• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello-

Been trying to configure Jitterbit, and have successfully logged in to SF, gotten the SessionID and URL I need, but when I go back to the API to run my operation (in this case an upsert()), I get a SOAP error back from Salesforce:

The web service returned a SOAP Fault: Code: soapenv:Client Message: '' is not a valid value for the enum 'ExecutionLogType' The server returned the following headers: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Server: Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Content-Length: 332

Despite my best efforts, I can't seem to find any information on ExecutionLogType, either in the WSDL, or in Salesforces API documentation (nor Jitterbit's for that matter).  Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

CRM/Salesforce Consultant

This is the job description for our CRM/Salesforce Consultant position. We have two openings.

Organizational Background

NPower Seattle is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help other nonprofits use technology to better serve their communities.  NPower Seattle provides services to Washington state nonprofits to assist them in planning for, implementing, and effectively employing technology tools to achieve their organizational goals.

In 2008, NPower Seattle served over 575 nonprofits by providing over 15,400 hours of direct consulting service and training over 1,100 nonprofit employees and volunteers. 

NPower Seattle has built a CRM and database team that specializes in implementing Salesforce.com for nonprofits.  As more nonprofits take advantage of this innovative platform, NPower’s database services are in high demand. Our CRM program is having a positive impact on the ability of our nonprofit clients to reach out to constituents, analyze their effectiveness, and meet their goals.

Job Description

This Consultant works with NPower’s nonprofit customers to design, implement, and maintain the databases used to manage relationships with clients, constituents, and funders.

The ideal candidate will:

• Have experience implementing constituent relationship management systems (CRM) with the Salesforce.com platform
  • Be able to understand nonprofit business needs such as donor management, volunteer management, case management or service tracking systems
  • Have strong project management skills
  • Have prior consulting experience

Position Information:

• Reports to:  Manager of Web and Database Services
  • Hours/FTE: 40 hours a week
  • Job Status: Full-time
  • FLSA Status:  Exempt

Duties

Direct Service Delivery (90%)

• Provide direct technology assistance to customers in the following areas:
  • Working from technical specifications created by a Senior Consultant, design and implement customized CRM databases using the Salesforce.com platform
  • Analyze and migrate existing databases from various platforms: Access, Filemaker, eTapestry
  • Provide training and ongoing support for CRM customers—support with report building, data quality, new integrations, etc.

Administration (10%)

• Enter all client communications, interactions, billing, and scheduling information in the NPower information systems databases per instruction
  • Stay abreast of the latest technological changes in focus area

Qualifications

Technical (Preference given to those candidates accomplishing the following in a nonprofit setting)

• Minimum 1 year experience with CRM system implementation using Salesforce.com
  • Minimum 3 years experience creating and managing projects in relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, or Access
  • Minimum 3 years experience writing, testing, and deploying code in at least one of the following technical environments:
  • Salesforce.com, Java, JavaScript, Python, C++, C#, VB
  • Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain clear technical documentation.
  • Salesforce.com or other technical certification a plus.

General

• Prior work experience in the nonprofit sector and passionate about the work nonprofits do
  • Self-motivated and driven to exceed customer and project goals, while contributing to a successful team
  • A critical thinker with strong analytical skills
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience

Customer-focused skills

• Excellent customer service skills
  • Excellent project management skills with software deployments
  • Ability to convey technical information to non-technical customers
  • Prior consulting experience preferred but not required

Salary/Benefits

Salary range is $48K - 56K DOQ.  Paid sick, vacation and holiday leave time provided.

Employment Policy

As an equal opportunity employer, NPower embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.

To apply

To apply, send resume and cover letter to Jobs@NPowerSeattle.org

Have an Enterprise edition account that I'm in the process of developing, and deployed classes and triggers valid and active from a sandbox over into production. When they arrived in production, the classes were valid, and a handful of triggers were valid, however, I have three triggers that are 'Active', but not valid. The dependencies are all there and in place, however, I cannot validate, delete, or otherwise modify the triggers.  When I redeploy the valid triggers from the sandbox back to production in an attempt to overwrite, they too become invalid.

Any suggestions on things I may be missing that would cause them to become invalid without becoming inactive, or is there anyway to revalidate, or otherwise confirm what is causing them to become invalid?  Better yet, anybody know of a way to force validation? I'd love to at least be able to RUN them so I could see errors/dependencies are causing the invalidation!!!

Thanks,

K

Could somebody please provide an example of using this function? While I'm in love with my APEX Dev Manual, it's not so great with the examples ;)

I need to round a decimal value using the UP roundingMode, but can't figure out how to set it all properly...

Thanks!

Hello-

Been trying to configure Jitterbit, and have successfully logged in to SF, gotten the SessionID and URL I need, but when I go back to the API to run my operation (in this case an upsert()), I get a SOAP error back from Salesforce:

The web service returned a SOAP Fault: Code: soapenv:Client Message: '' is not a valid value for the enum 'ExecutionLogType' The server returned the following headers: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Server: Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Content-Length: 332

Despite my best efforts, I can't seem to find any information on ExecutionLogType, either in the WSDL, or in Salesforces API documentation (nor Jitterbit's for that matter).  Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have created some batch apex code alongwith other triggers and class/controller codes. 

When I run individual test methods on them, I am able to get test success result alongwith nice code coverage %. However when I run all tests together, I get following test failure errors:-

1)System.AsyncException: Database.executeBatch cannot be called from a batch or future method.

2)System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: changeOwners(String, String)

3)System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: getLead_Rollup_Amount(Id)

4)System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: changeOwners(String, String)

Please note again that the exceptions dont come when tested individually.

Please advise on same.

Thanks,

Vimal 

Hi

I work on a (distributed) team of two on our SFDC Enterprise Edition instance.  My colleague noticed a problem with the deployment tool the other day where candidates for deployment do not accurately reflect the differences between the production env and the sandbox from which we are deploying.  I didn't notice the problem until today but now I'm seeing the same thing.  Totally new Custom Objects show up as 'No Action' although they should show as 'Add', changed VF pages and Apex classes show as No Action although they should show as overwrite.  

Is there something corrupt with the Schema file or with metadata files associated with the code assets?

thanks

g

• August 14, 2009

Please help.  We are very new to using Eclipse as a deployment tool. 

We have a validation rule that is attached to a Custom Object.  When we try to deploy just the validation rule, I get an error that says:

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    objects/Plan__c.object
   Full Name:  Plan__c
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: Must specify a non-empty label for the CustomObject

I've reviewed the Plan__c object label and plural label and they are both populated with a value, so this must be related to something different. 

We've been able to do the same kind of validation rule deployment from Standard Objects without issue. 

I got it to work by deploying the entire Custom Object (which picks up all fields, rules, etc.), which was fine in this case.  However, there may be times where we do not wish to deploy the entire object.  Can you please tell me what can be done to alleviate the error we are receiving?

Thanks for any and all help.

Message Edited by eleemoody on 07-28-2009 09:47 AM

Have an Enterprise edition account that I'm in the process of developing, and deployed classes and triggers valid and active from a sandbox over into production. When they arrived in production, the classes were valid, and a handful of triggers were valid, however, I have three triggers that are 'Active', but not valid. The dependencies are all there and in place, however, I cannot validate, delete, or otherwise modify the triggers.  When I redeploy the valid triggers from the sandbox back to production in an attempt to overwrite, they too become invalid.

Any suggestions on things I may be missing that would cause them to become invalid without becoming inactive, or is there anyway to revalidate, or otherwise confirm what is causing them to become invalid?  Better yet, anybody know of a way to force validation? I'd love to at least be able to RUN them so I could see errors/dependencies are causing the invalidation!!!

Thanks,

K

Hi Happy Holidays...
I have a number(5,2) field and when I try to update it through apex code I get the following statement

Error: Compile Error: Illegal assignment from Double to Integer

I have it written like so:
Integer intg=pos.Days_Pend;

intg='1.0';

Does anyone know how to fix this??
I successfully wrote a class to update a date field, and used that to build a class that updates a number field, both on a before insert/before update trigger.

The date one works great.  The number class worked, and then didn't, but it was working in a dev environment at one time, though I could not get it to deploy to server.  I cannot find for the life of me what is going on.  It runs the test and tells me that the Actual is null in the assertion.

Here is the class as well as the code.  If there is ANY suggestions please!  Basically, I am using four values, 'months' , 'initial rent' , and 'percent increase', and 'escalation month' to determine the total cost of a lease agreement.  The escalation month is the month in which the rent goes up each 12 month cycle, by the 'percent increase' amount.

As I said this was working, but ever since I tried to deploy it it is choking now.  I have a separate trigger for each class, both with the same parameters, but the other one launches the date update class, which is working fine.  They are very similar in structure.  In fact I used the date one as a model to help build the number update.....

Code:
trigger SiteLeaseCumCostTrigger on Site_Lease_Contract__c (before insert, before update) {

SiteLeaseCumCostClass.SiteLeaseCumCostTrigger( Trigger.new );

}

Code:
public class SiteLeaseCumCostClass {

public static void SiteLeaseCumCostTrigger(Site_Lease_Contract__c[] newSiteLeaseCumCost) {
  for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++) {

Double mthsD = newSiteLeaseCumCost[i].Lease_Term_In_Months__c;
   Double escmthD = newSiteLeaseCumCost[i].Escalation_Month__c;

Integer mths = mthsD.intValue();
   Integer escmth = escmthD.intValue();

Double trm1cost = (escmth-1) * newSiteLeaseCumCost[i].Initial_Rent__c;
   Double numflltrmsD = math.floor(((mthsD-(escmthD-1))/12));
   Integer numflltrms = numflltrmsD.intValue();
   Integer lsttrm = mths - ((numflltrms * 12) + (escmth-1));

Double trm2cost = 0;
   Double escpct = newSiteLeaseCumCost[i].Escalation_Amount__c/100;
   Integer k;

Double intrnt = newSiteLeaseCumCost[i].Initial_Rent__c;

for (Integer j = 1; j < numflltrms+1;j++) {
    trm2cost = 12*(math.pow(1+escpct,j)*intrnt) + trm2cost;
    k=j;
   }

k = k+1;

Double trm3cost = (12-(escmth-1))*(math.pow(1+escpct,k)*intrnt);
   Double alltrmcost = trm1cost + trm2cost + trm3cost;

newSiteLeaseCumCost[i].Cum_Cost__c = alltrmcost;
  }   
 }

static testMethod void SiteLeaseCumCostTrigger(){

double cst0 = 3861.8125;
  Site_Lessor__c lessor = new Site_Lessor__c(Name='Testing2');
  insert lessor;

Site_Lease_Contract__c t = new Site_Lease_Contract__c(Site_Lessor__c=lessor.Id,Name='Name1',Lease_Term_In_Months__c=36,Escalation_Month__c=8,Initial_Rent__c=100.00,Escalation_Amount__c=5.00);
  insert t;

Site_Lease_Contract__c testCumCost1=[select id, Cum_Cost__c from Site_Lease_Contract__c where id = :t.Id];

system.assertEquals(cst0,testCumCost1.Cum_Cost__c);

}
}

• December 16, 2008
HI..

How to convert double value into integer..

My code is

integer percent;
double total;
public integer getPercentage()
{
      percent=integer.valueof(total);
      return percent;
}

here total is double value..

While I click runtest I got

System error : Type Exception
Invalid Integer 0.0

I need a round value...

Now I am using

double percent;
double total;
public double getPercentage()
{
      percent=Math.round(total);
      return percent;
}

I got a answer like 10.0 (with .0) ..  I want to display 10 only..

integer percent;
double total;
public integer getPercentage()
{
      string temp=string.valueof(total);
      percent=integer.valueof(temp);
      return percent;
}

The above code is deployed without error.. When I run this page I got a error like invalid integer 10.334532421

This visual force page is used for PDF generation ...

Hi Everyone!..

I’m pretty new to SalesForce, soI hope you can help…

I have a trigger which is fired off by an insert into an object (this data is inserted through an API call by an external web app).

The inserted data is XML, which after parsing returns a SalesForce UserId of a particular user (among other peaces of data). Depending on the received data numerous actions occur, but the last step is inserting a Task record (as if that user has created this Task through UI).

Here’s my problem: I need to insert a Task record by assigning a Default RecordType to be what is defined in the users Profile for a Task.

In other words, I need to (somehow) get a Task Default RecordTypeId for a particular User (whose User.Id is known).

Intuitively, I feel this should not be tough to accomplish (as I’m definitely not the first who is inserting a Task for a known user), but being fairly new to SalesForce I can not figure out how to make a connection between a User.Id and the location where a Task Default RecordType for a Profile is stored...

Any ideas guys?..

Thanks!

-Alex

• December 11, 2008
Does anyone know how to set up an automatic feed between Salesforce and a mass email system? (We use www.myemma.com)

• December 11, 2008
Hi,

I created a table in SF and for one of the fields I chose Number as data type. When I view the table in eclipse the field is displaying double as its data type. I do not want that field to be declared as double just need to be an Integer.

How can I solve this, quick help would be appreciated.

kathyani
I have a map instance of two strings. Each record is a zip code and a text literal (for example <90210, 'IP'> or <90210, 'RP'> ). The combination of both values makes each record unique.

In my bulk load process, I have a need where I need to query against this Map object. I haven't seen where anyone has done this and I'm wondering what kind of syntax I should use.

My select statement looks like this - I need help on the where clause
Code:

Map<String, String> zips = new Map<String, String>();

// Simplified example
zips.put('90210','IP');
for(Zip_Code__c zip_code:[select Name, Sales_Rep__c from Zip_Code__c where Name in :zips]) 
{
// Some action code here
}

What I really want to do is something like:
select Name, Sales_Rep__c from Zip_Code__c where Name = zips.key AND IP_or_RP__c = zips.value

How do I do that?
I'm mass updating task ownership for 500 or so tasks to new users through the Apex Data Loader 11.  My csv has two fields: Id, Assigned To.  I do an Update command, map, ect, run and I get 'assertion failed' as the error for each record.  I'm running with SA profile so security shouldn't be an issue.  I want to be able to update these tasks to new users.