• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All

My Sandbox has just gone to Spring '13, and Production is on Winter '13.

I remember in the past that there would be issues when Production and Sandbox were on different releases. Do you know if this is still an issue? 

I think I came across this when moving config/code between the two, I wonder is it now resolved?

Thanks

Phil

Hi

In our Enterprise Edition I know we have a limit of 5 Dynamic Dashboards. When I try to set up a new one, it says 'you have reacjed your limit'. However, I can not find a list of the 5 that have been set up. Its a complex Org with 1600 Dashboards, how can I find which ones are Dynamic?

Thanks

Phil

UK-based Salesforce.com Consultant with 8 years Salesforce.com experience available for short/medium term projects on-site or home based.

Certified Admin (ADM 201)

Certified Consultant (CON 201)

Certified Developer (ADM 401)

Phil

UK based Salesforce.com Consultant with 8 years Salesforce.com experience available for short/medium term projects, on-site or home based.

Phil

Hi All

Was looking for some tips on building a new button to update a field in Salesforce.

Something like...Button called 'Make this Contact NEW', and when clicked that Contact record Status field is updated to 'NEW'.

Done these before but I can not find my cheatsheets??

Many thanks in advance!!

Phil

Has anyone used Maildrop or similar to integrate Mac Mail to Salesforce.com?

Can a salesforce User link emails from several 'from' email addresses to the relevant Contact in salesforce?

(e.g. I send my emails out from phil@aol.com, phil@hotmail.com, and phil@yahoo.com all from Mac Mail, when I send an email out from each of these to Contacts can I integrate every email with the relevant salesforce Contact?)

Many thanks!

UK-based Salesforce.com Consultant with 5 years Salesforce.com and 10 years Business Analysis experience.

Available for short/medium term projects on-site or home based.

Phil

Phil Walton
Salesforce.com Consultant
www.philwaltonconsultancy.co.uk
+44 (0)7968 361 506
philwalton@aol.com

UK-based Salesforce.com Consultant with 4 years Salesforce.com and 8+ years Business Analysis experience. Available from mid-August for short/medium term projects on-site or home based

Phil

Phil Walton
Salesforce.com Consultant
www.philwaltonconsultancy.co.uk
+44 (0)7968 361 506
philwalton@aol.com

UK-based Salesforce.com Consultant with 4 years Salesforce.com and 8+ years Business Analysis experience. Available immediately for short/medium term projects on-site or home based

Please contact me at philwalton@aol.com for details.

UK-based Salesforce.com Consultant with 4 years Salesforce.com and 8+ years Business Analysis experience. Available Immediately for Short/Medium term Projects, on-site or home based

Please contact me at philwalton@aol.com for details.

Hi folks,
Can anyone tell me what is profile and permission set and what is difference between profile and permission set

Thanks in advance
Karthick

Hi All

My Sandbox has just gone to Spring '13, and Production is on Winter '13.

I remember in the past that there would be issues when Production and Sandbox were on different releases. Do you know if this is still an issue? 

I think I came across this when moving config/code between the two, I wonder is it now resolved?

Thanks

Phil

Hi

In our Enterprise Edition I know we have a limit of 5 Dynamic Dashboards. When I try to set up a new one, it says 'you have reacjed your limit'. However, I can not find a list of the 5 that have been set up. Its a complex Org with 1600 Dashboards, how can I find which ones are Dynamic?

Thanks

Phil

Hi All

Was looking for some tips on building a new button to update a field in Salesforce.

Something like...Button called 'Make this Contact NEW', and when clicked that Contact record Status field is updated to 'NEW'.

Done these before but I can not find my cheatsheets??

Many thanks in advance!!

Phil

Hi All,

We would like to change how an order (case) is handled.  Right now, an order is saved and closed.  The act of closing the order sends it to our parts department. 

We'd like to change that process.  I'm looking to create a custom button that updates a custom field and saves the case.

Clicking on the button would:

1) Update the custom picklist field "Order_Submission_Status__c" with the value "Submitted"

2) Save the part order (case).

3) Display an alert that the order was submitted to the Parts Department.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I am a Salesforce admin, but not even remotely close to a programmer!

Thanks!

Mike

Hi ,

i have been getting this mail from salesforce form yesterday.

Your organization (XYZ) has reached its hourly limit for processing workflow time triggers. Processing will resume in the next hour. For information on application limits, see the salesforce.com online help.

Could anybody guide me to take corrective as well as preventive action for this?

Hello ,

I tried to push some objects and its fields from sandbox to production. But, after uploading the objects and thier dependent fields, the data has been uploaded successfully and i got mail from salesforce that, Your change set was uploaded successfully

Then when i look in to the production in Inbound Change Sets  there are no Change sets available for the deployment.

And i have pushed the data from sandbox many times, and every time i am getting the same problem as mentioned above.

So please anyone can help me or if any one faced the same problem. please let me know the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Anirudh.

Hi, when i create a package then i didn't see approval processes item in the add drop down list. Is it possible to add Approval process into Package?

• March 22, 2011

I want a custom button (on a custom object) to execute a field update.  The button is called "Vote" and the field is a number field called "Votes".  The pressing of the button would increase the value of the Votes field by 1.

Can anyone help me in this case?

• September 10, 2009

I am trying to install the Entitlements package from the AppExchange.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ZMkEAM

I have tried in both my dev edition and my sandbox. Each time it tells me its installing and I will receive a mail when its completed. I then get a mail saying that the installation has failed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

Hi folks,

I need to upload notes for accounts and Contracts. I do not want to upload manually. Can you please advice?

Regards
Umesh
I want to deliver an Approval Process in a managed package. Can't find a way to do it using the Package UI in my Developer Edition account. Are Approval Processes packageable or do I need to give instructions in the my Customization Guide?

Vivien
  • February 22, 2008