• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a multi-select picklist on my accounts page.  Several possible options can be chosen.  I have created a read-only formula field on the contact page to display the chosen values from the picklist.   I want to be able to create views for my contacts page that include this account info in order to easily add contacts to differing campaigns.  Unfortunately I cant seem to find a function that will allow me to identify which values have been chosen in the picklist.  Every function I have tried has told me that this particular field type is not supported.  Does anyone know of a work around for this?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
  • August 15, 2008
Ok, so the company I work for sells different brands to different companies.  We have a custom field on the account page for "Brand".  We run campaign for these different brands.  I'm trying to find a quick way of adding contacts to a campaign according to what brand they are.  Unfortunately, when I create a custom contact view, I am only allowed to filter by fields from the contact page, not from the account page.  Does anyone know a work around for this?  Thanks in advance.

Chris
  • August 14, 2008
I'm not sure if this is possilbe, but is there a way to build a lookup relationship that pulls info over for more than one field?  I want to have a lookup on a field called Parent ID.  When you look up the account and select it, it pulls the ID from that account into the field on the new account.  This is an ID from my Enterprise software, not SFDC.  Also I want it to pull the Parent Name from the other acct to the Parent Name field on the original.  Make sense?  Is there a way to do this?  I also want to make the Parent Name field a lookup and do the same thing in reverse.  But, if I cant do it one way theres no point in pursuing both.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Chris
  • October 22, 2007
I'm trying to set up a pair of radio buttons in my accounts layout.  How do I do it?  I want a customer and prospect.  Default to prospect but when customer is selected prospect is unselected and vice versa.  The field set up doesn't have radio buttons.  It does have checkboxes.  Is there a validation rule I can use to do this?  Of course validation rules don't run 'till you submit, correct?  I'd rather have it happen automatically as someone edits the record.

Also anyone know any good resources for starting validation rules training? Or starting apex code training?  Are there any good books or web sites?  I'm a PHP programmer, but I'm having some trouble with SFDC.

Thanks,

Chris
  • October 22, 2007
I had an earlier post where I was trying to validate that a valid option had been chosen in a picklist.  I have that working now.  However, my picklist is being controlled by a checkbox.  I only want the validation on the picklist to fire when the checkbox is checked.  This is obvious since you can't select the picklist when the box is unchecked.  I've tried ISNULL(vendor__c) but it says it's an invalid argument.  I've tried vendor__c = TRUE.  That doesn't work either.  vendor__c = checked? nope. 

AND(ISNULL( Vendor__c )  = FALSE, ISPICKVAL( Vendor_Type__c , ""))
IF(ISNULL( Vendor__c )  = FALSE, ISPICKVAL( Vendor_Type__c , ""))

neither of these work either.  Any suggestions?

unfortunately I'm a PHP programmer who had SFDC admin thrown in my lap=P
  • September 07, 2007
Okay, so I'm setting up field dependencies between a checkbox and a picklist.  The check box is the controller and when it is selected the picklist becomes selectable.  I'm trying to validate that when this happens I want to require that an option is picked in the pick list.  The default in edit mode shows --None--.
How do I verify that something other than this default is chosen?
I've tried ISPICKVAL(), but the second paramater is eluding me.  I've tried FALSE, NULL, 0 and "--None--", but none of them catch it.  I've also tried CASE()
  • September 06, 2007
Ok, so the company I work for sells different brands to different companies.  We have a custom field on the account page for "Brand".  We run campaign for these different brands.  I'm trying to find a quick way of adding contacts to a campaign according to what brand they are.  Unfortunately, when I create a custom contact view, I am only allowed to filter by fields from the contact page, not from the account page.  Does anyone know a work around for this?  Thanks in advance.

Chris
  • August 14, 2008
I'm trying to set up a pair of radio buttons in my accounts layout.  How do I do it?  I want a customer and prospect.  Default to prospect but when customer is selected prospect is unselected and vice versa.  The field set up doesn't have radio buttons.  It does have checkboxes.  Is there a validation rule I can use to do this?  Of course validation rules don't run 'till you submit, correct?  I'd rather have it happen automatically as someone edits the record.

Also anyone know any good resources for starting validation rules training? Or starting apex code training?  Are there any good books or web sites?  I'm a PHP programmer, but I'm having some trouble with SFDC.

Thanks,

Chris
  • October 22, 2007
I had an earlier post where I was trying to validate that a valid option had been chosen in a picklist.  I have that working now.  However, my picklist is being controlled by a checkbox.  I only want the validation on the picklist to fire when the checkbox is checked.  This is obvious since you can't select the picklist when the box is unchecked.  I've tried ISNULL(vendor__c) but it says it's an invalid argument.  I've tried vendor__c = TRUE.  That doesn't work either.  vendor__c = checked? nope. 

AND(ISNULL( Vendor__c )  = FALSE, ISPICKVAL( Vendor_Type__c , ""))
IF(ISNULL( Vendor__c )  = FALSE, ISPICKVAL( Vendor_Type__c , ""))

neither of these work either.  Any suggestions?

unfortunately I'm a PHP programmer who had SFDC admin thrown in my lap=P
  • September 07, 2007
Okay, so I'm setting up field dependencies between a checkbox and a picklist.  The check box is the controller and when it is selected the picklist becomes selectable.  I'm trying to validate that when this happens I want to require that an option is picked in the pick list.  The default in edit mode shows --None--.
How do I verify that something other than this default is chosen?
I've tried ISPICKVAL(), but the second paramater is eluding me.  I've tried FALSE, NULL, 0 and "--None--", but none of them catch it.  I've also tried CASE()
  • September 06, 2007