• 5 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for an application (or solution) to schedule formatted reports to users outside SF. We have weekly reports of data that we send to clients / managers we were able to accomplish this task via Jaspersoft 4 Salesforce. We could schedule reports, format the report, as well as PDF the report for distribution as an attachment.  However, their application is going away in the next month or two and I MUST HAVE a Solution prior to this. Anyone know of an application that accomplishes this or a solution (that is relatively easy)?  Any assistance is appreciated!  Thanks!

I have a workflow set up to trigger when a Sales Profile updates an opportunity and I need to expand some criteria.

This is what I have currently.  Now, I need to factor in when a Sales Profile has already updated the opportunity for the day so that it doesn't trigger more than once a day.
Code:
OR(
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vGpt",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vGcG",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vGpj",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vH76",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vHv5")

I tried this, but run into the problem when it's Today and someone else (other than sales) updates the record, it won't trigger and I want it to. *Last Modified Date 1 is a custom field that displays the date field and not date/time.
Code:
AND( 
  OR(
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vGpt",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vGcG",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vGpj",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vH76",
  $User.ProfileId ="00e50000000vHv5"), 
AND(
Last_Modified_Date_1__c <>TODAY(),
LastModifiedBy.Id <> $User.Id )
)
)

My other thought was creating a field update to tag if an opportunity already had the trigger pulled for the day and use that as the last modified criteria, but I think I would run into trouble resetting the field each day.

Any assistance or direction is appreciated!

I need to develop a way to tag the last date that a rep did something (activity, opportunity, etc) with an account and the last date that an account manager did something with an account (activity, case, etc).  Once the date is determined, there needs to be colors that correspond with the date <90 days, >90 days.  The color part is easy, it’s the  tagging of the date that’s the hard part.

Ideally, this would be two fields populated on the account record one being “Last Date Sales Exec” and the other being “Last Date Account Manager”.  

Problem:  There are multiple ways that a rep/account manager can touch an account within SF – via an activity, updating an opportunity/case, adding a note to an account, or even updating the account details with phone, fax etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions of ways to accomplish this?  Worst case scenario, I have to create this manually (in excel) based on data in SF but I would rather not. J

BTW – I have to have this completed before a Nov 12 meeting.

Is it possible to have an imaged formula field display on a Visualforce Page? 

If so where do the images need to be stored (I've tried both Documents and Static Resources)?  And what component and attribute do you use to display it?  Output field Value displays the url and not the actual image.  The formula is valid and it does display on a traditional SF page.  

Thanks,
Heather
I'm new to Visualforce and I've been trying for over 2 weeks to figure this out and I know it has to be something simple.  Any help is appreciated!

I want to add a custom controller to a page.  Yet every time I try to create it I get the error message
Error: Apex class 'GoldSheet' does not exist
  I've read in many of the tutorials, etc that you should have a link to create the controller as well as read that the controller link should appear next to Page Editor.  But so far I've got nothing.  I've created many "test" pages using the samples from the book and I continue to get nowhere. 

I attempted to try and add an Apex Class under Setup>Develop but I don't have a New button.   Do I need special permissions or am I missing something completely?

Thanks!
I've been tasked to replicate an excel form for our sales team into Salesforce.com. I could probably complete this task, however I am hitting the point where I will be spending more time researching how to do this than I should.  My boss has asked for me to inquire about outside assistance.  I am looking for someone who has experience with Visualforce (I think this is my solution) to help me develop a Visualforce page. 

Basically I need the below table ( to look like something like when you add Account Teams on an Account.

A

B

C

D

Needs

Source

Who

When

Strategy for Hosting Fee

Accounting

Jim

10/20/2008

New Documentation

Millard

Bob

11/22/2008

Another Example

Text

Person

7/16/2008

Please contact me via email (heather.webster@relayhealth.com) and I can discuss further.

I am looking for an application (or solution) to schedule formatted reports to users outside SF. We have weekly reports of data that we send to clients / managers we were able to accomplish this task via Jaspersoft 4 Salesforce. We could schedule reports, format the report, as well as PDF the report for distribution as an attachment.  However, their application is going away in the next month or two and I MUST HAVE a Solution prior to this. Anyone know of an application that accomplishes this or a solution (that is relatively easy)?  Any assistance is appreciated!  Thanks!

I must be doing something wrong, as I can´t believe this is so complicated.

I want to add a "Reason Lost" to my Opportunities. This new field will be a picklist.

I want to validate that, if the status is changed to "Closed - Lost" a "Reason Lost" must be entered.

If I have 3 reasons, let´s say: "Price", "Service", "Cancelled Operation"

Do I really need a formula like this?

AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Lost"), NOT(OR(ISPICKVAL(ReasonLost__c,"Price"),ISPICKVAL(ReasonLost__c,"Service"),ISPICKVAL(ReasonLost__c,"Cancelled Operation"))))

I would have hoped for a much simpler:

AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Lost"), NOT(ISNULL(ReasonLost__c)))

What am I doing wrong? or is this a limitation? (I can´t imagine if I want to do this for a picklist with 100 values!)

Thanks all!
  • October 30, 2008
Hi,

We have the following two custom objects:
1. Purchase_Orders and
2. purchase_items.

The object Purchase_Orders has a custom text field named "Approval Status". The requirement is that once the value of the field "Approval Status" is "Approved", users (except system administrators) SHOULD NOT be able to EDIT the record for both the purchase_order and the purchase_item. Until then they are allowed to edit the detail pages for these records.

What are the different options to enable this kind of functionality to disable "EDIT" based on certain criteria? Can we do this using any standard force.com functionalities?

Appreciate all your feedbacks on this.
Thanks and regards,
Ambili

P.S:(We cannot use the standard salesforce approval process due to some inherent restrictions, therefore cannot use its locking mechanism.)

• August 27, 2008
Is it possible to have an imaged formula field display on a Visualforce Page? 

If so where do the images need to be stored (I've tried both Documents and Static Resources)?  And what component and attribute do you use to display it?  Output field Value displays the url and not the actual image.  The formula is valid and it does display on a traditional SF page.  

Thanks,
Heather