• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Experienced Salesforce Architect / Developer. Owner of https://www.facebook.com/chicagosalesforceconsulting. I have some time on my schedule for a part time project. I specialize in Apex / Trigger / VF Dev. I do have some Flow experience.  I can provide onsite service in the Chicago Area but the majority of work is done remotely from my office.  I've completed large enterprise rewrites as well as small NPO customizations. Need someone that can provide the technical expertise but also understand your business? Shoot me a note. rick@chicagosalesforceconsulting.com.
  • May 26, 2015

Hello all.

Here is the use case....

Custom link used on the case page layout which calls a VF Page that displays content from an external server in an frame. Click the link hosted on the external server to call a VF Page. VF Page displays a button which will use the onclick event to attempt to set the current sub tab title using sforce.console.setTabTitle('My New Title');

Result....

Error: Permission denied for <https://c.na1.visual.force.com> to get property Window.xxxxIFrameName <https://na1.salesforce.com>. (No change of Tab Title)

---------

This is just a quick test to see if I could the sforce.console called by Javascript within a VF Page that exists in an iframe called by an external domain.. It does not appear that I can do this.. Is this possible.. are there any workarounds??  The goal here is that SFDC CRM interacts with an external app via iframing it.  There are some inconsistencies with the way i currently works with the service cloud console.. ie.. Primary tabs / subtabs...etc. I need actions triggered on that external iframe page.. ie.. back to case links to communicate with the api so i come back to SFDC Cases in with the correct tab mechanism.

Hmm. are we approacing the following unresolved idea???

http://sites.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=08730000000BpUNAA0

Thanks!

• November 29, 2010

The below yields Error: Compile Error: Field is not writeable: ContactShare.ContactId at line 5 column 21   This error message must be something different then what it's telling me.

How / Why is contactID not writable?

Just a quick example....  all comments on bad coding practices of not bulk enabling the trigger and hardcoding an id aside.. :)

trigger ContactCheckReferral on Contact (after insert ) {   
            for (Contact c : Trigger.new) {
                if(c.Consent_to_participate_in_network__c) {
                    ContactShare cs = new ContactShare();
                    cs.ContactId = cs.id;
                    cs.UserOrGroupId = '00GS0000000Ub0mMAC';
                    insert cs;
                }                           
            }
}

• June 30, 2010

Please forgive the naive question but aay I have Profile A - System Admins.... Profile B - System Admins.. How do I give Profile A the capability to perform full admin of Profile A and all it's users without also giving the capability to perform admin over profile B?

• April 23, 2010

I have a client that wishes the capability to search by Case subject as opposed to Case number when relating a case to an event as the case number is not known to them but the subject is.  As far as I can see.. this lookup only allows search by case number and is not customizable.. is there any way around this?

Thank you.

• April 14, 2010
Hello all, sorry for the noobie question  :)

I'm on a view of Case Details.  We have a custom solutions object with a custom button (ie. email solutions text) that will call an html scontrol (javascript / html)  that lays out an email form.  there can be many solutions for the case so the custom button was created with the option of displaying checkboxes.. I need to determine the value of the these checkboxes when the email solutions text button is clicked.

ie..
Case 1012012
Case Detail
KB Solutions   [btn email solutions text ]
x  Solution name..   Solution link
x  Solution name     Solution link

I'm seeing the html as below with what appears to be a dynamically generated id for the form??  I need this id to grab the values of the checkboxes but if it's dynamic and can change any time is there an easeir way?

ie.. method="post" id="massActionForm_50030000004otJ9_00N30000002IGX3" action=

• June 20, 2008
Hello all,

(SControl)

I have to assume that others ran into this issue.  I have a large amount of data to be sent to emailAuthor.jsp for the body of the email (plain text)  it could be 10k which I assume that at some point I'm going to run into issues forgetting about the fact that this really is abusing the queryString.

We do not want to do popups (we will use something like ..location.href )

I've tried playing with javascript timers but it just seems too inconsisent and risky in regards to keep the ability to reference the body object on emailAuthor.jsp before my scontrol redirects.

I'm really at a loss.. Any help would be appreciated!!!

• June 16, 2008
Experienced Salesforce Architect / Developer. Owner of https://www.facebook.com/chicagosalesforceconsulting. I have some time on my schedule for a part time project. I specialize in Apex / Trigger / VF Dev. I do have some Flow experience.  I can provide onsite service in the Chicago Area but the majority of work is done remotely from my office.  I've completed large enterprise rewrites as well as small NPO customizations. Need someone that can provide the technical expertise but also understand your business? Shoot me a note. rick@chicagosalesforceconsulting.com.
  • May 26, 2015

I have a client that wishes the capability to search by Case subject as opposed to Case number when relating a case to an event as the case number is not known to them but the subject is.  As far as I can see.. this lookup only allows search by case number and is not customizable.. is there any way around this?

Thank you.

• April 14, 2010

Hello all.

Here is the use case....

Custom link used on the case page layout which calls a VF Page that displays content from an external server in an frame. Click the link hosted on the external server to call a VF Page. VF Page displays a button which will use the onclick event to attempt to set the current sub tab title using sforce.console.setTabTitle('My New Title');

Result....

Error: Permission denied for <https://c.na1.visual.force.com> to get property Window.xxxxIFrameName <https://na1.salesforce.com>. (No change of Tab Title)

---------

This is just a quick test to see if I could the sforce.console called by Javascript within a VF Page that exists in an iframe called by an external domain.. It does not appear that I can do this.. Is this possible.. are there any workarounds??  The goal here is that SFDC CRM interacts with an external app via iframing it.  There are some inconsistencies with the way i currently works with the service cloud console.. ie.. Primary tabs / subtabs...etc. I need actions triggered on that external iframe page.. ie.. back to case links to communicate with the api so i come back to SFDC Cases in with the correct tab mechanism.

Hmm. are we approacing the following unresolved idea???

http://sites.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=08730000000BpUNAA0

Thanks!

• November 29, 2010

The below yields Error: Compile Error: Field is not writeable: ContactShare.ContactId at line 5 column 21   This error message must be something different then what it's telling me.

How / Why is contactID not writable?

Just a quick example....  all comments on bad coding practices of not bulk enabling the trigger and hardcoding an id aside.. :)

trigger ContactCheckReferral on Contact (after insert ) {   
            for (Contact c : Trigger.new) {
                if(c.Consent_to_participate_in_network__c) {
                    ContactShare cs = new ContactShare();
                    cs.ContactId = cs.id;
                    cs.UserOrGroupId = '00GS0000000Ub0mMAC';
                    insert cs;
                }                           
            }
}

• June 30, 2010

Please forgive the naive question but aay I have Profile A - System Admins.... Profile B - System Admins.. How do I give Profile A the capability to perform full admin of Profile A and all it's users without also giving the capability to perform admin over profile B?

• April 23, 2010

Is it possible to add a group of users as invitee to an event (so the event would appear in each one of these users agenda), or is it only possible to invite single users (or leads/contacts) one at a time?

Answers are much appreciated.

Regards,

Martin.

Thank you.

• April 14, 2010
Hello all,

(SControl)

I have to assume that others ran into this issue.  I have a large amount of data to be sent to emailAuthor.jsp for the body of the email (plain text)  it could be 10k which I assume that at some point I'm going to run into issues forgetting about the fact that this really is abusing the queryString.

We do not want to do popups (we will use something like ..location.href )

I've tried playing with javascript timers but it just seems too inconsisent and risky in regards to keep the ability to reference the body object on emailAuthor.jsp before my scontrol redirects.

I'm really at a loss.. Any help would be appreciated!!!

• June 16, 2008
Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but I can't figure out how to deactivate a trigger in a production environment. I created a simple trigger in the sandbox, tested and deployed it to production. Everything works fine and the trigger works as expected in production. However now I would like to deactivate and/or undeploy it from production. In the sandbox I can edit the trigger and uncheck the IsActive field, but I can't edit the trigger in production (I am the system administrator) because there is no Edit link.

I tried deactivating in the sandbox and then redeploying to production, but that didn't work either. Do I need to write a deployment script, access the metadata, use Ant? Without the ability to roll back triggers from production, I can't use Apex. What am I missing? I searched all the documentation and this forum and didn't find anything other than references to the UI checkbox, which doesn't exist in production.

Mark

Message Edited by MarkL on 02-21-2008 09:48 AM