• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

we've noticed that every once in a while our case numbers skip some numbers in their sequence.

So we have a case with a case # of 1000 and the next case # is 1013. We are not deleting any cases.

Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this?

I have triggers in place that will prevent duplicate leads.  In the trigger i use the

Lead.Email.addError() method to put the message that prevents the lead from being created. The problem is when i import a list of leads and there is one duplicate the entire import fails. 

Is there an alternate way to prevent the duplicate but not cause the import to fail?

thanks

sforce.apex.execute() calls does not appear to be working after the Winter 09 release. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Is there a way to run unit tests as a different user? I would like to test validation logic setup for different profiles.

thanks,
ken
I have a Trigger running beforeUpdate for the Account object. Whenever an Opportunity is modified the Account trigger is being executed.
Is this the expected behavior?
I am receiving a message "No Access allowed to this class" when trying to call a web service for a Custom Button Javascript onClick.
This only occurs when the user is NOT an administrator. Is there a permission that needs to be set to allow this functionality?
Has anyone been successful calling webservice methods?
I added the webService keyword to the methods i wanted to expose. I created a WSDL and generated a Web Reference (in .NET).
When i attempt to call the webmethod i get: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session error.

Are these web services locked down? There is NO login methods available through the webreference like the SalesForce enterprise API.
How would I authenticate to call my custom web method?

thanks,
ken
When I attempt to deploy to production from Eclipse the Validate Deployment button generates the following exception:

RuntimeException: Failed deployment: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION msg:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 4xxxxxx
Failed deployment: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION msg:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 4xxxxxx

I look at the error logs and everything appears to be running successfully.

Any info would be appreciated,
ken

Message Edited by ken_dev on 01-22-2008 01:55 PM
   Anyone know a way to deploy my custom objects to Production with Eclipse?
Is this possible through Eclipse? Or are we forced to set them up manually? 

I've also created and tested Email Templates in my development environment and would like to deploy them to production. Is there a deployment method for this?
Or do the email templates need to be created manually in each environment?

thanks,
ken

Message Edited by ken_dev on 01-18-2008 07:52 AM
When I attempt to deploy to production from Eclipse the Validate Deployment button generates the following exception:

RuntimeException: Failed deployment: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION msg:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 4xxxxxx
Failed deployment: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION msg:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 4xxxxxx

I look at the error logs and everything appears to be running successfully.

Any info would be appreciated,
ken

Message Edited by ken_dev on 01-22-2008 01:55 PM