• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I get this msg when I try to update custom fields...

salesforce update()

invalid range, missing data type, or other unknown error

type mismatch

please help me...what the problem?

I continue to get the wrong date when i insert activities from excel to salesforce.
the problem is in the due date only column. 
I type in 12/18/2007
and when its updated into Salesforce, its says 12/30/1899

I have tried using the full month and date, that doesnt help.
Please help me
i wish this software has a user guide that was morehelpful.
Hi,
I am trying to update mass leads with the same event and activity...i was told i could do this with the excel connector....
can anyone help me with this....there really isnt a user guide....
I loaded it into the Add Ins
But i cant see the small window anymore....?
I did see it at one point and now its gone, and I dont know how to get it back! 

I just to want to update numerous leads , with the same info at one time. 

example....create a task for all.

add the same event for all.....

i dotn want to have to add the same event 100 times for 100 leads....

HELP ME :(

I just want to do simple tasks, this program wants to you take an extra 100 steps to one thing.

I want to add the same  task to about 100 leads, that I have in an excel file, which I am about to import.
I dont want to go into all 100 leads and add the same task, I want to do it one time. 
any help?????
can anyone help with mass deletion....I thought i was deleting, but when i go back and look, all of the activities, that i thought i was deleting is still there???  HELP!

Hi,

When we were using Apex Data loader 9.0, it connected to salesforce.com only via our air-card or wireless network. The tool was unable to connect from our safeway LAN.

But in the latest version 11.0, it gets connected to salesforce.com even via safeway network.

Can anyone please throw some light on what changed in ver. 11.0 of the apex data loader which caused this change?

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
  • December 12, 2007
I just want to do simple tasks, this program wants to you take an extra 100 steps to one thing.

I want to add the same  task to about 100 leads, that I have in an excel file, which I am about to import.
I dont want to go into all 100 leads and add the same task, I want to do it one time. 
any help?????
Help (please)!

My Excel connector stopped working yesterday, and, after re-doing the download and unzip functions, I am left with this message.  What can I do next?

Thanks in advance
How can I massively upload activity into salesforce using excel connector? For example, my company just sent out a direct mailing to a list of 400 contacts exported from salesforce, and I want to record this activity massively rather than having to manually record the 400 mailings under each individual (under activity history), which will take hours. Is there a way to do this?
I am running 6.16pe. In Excel my date is showing in format dd/mm/yyyy however when I upload to S.F. it changes to mm/dd/yyyy. Am I doing something wrong?

thanks