• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I customized standard objects on Dev Edition.

For example:

- custom item

- label name

- picklists' options

Can I move these objects to new environment?

Best regards,

astraea

I've been using the Google Maps API in our Group Edition for some time now, but suddenly it's giving me the error message in the title.

Did the policies for API access just change?  Does anyone know anything about this? 

We are attempting to use a trigger to create a FeedPost of type LinkPost that will update the User's status and provide a link to a salesforce record.  This trigger will be packaged and distributed to orgs across many salesforce.com instances (nax, emea, apac, sandbox, etc), so we need to make the server url in the link dynamic based on the org's location.

Since we are only using a trigger in this package, there are no VF pages to capture the url and store it.  We could go that route, but are trying to avoid it.

Our best solution so far has been to build our url based on a formula field on the object from which the trigger is fired:

SUBSTITUTE(LEFT($Api.Enterprise_Server_URL_180, FIND("salesforce.com", $Api.Enterprise_Server_URL_180)-1), "-api", "")

This works well for NA instances, but for emea, the Enterprise Server URL is "eu", so the links created with this formula are invalid for emea users.

I'm looking for some best practices from the community as to how you all would address this problem.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I'm interested to hear how people are doing their Chatter development. 

Since the Chatter API is not supported in the Force.com toolkit for Eclipse, is everyone using the native IDE to develop?

I'd be interested to hear any feedback anyone has about best practices. 

We are integrating with SFDC via the WSDL, and I'm curious to know the correct way to set the flag "Insert null values", similar to how the data loader and other tools allow you to overwrite an existing field value with null if it already contains a non-null value.

It appears that this must be set at the field level in the WSDL with a boolean flag, but other tools appear to set this at the operation or job level.

Any insight anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Nick 

I am working to install Email2Case for a client who by rule will not store any passwords on a computer in plan-text.  If you've worked with the toolkit, you know that the config is done in 2 text files.  Has anyone added onto the package with password encryption to make it more secure?  Just wondering before I start going down this road.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a pretty insane project right now that has a very cool requirement. Basically, we're building a very content rich customer portal. For every user of the portal, we need to track exactly what Salesforce content they downloaded, links clicked on etc.

I don't believe Salesforce content API exposes downloads outside of internal Salesforce users so I was considering building a click tracking module for my customer portal. If I'm going to do this, now I need a place to store all the data that we're capturing from customer portal sessions. A few options I'm considering:

A. Salesforce.com record for every click/download/etc - While this will be the easiest to write the reports the client wants, I'm hosed on data storage as the site has potentially thousands of users clicking everywhere.

B. Create one salesforce.com record per authenticated session and store all of the clicks in a comma separated text area long field.

C. Setup a MYSQL database over on AWS and capture this data here. I'll have to then write my consumption reports by looking at AWS and SFDC but the store capacity is far greater than what we have at Salesforce.

If anyone has ever built something like this before or has any suggestions on how to proceed, please do let me know.

Thanks!

• April 18, 2010

We're creating a Chatter feed using our App by putting a trigger on an object but in some cases the feed is formatted as "<user A> to <user B>: <Message>" instead of just "user B>: <Message>.

User B is the owner of the object and we're posting the message into their Chatter feed.

User A is the authenticated user (through the API) that caused the trigger to execute.

Is there any way to avoid this?

• April 07, 2010

I'm interested to hear how people are doing their Chatter development. 

Since the Chatter API is not supported in the Force.com toolkit for Eclipse, is everyone using the native IDE to develop?

I'd be interested to hear any feedback anyone has about best practices. 

When did the v17 API come out?

More generally, is there a 'release log' page somewhere that lists when various changes to Salesforce have been made, and what they were?

We had develop a page in visulaforce, this do a filter Accounts crossing with other objects. This page is for one client, they have arround 600.000 records in the Account Table, we have controled the limits governors but the result of a normal filter will can return more than 8000 records. We try to show the result with a component that paginates all the records but when the result have more than 1200 records aprox visualforce gives us this error:

Maximum view state size limit (128K) exceeded. Actual viewstate size for this page was  131,375K.

How can we control this limit to show a custom message or how we can do to show all the records?

thanks for all.
  • September 16, 2009

It's convention that we set up http://domain.com as well as http://www.domain.com/

However if there is an MX record on the domain, you cannot add a CNAME alias to "domain.com" which means http://domain.com will not work.

It looks to me that Salesforce needs to provide full IP addresses for each Salesforce Sites web site, instead of this kludgy solution with CNAME records.

I am trying to create a roll up summary field, but its shaded out... claiming I can not add the field type...

"You cannot create this type of field on this object because it is not the master in a master-detail relationship."

How can I make it so?

I have a custom object (Transaction) with a lookup to another custom object (Kit).  The Kit object has a 10 records in a related list.  When I do a lookup of the Kit on the Transaction Record, I am trying to figure out if i could have a button that would go "get" the list of 10 items on the related list and copy them into a related list on the Transaction.  Hopefully that description provides adequate information for some insight from everyone.  I appreciate any ideas the group may have.  Thank you.

What I'm trying to accomplish is have certain fields from our opportunities and/or accounts use an API through a visualforce page to automatically populate fields within an external web store.

From the user behavior, they navigate to an opportunity, click a custom button, and the external web store launches, with a variety of fields pre-populated with values from Salesforce.

I'm also curious if we can do the reverse as well - essentially take some of the data once the order is complete, and perform an upsert or update on the linked record with certain fields from the external web store.

I'm completely new to this, so any tips or documentation would be great!

Hi,

we are working on an application this application is working fine before summer in packaged installed application ,but right now am it is behaving differently.

The issue is with apex:commandlink action property.using command link action property am constructing an URL in this URLa m calling an VF page ,it is working fine in unmanaged code ,if i packaged the same code it not working (i.r for testing purpose we are using summer sandboxes and free developers account .it is not working I opened a free developer account after summer release that same package is working find if i installed the package application in old account.

Anybody know about this behavior .I added proper names space also but in this scenario am suspecting the action function ,when am invvoking the action function it is failing in new account.

It is very urgent anybody faced this type so issues help me. or some salesforce.com person can look in the issue.

• June 22, 2009

I need help on creating a pageblock in standard object pagelaout . problem is that this pagelayout is already heavily customized . i dont wnat to write the whole thing in Visualforce . i just want to hide one existing field for a particular profile and add 3 fields

Thanks

I've got a VF datatable displaying about 35-40 rows, iterating over a list of a wrapper class, which contains a custom object.  The resulting table has about 450-550 inputtext fields and 450-550 hidden input fields.  I know it sounds like a user interface nightmare, but for this application, it actually works pretty well.

The problem is that, once we do get up to the 35 or 40 rows, the performance is terrible.  Adding another row takes 5-10 seconds.  Same with deleting a row.  I've got some AJAX-y stuff happening onchange on each inputtext field, as well, and that's brutally slow, too.

I think I've got the controller pretty tight, as, if I comment out all the inputtext and hidden fields, and just let the vf and controller iterate over the table, performance is pretty good.

Are there any techniques I can employ, on the VF or Apex side, that'll increase the performance?  I've tried messing with actionRegion, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Worse case is I have to rewrite to present much less editable content at once, but that really will get in the way of the end-users' workflow.

Thanks for any input. 

Hi,

How can i create one-to-one relationship between two custom objects in salesforce.com. 

Example: I have two custom objects having following details:

1) Employee (Name, PanCardNo)

2)PanCard(PanCardNo Name_on_card)

I have gone through documents of salesforce, but i can able to find out only lookup (One-to-many raltionship) and master-detail relationship(many-to-many relationship).

Is there any way to create one-to-one relationship??

Regards

kamlesh kumar

If I wanted to sell an application on the AppExchange, how would I go about this? And what happens?

Or would I need to implement a way in my application to do this? I've not seen any features or links to this and would like to know what happens.

If there is a link to a page with all the information about how this works, that would be fantastic.

Thanks