• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Our Campaign object has a custom field Campaign_Master__c (containing a Campaign ID, the "parent" campaign basically), and this field is not available in the query!  Does anyone know why, or have experience with other fields missing?

Our Lead object is full of custom fields and at a glance, most of them are there but I notice one in particular that is missing.  Like Campaign Master it contains a Campaign ID, and in Salesforce this shows up as a link. 

I have found a few others and so far they are all custom lookup fields.  Is this as far as I get with the Excel Connector?  Is it because it can't do the lookup?  I notice it tries to lookup Owner ID's which gets it in trouble because it lists actual NAMES under Owner ID, then leaves others as ID's. 

Missing fields anyone?  Workarounds?
Thanks
Josh

Can one create a simple weighted total in a custom summary field? 

I can insert "Annual Sales" as a part of a custom summary field -- it automatically attaches a summary funciton.
ANNUAL_REVENUE:SUM

Am I to assume that nothing can be done record-by-record?  How about a really simple weighted sum, counting companies making over $1M?

IF(ANNUAL_REVENUE>1000000,1,0)
Error: Field LEAD.ANNUAL_REVENUE does not exist. Check spelling.

Whether I use one of the few fields available or try to use another field from the record (if I can figure out its secret name) it "does not exist".  The only thing that seems to work is arithmetic upon pre-summarized (min/max/sum/avg) fields. 

In other words one can do a calculation on a few summarized fields, but one cannot do a summary on a few calculations. 

I just want to weight my leads!  I want to count them 0.5 if they have an Inbound Lead_Source and 1.5 for anything else.  What less could you want in custom summary formulas?

Our Campaign object has a custom field Campaign_Master__c (containing a Campaign ID, the "parent" campaign basically), and this field is not available in the query!  Does anyone know why, or have experience with other fields missing?

Our Lead object is full of custom fields and at a glance, most of them are there but I notice one in particular that is missing.  Like Campaign Master it contains a Campaign ID, and in Salesforce this shows up as a link. 

I have found a few others and so far they are all custom lookup fields.  Is this as far as I get with the Excel Connector?  Is it because it can't do the lookup?  I notice it tries to lookup Owner ID's which gets it in trouble because it lists actual NAMES under Owner ID, then leaves others as ID's. 

Missing fields anyone?  Workarounds?
Thanks
Josh

I downloaded and executed the msi file but can't find the sforce_connect.xla file

MSI install does not give any options and it is not in the expected Microsoft\Addins folder

Is it possible to get a copy of the
sforce_connect.xla file somewhere else so I can place it in a folder?
  • January 05, 2008