• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have setup email to case but when the case is created it does not populate the email address or contact name for a contact that IS currently in the system. Have I misconfigured something?

Thanks in advance
Kim
I have created a custom button on the case object that creates child case of a different record type. The content source is URL. When the button is pushed it pushes various field values into the new case. Everything works perfectly except for one field. My question is, is it possible to push the value of a formula field over using this method.

Thanks in advance
Kim
Hello All

I have created a custom object related to an Asset. When I click the standard new button it carries that Asset Name over with no problem. I, however, wanted to carry over some other information into the custom object so I created a custom button. The problem is that when I click the custom button, the asset name carries over but there is an error that there are multiple items found. Why is it that that does not happen with the standard button? Is there some piece of code I need?

Thanks in advance.
Kim
Good Afternoon All

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow rule based on the last activity on a case? I want to be able to send an email to the case owner if the case has been open for x days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hello All

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow rule that is based on the last activity of a case? I want to have an email go out to the case owner if the case has remained open for x days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Good Afternoon All I have downloaded this s-control into my sandbox and love the idea of it but need to tweak a bit. There is a table that allows you to find nearby accounts based on the Account type, however, they are not the account types that my company uses. Can anyone tell me how I can change them to the values that we use? Thanks in advance
Good Afternoon All

I have downloaded this s-control into my sandbox and love the idea of it but need to tweak a bit. There is a table that allows you to find nearby accounts based on the Account type, however, they are not the account types that my company uses. Can anyone tell me how I can change them to the values that we use?

Thanks in advance
Hello All

Is anyone aware of a way to create/trigger a workflow rule from a formula field. I have created a field called Case Age on the case object that calculates the age in minutes. I have been asked to create an escalation alert if a case has been in the queue for 30 minutes. So, I created a workflow rule that should trigger when the age field reaches 30 but it is not working. I have read recently that it will not work unless the case is edited or modified in some way. Does anyone know of a work around for this?

I appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Kim
Good Afternoon All

Is there a way to change how a email "task" is populated when an email comes in using Outlook syncronization?

I will try to be clearer. When an email comes in it creates a "task" record in the Activity History related list. It appears that the Due Date field is populated based on the date that the email was received. Not necessarily the date that it was syncronized into SFDC. If you notice the example below, the Due Date seems to be populated from the "Received at" date. The Create Date and the Last Modified Date are the date that the Outlook sync happened. My question is, if the Received at Date can be pulled into the Task, can the "Received at" Time be pulled into a field as well.

Assigned To XXXX
Status Completed
Subject Email: RE: Con call this afternon at 2 PM Eastern Name
Due Date 1/8/2008
Related To 00019897
Type Email
Priority Normal
Created By XXXXX, 1/10/2008 2:09 PM
Last Modified By XXXXX, 1/10/2008 2:09 PM
Comments From: JoeSmith@somewhere.com
To: XXXX
Received at: 1/8/2008 3:55:21 PM

I apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense. The purpose of this question is that I have a user that syncs his outlook with SFDC once every few days and he has no way to see, just by looking at the Activity History related list, which email came in first. And there is not a Sort option for that related list.

I thank you all in advance for even trying understand this post but would appreciate even a best guess.

Kim
Hello All

Can anyone explain to me why emails sent using Workflow rules act differently then when using the Send Email button.

When sending via a Workflow rule, it will not get listed in the Activity History. Also, if it is a bad email address, I do not receive an Undeliverable message.

I am just trying to understand if these are two different operations.

Thanks in advance
Kim
This is very useful for our needs. However I am not a programmer and would like to know how to default the two checkboxes, Public and Send History to Customer, as checked.

Thanks in advance
Kim
Hello All

I have created a Workflow Email Alert that is triggered by a Case. The alert is working perfectly but I noticed that the email does not get added in the Activity History. Is there something I am missing or does it not have this functionality?

Thanks in advance
Kim
Hi All

I have created an Email alert that is triggered from a Case. It works fine but I realized that it does not get added to the Activity History of the case. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in Advance
Kim
Hello All

I have created two new record types for the case object that have custom fields that the standard case object does not. These record types have only been assigned to my sys admin profile for testing. I have also created multiple validation rules specific to the new record types. Here is my problem.

If a Support Profile (have not been assigned the new record types) creates a standard case they do not have any problems.

If a different Support Profile (have not been assigned the new record types) creates a standard case they receive the following error:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_2" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_2__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_3" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_3__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_4" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_4__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_2" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_2__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_3" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_3__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_4" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_4__c. Contact your administrator.)

I have checked the field security and it is editable to all users and I can't seem to find any difference in the two profiles. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Here is an example of one of the validation rules.
AND( ISPICKVAL(Reason_for_Missing_SN2__c , ""), LEN(DEF_S_N2__c ) = 0, LEN( P_N_2__c ) >0, $RecordType.Name = "RMA")

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Kim
Hello All

I have created two new record types for the case object that have custom fields that the standard case object does not. These record types have only been assigned to my sys admin profile for testing. I have also created multiple validation rules specific to the new record types. Here is my problem.

If a Support Profile (have not been assigned the new record types) creates a standard case they do not have any problems.

If a different Support Profile (have not been assigned the new record types) creates a standard case they receive the following error:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_2" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_2__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_3" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_3__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_4" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_4__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_2" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_2__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_3" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_3__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_4" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_4__c. Contact your administrator.)

I have checked the field security and it is editable to all users and I can't seem to find any difference in the two profiles. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kim
I am trying to create a Validation rule that says if a text field is null and a picklist field is null. I am using the LEN function for the text field which is working well but I am not sure how to determine if a picklist value is null. AND(LEN(S_N_1__c ) = 0, ISPICKVAL( Reason_for_missing_S_N__c), " ") I tried this but it is not working. Thanks in advance. Kim
Does anyone know if there is a way to make a field Read Only after the record is saved. I have created a custom button that creates a new case and pre-populates certain fields that I don't want to be edited after the record has been created. If I make the field Read Only the field will not populate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am having some difficulty with a Validation rule that I have created.

AND(NOT(Service_Exception_Approved__c), ISPICKVAL( Service_Entitlement__c , "False"), Service_Request__c)

What it is suppose to be saying is...If Service Exception Approved checkbox is NOT checked, Service Entitlement picklist has "False" selected and Service Request checkbox IS checked.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated!!
Hello All

I am trying to create a validation rule that says:
If Date_c Today or is null and Service_c is true error is triggered. This is the formula but it doesn't work if the date field is null.

AND( Date__c TODAY(), Service__c, true)

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello All

I know this should be easy but I am stumped. I am trying to write a formula that says:

If MyDate field < Today and is not null, "True", "False"

Any help would be appreciated!
For a text field on one of my screens, I want to display a warning message anytime the user changes the field's value so that they are definitely sensitive to the impact of changing the value.

Is there an easy way to add a warning dialog box as part of a custom field's on-change event for a screen created using Force.com Builder (setup UI)?

I have setup email to case but when the case is created it does not populate the email address or contact name for a contact that IS currently in the system. Have I misconfigured something?

Thanks in advance
Kim
I have created a custom button on the case object that creates child case of a different record type. The content source is URL. When the button is pushed it pushes various field values into the new case. Everything works perfectly except for one field. My question is, is it possible to push the value of a formula field over using this method.

Thanks in advance
Kim
Hello All

I have created a custom object related to an Asset. When I click the standard new button it carries that Asset Name over with no problem. I, however, wanted to carry over some other information into the custom object so I created a custom button. The problem is that when I click the custom button, the asset name carries over but there is an error that there are multiple items found. Why is it that that does not happen with the standard button? Is there some piece of code I need?

Thanks in advance.
Kim
Good Afternoon All

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow rule based on the last activity on a case? I want to be able to send an email to the case owner if the case has been open for x days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hello All

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow rule that is based on the last activity of a case? I want to have an email go out to the case owner if the case has remained open for x days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
I have a set of custom fields and a checkbox field. I want my custom fields to be required if the checkbox is checked. Below is the formula I came up with based on the examples... but I can't get it to work as I explained above. How should my formula look to achieve this validation rule?

AND (
  OR (
    ISNULL ( Meeting_Date__c ),
    ISNULL ( Account_Attendees_and_Title__c ),
    ISNULL ( Purpose_of_Meeting__c ),
    ISNULL ( Key_Take_Aways__c ),
    ISNULL ( UOLMG_Attendees__c ),
    ISPICKVAL ( Meeting_Type__c , "--NONE--"),
Send_Call_Report_Email__c = TRUE
))
Good Afternoon All I have downloaded this s-control into my sandbox and love the idea of it but need to tweak a bit. There is a table that allows you to find nearby accounts based on the Account type, however, they are not the account types that my company uses. Can anyone tell me how I can change them to the values that we use? Thanks in advance
Hello All

Is anyone aware of a way to create/trigger a workflow rule from a formula field. I have created a field called Case Age on the case object that calculates the age in minutes. I have been asked to create an escalation alert if a case has been in the queue for 30 minutes. So, I created a workflow rule that should trigger when the age field reaches 30 but it is not working. I have read recently that it will not work unless the case is edited or modified in some way. Does anyone know of a work around for this?

I appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Kim
I have a use case where when an opportunity hits a certain stage, say Pending, then tasks are created via workflow.  This works great.  But I also have a use case where if the opportunity moves to a further stage, say Closed Won, then the previous tasks are no longer necessary and I want them deleted without further action by the assignee.

Is there a way to do this out-of-the-box?  I am sure I can write an Apex trigger to do this, but it would require carnal knowledge of any workflows and I want this to be very configurable for my team in the future.  So, how can I clean up obsolete tasks?

Thanks in advance.
I think it was a year ago that it was announced that SF was developing an integration with Live Meeting.  Has anyone done this or does anyone have any advise on how to do it?
  • March 09, 2006