• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, we have a validation rule that works fine when we use it with one Profile parameter (see Version One).  But it breaks if we try to add more (see Version 2 or 3).

Anyone know why this is and how I can expand it's function?  Notice the first time I excluded ALL users that were not CSR's, the second I tried to excluded ALL users not CSRs, Mktg, etc etc, and I think I caused some kind of dual exclude because after that No one could save.  The third I switched to the idea of EQUALS certain profiles instead of NOT EQUAL TO in the first two.

Version one

OR(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Pending"), ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Working"))
&&
$User.ProfileId <> "00e60000000a5pv"

Version 2

OR(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Pending"), ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Working"))
&&
$User.ProfileId <> "00e60000000a5pv,00e60000000avPC,00e60000000avPR,00e60000000aNgk"

Version 3

ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Pending")
||
ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Working")
&&
$User.ProfileId = "00e60000000avP7,00e60000000avPC,00e60000000avPR,00e60000000aNgk"

00e60000000nvPC,00e60000000nvPR,00e60000000oNgk

Generic: Is there a list of commonly used regexp codes to search for data in Salesforce?

Specific: I want to use Excel Connector's regexp option to find Zip codes with length characters greater than 5.  This will allow me to remove the Zip Plus 4's that mess up our workflows.  

(And I'm trying to do this without adding a new field to calculate LEN)

Hello, we have a validation rule that works fine when we use it with one Profile parameter (see Version One).  But it breaks if we try to add more (see Version 2 or 3).

Anyone know why this is and how I can expand it's function?  Notice the first time I excluded ALL users that were not CSR's, the second I tried to excluded ALL users not CSRs, Mktg, etc etc, and I think I caused some kind of dual exclude because after that No one could save.  The third I switched to the idea of EQUALS certain profiles instead of NOT EQUAL TO in the first two.

Version one

&&
$User.ProfileId <> "00e60000000a5pv"

Version 2

&&
$User.ProfileId <> "00e60000000a5pv,00e60000000avPC,00e60000000avPR,00e60000000aNgk"

Version 3

ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Pending")
||
ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.CSR_Processing_Status__c, "Working")
&&
$User.ProfileId = "00e60000000avP7,00e60000000avPC,00e60000000avPR,00e60000000aNgk"

00e60000000nvPC,00e60000000nvPR,00e60000000oNgk

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in displaying the owner name of a Case object, as well as other case details, on a page. Using Apex Explorer, I've noticed that I have access to 'OwnerId', labeled as a reference. However, I cannot access the owner (user) information directly in the same query.

I have actually been able to accomplish a similar feat (displaying the contact's name) using the ContactId reference, selecting 'ContactId, Contact.Name', but I apparently cannot do the same with the owner.

Has anybody found a way to drill down for deeper information such as this? Another option I see would be sticking all the owner id's in a long string, then querying for the names with the "IN" keyword, then manually matching them to their respective objects.

• September 15, 2009

Hi,

SFDC lists WON:SUM / CLOSED:SUM as the Custom Formula for calculating the Win-Loss percentage based on Record Count, but our percentage is very different if the Win-Loss percentage is based on the VALUE of opportunities.

Does anyone have any suggestions for building the Win-Loss percentage based on summarized opportunity values (i.e. VALUE of WON opportunities / VALUE of all opportunities).

I'm at a total loss and would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

Hi,

When I am trying to use "ActiveXObject('Word.Application')" in my code, it throws an exception saying "Automation server can't create object" in IE7. Can anyone help me out for the solution of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

• March 02, 2009
When creating a query with Table Query Wizard, how are you able to create a "AND" or a "OR" statement in between the clauses?
Hello-

Is there a way to create a custom object that would show up on the leads tab, and then when the lead is converted the information would transfer over to the Account/Contact record?

We track a substantial amount of marketing information pertained to each lead/contact account ranging from resource material, referal program, book purchases etc.  We currently are tracking this stuff in Activity/History, but this information is so specific and crticial to our organization that I would like to pull it out of the mass of information tracked in Activity/History and have a specific area where marketing activies are tracked.  My thought was to create a custom object for this type of material but have noticed that a related list custom object is not available in the Lead Page Format View.

If this isnt possible, does anyone have any suggestions for tracking this type of information some where else other than Acitivy History?

Thanks,
  • September 26, 2008
I'm looking for a formula that is the equivilant of the "Opportunity Stage Duration" but I need it for "Lead Status".  We want to know the lenght of time a lead is staying at a particular lead status before it is changed to a new lead status.  This will allow us to get a better idea how long it takes for a lead to graduate to the next status before converting to an opp or being downgraded to another lead status.

thanks,
p

When any user other than an administrator attempts to run a custom report the following error message appears.

"Report Obsolete

This report can no longer be edited or run. Your administrator has disabled all reports for the custom object, or its relationships have changed."

While logged in as the system adminstrator i am able to run the report, but when i log in as a Standard user and try to run the same custom report i get the message above.

Is there anyway to allow the Standard user permission to run custom reports?

• August 02, 2005