• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking to merge data from two other CRMs into our salesforce account. What I used to when beforming this action was upload accounts, then redownload the new accounts with their new salesforce id's and then create Vlookups in excel to upload the contacts to and establish the proper relationship. Obviously this is a pretty long process especially to ensure that the names are correct for the Vlookup to work. 

Now I believe that there might be a quicker way to do this but I can never seem to map to a field that pulls the data from the account to the contact level. I have tried formula fields, relationship fields and nothing seems to do the trick. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi there. I was hoping someone could help with this issue. I contacted salesforce support and while they do not support validation rules they did say it can be done (though I have no idea how)

I am trying to create an opportunity validation rule on an opportunity so sales people cannot have certain opportunity products on a closed won deal.

The reason I am doing this is because we have a number of different line items falling under one product category. Often times early in a deal the sales people do not know specifically which line item it is, so there is a generic one. I dont want an opportunity to be closed won with one of those generic products as the sales person should know by then which specific product it is. 

Unfortunately when creating a validation rule I dont have access to opportunity products only pricebooks. I could create a generic pricebook with those generic products in it but I dont know to do that because if a sales person has one generic and one specific, you could add them (because they would be on different pricebooks)

So can anyone think of a validation rule that would work or a way around this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maybe I am going crazy and overthinking this one but I am trying to create a time based workflow that sends out emails when the close date of an opportunity is within 7 days, 1 day and finally assigns a task when a close date is in the past.

Now what usually happens is the opportunities that are often created and left out there (no one edits them) fall into this category. So what criteria should I use so it collects opportunities that already exist but no one touches?

Hi there

Is there a way to customize the "enter a task information picklist" under subject to be different from the schedule a follow up task picklist?

The salespeople here are saying that for a follow up task the subjects shouldnt be in past tense as it is something they plan to do in the future.

Anyone have any ideas or perhaps has done something like this?

Thanks!
C

Hi all

I am trying to create some type of validation rule where the "lead source" field is read only in certain scenarios. Basically our sales team both receives leads from the web & manually enters leads as well. Currently the lead source is a required field, but at any time the sales team can change the lead source since its not locked. I am looking to create something that allows them to enter a lead source when entering a new lead but does not let them change it if a lead source is already entered.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Christopher
Hi all

I am trying to create some type of validation rule where the "lead source" field is read only in certain scenarios. Basically our sales team both receives leads from the web & manually enters leads as well. Currently the lead source is a required field, but at any time the sales team can change the lead source since its not locked. I am looking to create something that allows them to enter a lead source when entering a new lead but does not let them change it if a lead source is already entered.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Christopher