I installed Eclipse and the SalesForce plug-in earlier this year and now use it as my primary environment for creating S-Controls.  Now that the APEX Code is live in our production environment, I would like to use this platform for creating custom APEX code.  I have the most recent version of this tool available (8.0.2002), and the page which demonstrates the Apex Toolkit indicates that this should be possible.

However, I find that I cannot create any custom APEX code modules.  After selecting 'Apex Trigger' or 'Apex Package' in the 'New' dialog, I recieve this message: 'Sorry, Apex Triggers are not enabled for you.'

I looked at my configuration for the APEX projects I have enabled, and they are set to a SOAP endpoint of 'https://<instance>.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0'.  I have tried changing this to a SOAP endpoint of 'https://<instance>.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/10.0', but then encounter the following error message:

"Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn: partner.soap.sforce
.com: passwordExpired' but found 'urn: partner.soap.sforce.com:metadataServerUrl'"

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  If so, have you found a workaround I can use to enable this functionality?