• Timetabling Solutions

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm attempting to import date/time values into a custom object from csv, using the Setup / Data Management / Import Custom Object wizard from SF.

The field in SF is set as a Date/Time field.  The csv field is formated as d/mm/yyyy h:mm

However I get an invalid date error when attempting to import - what am I missing here....?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Hi, need some help here.

We have a master object called Constructions that records various details regarding jobs including Budget Hours, Time Remaining in that budget and the Hours Spent etc.

We have a Timecard that staff record the Date, Description of work and the Hours Spent on that job. Most jobs will have approximately 20 timecards recorded from start to finish.

The master object has a roll-up summary (SUM Construction Timecard) on the hours to show how many hours has been spent, called Hours Spent.  Another formula field displays the Budget Hours - the Hours Spent to display the Time Remaining.

All this works nicely, however...

We would really like to display how many hours were remaining at the point of when a  timecard was created, so we can view what work was done when there was x hours remaining.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

We have a picklist with 6 values, we also have a date field called "Online Date".  We need a formula to automatically update the picklist value when we reach the online date.

We use SF Professional (no workflows)

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by MichaelWould on 06-30-2009 04:50 PM

Hi,

I need the one formula to return the text value of TRUE if two conditions are met.  The date cannot be greater than today and the text must have a specific name, otherwise the return value is to be blank.

IF( datefield > TODAY(),
"TRUE",
null ) 

and If a text field has "something" then I need the text value of TRUE returned.  Both conditions need to be met otherwise the return value to be blank.

Thanks in advance...

Michael

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to display a picklist value that is located on a related object.

We use timecards that have various stages for when working on a project.  Ideally we would like to display the last stage recorded in the last timecard on the page layout.

Like a roll up summary...

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael
Hi,

I'm creating an email template with some merged fields and am having trouble getting the formula to display the correct result.

I have a formula on a checkbox: 
IF( Student_Options__c , "Student Options", " ") 

This displays the text "Student Options" if the checkbox is true and blank if it is not.  This works fine.

I now want to add a date field to that text that is displayed when the checkbox is true.  The formula looks like this:

IF(Student_Options__c, "Student Options + Special_Event__r.SO_is_on__c ", " ")

It displays the correct information, but also includes the field name Special_Event__r.SO_is_on__c  like this in the email:

Student Options on + Special_Event__r.SO_is_on__c 21/07/2008

My question is, how do I modify the formula so that the field name doesn't display?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by MichaelWould on 06-19-2008 09:38 PM

Message Edited by MichaelWould on 06-19-2008 09:39 PM
Can somebody explain how to write a validation rule to add 15 to a number field if a checkbox is check?

Thanks in advance.

How would I write a formula to take a regular date field (11/15/2011) and a text field that represents a time in this format (08:30 AM) into a date/time formula field? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

We have a picklist with 6 values, we also have a date field called "Online Date".  We need a formula to automatically update the picklist value when we reach the online date.

We use SF Professional (no workflows)

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by MichaelWould on 06-30-2009 04:50 PM

Hi,

I need the one formula to return the text value of TRUE if two conditions are met.  The date cannot be greater than today and the text must have a specific name, otherwise the return value is to be blank.

IF( datefield > TODAY(),
"TRUE",
null ) 

and If a text field has "something" then I need the text value of TRUE returned.  Both conditions need to be met otherwise the return value to be blank.

Thanks in advance...

Michael

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to display a picklist value that is located on a related object.

We use timecards that have various stages for when working on a project.  Ideally we would like to display the last stage recorded in the last timecard on the page layout.

Like a roll up summary...

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael
Hi,

I'm creating an email template with some merged fields and am having trouble getting the formula to display the correct result.

I have a formula on a checkbox: 
IF( Student_Options__c , "Student Options", " ") 

This displays the text "Student Options" if the checkbox is true and blank if it is not.  This works fine.

I now want to add a date field to that text that is displayed when the checkbox is true.  The formula looks like this:

IF(Student_Options__c, "Student Options + Special_Event__r.SO_is_on__c ", " ")

It displays the correct information, but also includes the field name Special_Event__r.SO_is_on__c  like this in the email:

Student Options on + Special_Event__r.SO_is_on__c 21/07/2008

My question is, how do I modify the formula so that the field name doesn't display?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by MichaelWould on 06-19-2008 09:38 PM

Message Edited by MichaelWould on 06-19-2008 09:39 PM
Can somebody explain how to write a validation rule to add 15 to a number field if a checkbox is check?

Thanks in advance.