• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Code: My issue is this. I've created a custom field on my 'pelkins@parallels.com' account. And, I'm using the API to upsert data. The call executes and the results are returned without error. Per the UpsertResults returned, every row has failed to upsert with the message in the Subject line above. So, my question is WHY— I have refreshed my wsdl via XML download. I see the property in the API and via my login in SalesForce, but for some reason, the custom field is not recognized. Whassup–
Hi,

I have a dev account now.  Another user has a production account.  The prod account uses custom objects.  I want to copy these objects from the prod to the dev accounts and test some code against these custom objects using the Enterprise API.  I know I could create the custom objects manually, but this would invalidate my testing.  How can I get the environment copied to my own account?  If I cannot do that, then how can I get just the custom object(s) copied over?

Thx,
Paul
Hi,

Using a dev account, I set up a new field called 'test'.  The new field has been added to Contacts too in the web UI.  I am able to see the value when view the contact.  However, when I try to pull data from the Contacts table like so...

qr = binding.query("Select Id, FirstName, LastName, AccountId, test__c from Contact ");

The query runs fine and the first row casts correctly to a Contact object.  However, I can see no way to view the data or any other info related to the new field named 'test'.  Is there something hanging off the Contact object that I can use?  or, a way to  navigate the QueryResult (qr) object and get this data?

Thx,

Paul

i recently downloaed the developer api.  it's a great learning tool, but i'm curious how does it differ from the production api that come with 'Enterprise'?
Code: My issue is this. I've created a custom field on my 'pelkins@parallels.com' account. And, I'm using the API to upsert data. The call executes and the results are returned without error. Per the UpsertResults returned, every row has failed to upsert with the message in the Subject line above. So, my question is WHY— I have refreshed my wsdl via XML download. I see the property in the API and via my login in SalesForce, but for some reason, the custom field is not recognized. Whassup–
Hi,

I have a dev account now.  Another user has a production account.  The prod account uses custom objects.  I want to copy these objects from the prod to the dev accounts and test some code against these custom objects using the Enterprise API.  I know I could create the custom objects manually, but this would invalidate my testing.  How can I get the environment copied to my own account?  If I cannot do that, then how can I get just the custom object(s) copied over?

Thx,
Paul