• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have an AppExchange Package ready for publishing but the beta package that is downloaded is missing all Lead fields assigned to the 10 Lead Outbound Message objects.

We have defined 10 Outbound Message objects for Contacts and another 10 Outbound Message objects for Leads.

On my developer account, each Outbound Message is correctly defined and executes properly.   The 10 Contact Outbound Messages are assigned to Contact.Id, Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName, Contact.Email, and the 10 Lead Outbound Messages are assigned to Lead.Id, Lead.FirstName, Lead.LastName, Lead.Email. 

Assigning any of the Contact or Lead Outbound Message to a Workflow Rule on my developer account properly invokes the Workflow Rule, and associated Outbound Message, which send a request to my web service Api intact with the proper Contact or Lead  fields (Id, FirstName, LastName, Email)

However, after uploading the beta package and another user account downloads and installs the beta package, the fields assignments DO NOT EXIST (Id, FirstName, LastName, Email) for each of the 10 Lead Outbound Message objects, and the fields assingments for the 10 Contact Outbound Message objects do exist and operate fine.

Does anyone know why Lead Outbound Messages loss their fields assignments?  Is this a problem in my uploaded package or is the a problem with installing the package?

Message Edited by mangia on 02-04-2008 09:43 AM
  • February 01, 2008
There are three images which may be assigned to a publishing package: Where is the larger 728 x 90 image used? 24 x 24 -- Used is 'My Favorites' listing in AppExchange 60 x 60 -- Used on the selected application in AppExchange 728 x 90 -- ??? Chris
  • January 10, 2008
There are three images which may be assign to a publishing package:

24 x 24  -- Used is 'My Favorites' listing in AppExchange (check)
60 x 60  -- Used on selected application in AppExchange (check)
728 x 90 -- ???

Where is the larger 728 x 90 image used?

Chris
  • January 10, 2008
I am building an AppExchange app.  I have an S-Control assigned to a link on the Contact page.  When the link is clicked, user should be redirected my custom tab -- currently this works fine:  (see below).

top.window.location='https://na4.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01r60000000197t&ic=1&myID=21';

Problem; current URL is hardcoded to my custom tab (i.e. https://na4.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01r60000000197t&ic=1).  How to I reference and build the URL in javascript so the link will reference properly for anyone who downloads & uses my app?

I have tried using variations of {!UrlFor($Action.my Custom Tab.New,null,null)} ... but I must be missing something as it do not syntax check correctly.

Chris

• November 16, 2007
S-Control:
var result  = sforce.apex.execute('myApiWs', 'Xlogin', {customer:'SF', login:'Bob', pw:'Smith'});

Code:
global class myApiWs
{
    WebService static String Xlogin(String customer, String login, String pw)
    {
        return 'Customer=' + customer + '  Login=' + login;
    }
}

I have an S-Control that yields the error "No service available for class 'myApiWS", " when an attempt is made to call this Web Service.  Any idea why?

Chris
  • November 06, 2007
I would like to be able to create a trigger programmatically. Is this possible and if so, using APEX code, APEX Web Service code, or AppExchange Web Service API? Example code would be helpful too. Thanks very much.
  • October 02, 2007
We are integrating our .NET Web Application into SaleForce.   We login and use the Sales Force web service API.  When user's session times out in SalesForce while on our custom tab, how should we handle - What's best practice?

Example:
1) User logins into Sales Force
2) User clicks on custom tab, which calls our web app passing sessionId and serverUrl in query string
3) Our web app gets SF sessionId and serverUrl and calls:
           SalesForceApi.GetUserInfoResult userInfoResult = salesforceApi.getUserInfo();
           ... and uses our web app from within Sales Force custom tab
4) Hours later, Sales Force session timeouts, and Sales Force login page is displayed
5) User logins back into Sales Force
6) How should our web application behave as our 'SalesForceApi' session state object has an expired sessionId?  One option is to direct user to re-click on our custom tab (to pass our web app the new sessionId and serverUrl in query string) but there must be an better way to handle.

• September 26, 2007
Why does a simple SQL SELECT of 3 fields return a complete table recordset?  Appears to return SELECT * FROM table regardless of the selected columns.

For example, this code queries  Contact table and displays results into a ASP.NET data grid.

List<Contact> contacts = new List<Contact>();
//get a list of contacts so the user can select one
QueryResult qr = SforceApi90.query("SELECT Id, Email, Name FROM Contact ORDER BY Email");
if (qr != null)
{
  for (int i = 0; i < qr.records.Length; i++)
  {
       Contact contact = (Contact)qr.records[i];
       if (contact.Email != null && contact.Email != String.Empty)
             contacts.Add(contact);
  }
  // dgContacts.Columns.
  dgContacts.DataSource = contacts;
  dgContacts.DataBind();
}

Chris

• September 08, 2007
Hi,  I think I missing somthing basic(hopefully) and could use some help or suggestions.

I have a Custom Tab that links to my web site, I am passing a query string with the APEX API's Url, UserId, UserName, and SessionId.  (e.g. http://test.mysite.net/home.aspx?url={!API.Enterprise_Server_URL_90}&id={!User.Id}&username{!User.Username}&sessionid={!API.Session_ID}&Susername={!User.xxxUserName__c}&Spassword={!User.xxxPassword__c}   I want to call back into the APEX API from the web site to fetch and update SF data.

Issue: The {!User.Username} is null, why?  I don't really need it, I don't think (read on)

Problem:  I'd like to 'use' the logged in user's SF creditials.  I thought the {!API.Session_ID} was my ticket, but when I call SforceApi90.query("SELECT ...") I receive the error: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session 

Do I have to log back into SF to use APEX API from my web site?   If so, how do I log in with my customer's login credentials, not my user credentials?  If my customer is has already logged into SF, isn't there way to 'use' those SF login credentials to call the APEX API?  Or, is there a way to create a SessionHeader with the SessionID?

Chris
  • September 07, 2007
I am trying to call my .NET web service from Apex code and would like 
some help and advise (I a newbie ;)
I added my web service URL in
the
Remote Site Settings area and generated an Apex Code object from my WSDL.
I created an S-Control to call my Apex Code and it fails. When I copied the Apex
code into Apex Log Debug window and Execute, I receive the follow error. Any clues?
I suspect my WSDL or generated an Apex Code object from my WSDL is at fault.
Any links or example references (beyond Hello World) would be great too!

Chris

13:39:21 DEBUG - Executing: SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap api = new SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap();
SymphonieApiWs.LoginResult loginInfo = api.Login('customer', 'login', 'pw');
13:39:21 DEBUG - Executing: SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap api = new SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap();
13:39:23 INFO  - 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13: 
Created Web Service callout to endpoint: https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13:
Sending callout request System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unauthorized or inactive endpoint, please
check Setup-&gt;Security-&gt;Remote site settings.
endpoint = https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13 AnonymousBlock: line 2, column 40
13:39:23 INFO - 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13:
Created Web Service callout to endpoint:
https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.
Login: line 296, column 13: Sending callout request System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed:
Unauthorized or inactive endpoint, please check Setup-&gt;Security-&gt;Remote site settings.
endpoint = https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login:
line 296, column 13 AnonymousBlock: line 2, column 40
13:39:23 ERROR - Evaluation error: System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: 
Unauthorized or inactive endpoint, please check Setup->Security->Remote site settings.
endpoint = https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx
13:39:23 ERROR - Evaluation error: System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unauthorized
or inactive endpoint, please check Setup->Security->Remote site settings.
13:39:23 ERROR - Evaluation error: Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13
   AnonymousBlock: line 2, column 40
  • August 30, 2007
There are three images which may be assign to a publishing package:

24 x 24  -- Used is 'My Favorites' listing in AppExchange (check)
60 x 60  -- Used on selected application in AppExchange (check)
728 x 90 -- ???

Where is the larger 728 x 90 image used?

Chris
  • January 10, 2008
Hi all,
         I am trying to get the id of a custom tab created by a package installation. I haev created a package that can be installed in any salesforce insatnce. It will install a button on opportunity and the buttom have a s-control that will redirct the page to a custom object tab. I need to make the url for the custom tab in s-control executed on opportunities button. The url might be like "https://na5.salesforce.com/a01/o" the number "a01" is the id of that custom tab or that custom object. But this id will be different on every salesforce instance in which my package will be installed. Is there any way to get this Id (" a01 ") in s-control that waht id is generated for the custom object tab on installation by salesforce.
Need urgent help.

Thanks in advance.
AP
  • November 16, 2007
S-Control:
var result  = sforce.apex.execute('myApiWs', 'Xlogin', {customer:'SF', login:'Bob', pw:'Smith'});

Code:
global class myApiWs
{
    WebService static String Xlogin(String customer, String login, String pw)
    {
        return 'Customer=' + customer + '  Login=' + login;
    }
}

I have an S-Control that yields the error "No service available for class 'myApiWS", " when an attempt is made to call this Web Service.  Any idea why?

Chris
  • November 06, 2007
Hi,

I am calling a web service using callouts (from an S-Control), but receive the following error:

"{faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring:'System.Exception: Got an unexpected error in callout:null. Contact support with error ID is: 924993620-88"

Has anybody else encountered this error and do you have any suggestions on resolving it?

Thanks

• November 02, 2007
I would like to be able to create a trigger programmatically. Is this possible and if so, using APEX code, APEX Web Service code, or AppExchange Web Service API? Example code would be helpful too. Thanks very much.
  • October 02, 2007
We are integrating our .NET Web Application into SaleForce.   We login and use the Sales Force web service API.  When user's session times out in SalesForce while on our custom tab, how should we handle - What's best practice?

Example:
1) User logins into Sales Force
2) User clicks on custom tab, which calls our web app passing sessionId and serverUrl in query string
3) Our web app gets SF sessionId and serverUrl and calls:
           SalesForceApi.GetUserInfoResult userInfoResult = salesforceApi.getUserInfo();
           ... and uses our web app from within Sales Force custom tab
4) Hours later, Sales Force session timeouts, and Sales Force login page is displayed
5) User logins back into Sales Force
6) How should our web application behave as our 'SalesForceApi' session state object has an expired sessionId?  One option is to direct user to re-click on our custom tab (to pass our web app the new sessionId and serverUrl in query string) but there must be an better way to handle.

• September 26, 2007
Why does a simple SQL SELECT of 3 fields return a complete table recordset?  Appears to return SELECT * FROM table regardless of the selected columns.

For example, this code queries  Contact table and displays results into a ASP.NET data grid.

List<Contact> contacts = new List<Contact>();
//get a list of contacts so the user can select one
QueryResult qr = SforceApi90.query("SELECT Id, Email, Name FROM Contact ORDER BY Email");
if (qr != null)
{
  for (int i = 0; i < qr.records.Length; i++)
  {
       Contact contact = (Contact)qr.records[i];
       if (contact.Email != null && contact.Email != String.Empty)
             contacts.Add(contact);
  }
  // dgContacts.Columns.
  dgContacts.DataSource = contacts;
  dgContacts.DataBind();
}

Chris

• September 08, 2007
Hi,  I think I missing somthing basic(hopefully) and could use some help or suggestions.

I have a Custom Tab that links to my web site, I am passing a query string with the APEX API's Url, UserId, UserName, and SessionId.  (e.g. http://test.mysite.net/home.aspx?url={!API.Enterprise_Server_URL_90}&id={!User.Id}&username{!User.Username}&sessionid={!API.Session_ID}&Susername={!User.xxxUserName__c}&Spassword={!User.xxxPassword__c}   I want to call back into the APEX API from the web site to fetch and update SF data.

Issue: The {!User.Username} is null, why?  I don't really need it, I don't think (read on)

Problem:  I'd like to 'use' the logged in user's SF creditials.  I thought the {!API.Session_ID} was my ticket, but when I call SforceApi90.query("SELECT ...") I receive the error: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session 

Do I have to log back into SF to use APEX API from my web site?   If so, how do I log in with my customer's login credentials, not my user credentials?  If my customer is has already logged into SF, isn't there way to 'use' those SF login credentials to call the APEX API?  Or, is there a way to create a SessionHeader with the SessionID?

Chris
  • September 07, 2007
I am trying to call my .NET web service from Apex code and would like 
some help and advise (I a newbie ;)
I added my web service URL in
the
Remote Site Settings area and generated an Apex Code object from my WSDL.
I created an S-Control to call my Apex Code and it fails. When I copied the Apex
code into Apex Log Debug window and Execute, I receive the follow error. Any clues?
I suspect my WSDL or generated an Apex Code object from my WSDL is at fault.
Any links or example references (beyond Hello World) would be great too!

Chris

13:39:23 INFO  - 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13: 
Created Web Service callout to endpoint: https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13:
Sending callout request System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unauthorized or inactive endpoint, please
check Setup-&gt;Security-&gt;Remote site settings.
endpoint = https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13 AnonymousBlock: line 2, column 40
13:39:23 INFO - 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13:
Created Web Service callout to endpoint:
https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx 20070830203922.736:Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.
Login: line 296, column 13: Sending callout request System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed:
Unauthorized or inactive endpoint, please check Setup-&gt;Security-&gt;Remote site settings.
endpoint = https://symphonie.goolara.net/Api/SymphonieApiWs.asmx Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login:
line 296, column 13 AnonymousBlock: line 2, column 40
13:39:23 ERROR - Evaluation error: System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: 
Unauthorized or inactive endpoint, please check Setup->Security->Remote site settings.
13:39:23 ERROR - Evaluation error: System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unauthorized
or inactive endpoint, please check Setup->Security->Remote site settings.
13:39:23 ERROR - Evaluation error: Class.SymphonieApiWs.SymphonieWsSoap.Login: line 296, column 13
   AnonymousBlock: line 2, column 40
  • August 30, 2007
After running the msi for C# console app sample (basicSample_cs http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/images/2/2e/BasicSample_cs.zip ) and compiling the solution, I got errors for a missing app.config which I stopped by copying the config for the compiled version and renaming it and also got the two errors below. How can I correct them? Or, is there a different/better way to

Errors:
1. Error 1 Source file 'C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Developer Network\samples\Apex Developer Network\CSharp .Net\basicSample_cs_Ent 10.0\Web References\apexMetadata\Reference.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') basicSample_cs
2. Error 2 Source file 'C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Developer Network\samples\Apex Developer Network\CSharp .Net\basicSample_cs_Ent 10.0\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') basicSample_cs
Thank you.
  • August 27, 2007