• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to fire off a trigger on the Note object and if one can not what is the possible work around for this?

Thanks

Stephen 

I have a note obejct connected to a Custom Object.
I have create a trigger on the note object but it is not firing at all 

trigger MentorRequestNoteNewNote_After_Update on Note (after update) {

System.debug('MentorRequestNoteNewNote fired!');
    for ( Note n : [Select n.Title, n.ParentId, n.IsPrivate, n.Id, n.Body From Note n where Id in : Trigger.new])
    {
        System.debug('Note Id  : '  + n.Id);
        System.debug('Note ParentId  : ' + n.ParentId);
        System.debug('Note Body  : ' + n.Body);

for ( Mentor_Requests__c m : [Select m.Id, m.LastNote__c From Mentor_Requests__c m where Id  = : n.ParentId])
        {
             System.debug('Last note added to Mentor Request');

m.LastNote__c = n.Body;
             update m;

}

}

}

I'm currently having problems installing a package on the sandbox

I get the following error 

Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help. 

The install works fine it I install it on the production server but I always have problems when I try loading it with the sandbox version. Should I be changing the url in someway? 

Package Description : Concerting form to pdf using Visual Force 

https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=/packaging/installPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t300000008UDT 

How would one create a custom link to open a email template and to automatically set he recipients email address.

I would like to place this in the case section of SF. I would like to carry over the case no at the same time

How does on connect a button to an Apex class?
How did I use the workflow rules to fire off a Apex code class?
  • January 05, 2009
I looking for a visualforce developer to help me develop a customer portal web site in visualforce.

You can contact me @ smoore10000@gmail.com

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 12, 2008
Can someboby please offer me some advice on how to convert a standard Customer Portal web page into a visual force web page?

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 11, 2008
I need to customise my company's customer portal site. I assume I would have to use Visual force for this.

Could somebody provide me with documentation of how one does about doing this? Where can I get documentation on this?

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 10, 2008
I need to customise my company's customer portal site. I assume I would have to use Visual force for this.

Could somebody provide me with documentation of how one does about doing this? Where can I get documentation on this?

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 10, 2008
How do I create a workflow rule that would create a new record?
  • November 13, 2008
I have trouble assigning a campaign to a new lead.

I get 'Invalid foreign key relationship name Campaign' error.

I tried this well but it did not work either
lead.Campaign = "70120000000AZc3AAG";

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (Page.IsPostBack)

{

String FirstName = txtFirstname.Text;

String LastName = txtLastname.Text;

String Company = txtCompany.Text;

String EmailAddress = txtEmailAddress.Text;

if (login() == true)

{

sforce.QueryResult _qr = null;

binding.QueryOptionsValue = new sforce.QueryOptions();

binding.QueryOptionsValue.batchSize = 1;

binding.QueryOptionsValue.batchSizeSpecified = true;

_qr = binding.query("Select id, Name from Campaign where Name = 'Test 1'");

for (int x = 0; x < _qr.records.Length; x++)

{

sforce.Campaign Update_c = new Campaign();

sforce.Campaign c = (sforce.Campaign)_qr.records[x];

Update_c.Id = c.Id;

Lead lead;

sObject[] leads = new sObject[1];

for (int j = 0; j < leads.Length; j++)

{

lead = new Lead();

lead.FirstName = FirstName;

lead.LastName = LastName;

lead.Company = Company;

lead.Email = EmailAddress;

lead.LeadSource = "Test";

lead.Campaign = Update_c;

// lead.Campaign = "70120000000AZc3AAG";

leads[j] = lead;

}

SaveResult[] sr = binding.create(leads);

for (int j = 0; j < sr.Length; j++)

{

if (sr[j].success)

{

Debug.WriteLine("Lead successful added to Salesforce");

}

else

{

for (int i = 0; i < sr[j].errors.Length; i++)

{

//Get all the next error

Error err = sr[j].errors[i];

Debug.WriteLine(err.message.ToString());

}

}

}

}

}

}

}

• November 12, 2008
I want to create a Schduled trigger somehow that will fire of a workflow object.

Has anybody got any ideas on this?

Thanks

Stephen
  • November 12, 2008
Is it possible to link the action of a button submit action to a Apex class?

Thanks

Stephen
  • September 02, 2008
I have code that fire off real time data from any object in Saleforce to an external webservice.

I have packaged the code to include the workflow rules and outbound messages. I have also have the code for the external web service(written in C# .Net)

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing this code.

Thanks

Email : sfdev10000@gmail.com
  • August 25, 2008
Hi

I have create a custom Field called PrimaryContact on the Opportunity Object.

I want to automatically update the contact for this field by collecting the primarty ContactRole for that opportunity by a Apex Trigger event.

Thanks

Stephen
I want to add a contact lookup field to Opportunity object so that I know which contacts related to an Account relate to that Opportunity. This means that when I select the lookup button I want the system to onkly lookup contacts related to that Account.

Would I somehow have to limit the lookup list with the use of Apex code?

Thanks

Stephen
Is anybody looking for a Quickbooks to Salesforce integration development work?
I'm getting the following error on on a campaign trigger

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger findParent2 caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: findParent2: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: ChildCampaigns: Trigger.findParent2: line 6, column 30
  = Required InformationCampaign Information:

trigger findParent2 on Campaign (after update) {
   ID ParentID = null;

for (Campaign cam1 : [Select id, name from Campaign]){
        system.debug('Loop 1 - campaign id : ' + cam1.id);
        for (Campaign cam2 : cam1.childcampaigns){
           system.debug('Loop 2 - campaign id : ' + cam2.id);
            if (cam2.id == cam1.id){
                  ParentID = cam1.id;     
            }
       }
   }
     system.debug('Parent for  is '+ParentID);
 }

I have created a custom field called 'Status' on the Account object. I has three picklist values : Prospect, Active and Dormant

The default is Propects' I an Opportunity is Closed -Won then I want to update the Account.Status field to Active

I started with the following code

trigger Test on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {
    List<Account> accToUpdate= new List<Account>;

for (Opportunity opp : System.Trigger.new) {
       Account accounts = [select id,name,industry from account where id in opp.accountid];
       for (Account acc: accounts){
         if (acc.status__c != 'Active'){
                acc.staus__C = 'Active';
                accToUpdate.add(acc);
             }
        }
    }
    update accToUpdate;
}­­

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 10, 2008

Salesforce.com Developer Job Description:

Our client, a leading Hardware Company located in San Jose, CA, is looking for a skilled Salesforce.com Developer to create more functional integrations and improve the efficiency of the tool.  Additionally, the developer will take the lead for ongoing maintenance and support.   

Requirements:

• 2+ years of Salesforce.com development experience
  • 1+ year of integration experience using APEX
  • 1+ year of development experience with Web Services technologies (SOAP, XML, etc.)
  • API development experience for integration
  • 2+ years of Oracle Database experience and SQL (they are on Oracle 8 and 9)
  • 2-3 years of experience with Java or .NET (their B2B application is Java-based)
  • Experience with enterprise integration to Salesforce.com, such as ERP, Order Fulfillment systems is a plus
  • Any exposure to Visual Force would be a plus

Best regards,

Vanessa

Vanessa Shah  TECHNICAL RECRUITER                 
2099 Gateway Place, Suite 700, San Jose, CA 95110

T 408-367-6889        F 408-367-6881

We are seeking proposal for the following:

Application that creates HIT's on the Amazon Mechanical Turk Web service.

http://aws.amazon.com/mturk/#bus-case

The application would integrate Amazon's Mechanical Turk Web Service into our existing custom application.

Use case
Every morning, we need to send eligible HITs to the web service. A process will need to fire each morning at a predetermined time, that queries our data and gets all HITs eligible to be sent for that day. The application will batch these up and send them to the AMT web service.

That is the only use case we want to look at currently. Based on the success of this, we would be willing to consider a more tighter integration with the web service in order to perform more use cases which would result in more development. We would like to start out small and grow into this over time.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 10, 2008
Is it possible to link the action of a button submit action to a Apex class?

Thanks

Stephen
  • September 02, 2008

Message Edited by WLS on 08-27-2008 08:20 AM

Message Edited by WLS on 08-27-2008 08:20 AM
  • August 26, 2008
Hi, I am looking for a Senior experienced developer (based anywhere) who would be able to develop/program using my specifications done for an application.

Thanks 
  • July 24, 2008
Hi

I have create a custom Field called PrimaryContact on the Opportunity Object.

I want to automatically update the contact for this field by collecting the primarty ContactRole for that opportunity by a Apex Trigger event.

Thanks

Stephen
Hi,

Could someone help me? The company I work in uses salesforce. I want to customize my edit screen under the opportunity tab. Earlier, I thought it was possible using s-controls, but it turns out that it's not. All I want to do is add a line of text under the field that says sales manager name. Can anyone help me write the code for this if needed, or any help in general would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sahil Nair
  • July 17, 2008
I want to add a contact lookup field to Opportunity object so that I know which contacts related to an Account relate to that Opportunity. This means that when I select the lookup button I want the system to onkly lookup contacts related to that Account.

Would I somehow have to limit the lookup list with the use of Apex code?

Thanks

Stephen
Our company is looking for help with various process integration issues with DBSync and Quickbooks Accountant Edition 2007.  These are the issues:

1) Sales coming from website now come as web-to-lead, but need to come in as a "closed won" opportunity.
2) We need a way to automate recurring monthly sales.
3) When Quickbooks integration from DBSync comes in to show invoice paid we need to have it change the stage to "closed won."

We do all these things manually now.  Is there a simple way to do these things, or is a developer needed? 
Does anyone out there have experience doing these things?  If so, and you're interested in a project let us know - we'd love to talk to you!

Reply in the thread or contact Evan at Rugly (dot) com
To whom it may concern,

We have a couple of projects that we need help with.

1) we need someone to write the apex code to help us prevent reservation booking conflicts.

2) we would like to be able to compile date ranges from our opportunities and present them on a calendar that we can use internally and ideally stitch into our websites to provide real time visuals to our customers on availability.

Who among you is up to the challenge?

Please post quotes and timeframes!
Is anybody looking for a Quickbooks to Salesforce integration development work?
I'm getting the following error on on a campaign trigger

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger findParent2 caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: findParent2: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: ChildCampaigns: Trigger.findParent2: line 6, column 30
  = Required InformationCampaign Information:

trigger findParent2 on Campaign (after update) {
   ID ParentID = null;

for (Campaign cam1 : [Select id, name from Campaign]){
        system.debug('Loop 1 - campaign id : ' + cam1.id);
        for (Campaign cam2 : cam1.childcampaigns){
           system.debug('Loop 2 - campaign id : ' + cam2.id);
            if (cam2.id == cam1.id){
                  ParentID = cam1.id;     
            }
       }
   }
     system.debug('Parent for  is '+ParentID);
 }

I have created a custom field called 'Status' on the Account object. I has three picklist values : Prospect, Active and Dormant

The default is Propects' I an Opportunity is Closed -Won then I want to update the Account.Status field to Active

I started with the following code

public class OpportunityUpdateClass{

public stats void UpdateAccountStatustoActive(Opportunity[] opps){

Map<String,Opportunity> oppMap = new Map<String,Opportunity>();

for (Opportunity opp:opps){
               Account accounts = [select id,name,industry from account where id in :opp.accountid];
                for (Account acc: accounts){
                      if (acc.status__c != 'Active'){
                          acc.staus__C = 'Active'
                      }
                }
         }

}
}
I have created a custom picklist on the Account Object which depicts the status of the Account (E.g Prospect, Active or Dormat)

I want to create a trigger on the Opportunity Update event that updates the Account Status to Active if the Opportunity.Stage = "Closed\Won"

I try varies Apex codes options with out success
Hi,

Is there anyway to check if a custom field and custom object is exist in an salesforce.com instance?
Is it possible to use Metadata WSDL for this?

I understand I can use partner wsdl using query and if a field / object is not exist will throw error, but i think this is not elegance.
Please advise and thanks.

Sq
In trying to keep within the governors limits for APEX I am trying to limit the number of records that get returned in a SOQL Query.

I need to find Opportunities that DO NOT have a Contact role tied it when the opportunity moves into a specific stage.

Since there is a limit to the number of records that can be returned within an APEX Trigger I wanted to only get the Opportunity Id's that do not have the contact role.

To do this on one offs is easy.  The problem is trying to write the routine for bulk updates/inserts.

I want to get just the unique Id's that have at least on Contact Role defined.  I need the following Query to get that list.

I tried the following Query on the Apex Explorer and get a Malformed Query error.  Is does not like the Select in the In Clause.

SELECT Id from Opportunity Where Id in (Select OpportunityId from OpportunityContactRole where OpportunityId in ('006T0000002FSIv','006T0000003LFwJ'))

In the example that I have above I expected to get back on Opty Id.  Of the two listed on one of them has a contact linked to it.

I am just trying to test out my theory before I start writing code that may not be possible.  If I understand the limits I can only return 1,000 records in the resulting Query.  If I make the call and pull back all the records from the OportunityContactRole it is possible that I can exceed the 1,000 record limit.  If I get the query above to work that will make me return at most the number of records that are in the Trigger.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• June 09, 2008
I waht to create a cutom forecast object that when I add a new record it will fire off Apex Trigger to will collect sum up all the Opportunities into a single text field. The Salesrep enter this forecase base on this figure.

How would I create this trigger?

Could somebody sent me some sample code?

Thanks

Stephen