• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello -

I have recently created a custom object that will help our organization manage and report on a referral program we have developed. The object is called Marketing Programs and it helps us track the progress between existing clients and our associates in the referral program and the leads generated by the specific client. To track the leads generated, I have created a related list custom object that appears on both the Lead View and the Contact View. From the Lead view we are able to see what contacts have referred us to the lead and date, and on the contact view we are able to see a list of people our contact/client has referred us too.

So getting down to my question....

As a result of this information, I am wanting to create a custom report that is based on Lead Activity but also includes the "referred" by field from the related list called - "Referral Program - Lead Tracking" (which is the related lists that shows who referred what)

Basically what I want is a report that shows: Referred By, Lead Name, Lead Phone, Lead Mobile, and activities related.

A lead may show up more than once on the report if they have been referred in by multiple people.

I have worked in the back end trying to create custom report types using various scenarios. I am able to create an activity report based off of lead alone, but the only thing that is missing is the "referred by" field from the custom related list.

Have spent maybe 4/5 hours on different scenarios and am hoping the professionals can give me additional direction.

I spoke to SFDC support and they said that i currently can not link the 2 objects to create the report that I want from the reporting tools, so I have 2 options. 

1. Create a custom formula that will auto populate a look up referred by field that would be placed on the Lead record - with the person who most recently provided the referral to the lead.

Or

2. Combine the info in Excel which would be very inefficient.

Does any one have any informaiton on how to get option 1 to work.  The issue is that we recievie mutliple referrals into one prospect and I want to track that information - so  the Look up field would just auto populate with the most recent person & date for the report.

Thanks,

• April 29, 2009
Hello-

Is there a way to create a custom object that would show up on the leads tab, and then when the lead is converted the information would transfer over to the Account/Contact record?

We track a substantial amount of marketing information pertained to each lead/contact account ranging from resource material, referal program, book purchases etc.  We currently are tracking this stuff in Activity/History, but this information is so specific and crticial to our organization that I would like to pull it out of the mass of information tracked in Activity/History and have a specific area where marketing activies are tracked.  My thought was to create a custom object for this type of material but have noticed that a related list custom object is not available in the Lead Page Format View.

If this isnt possible, does anyone have any suggestions for tracking this type of information some where else other than Acitivy History?

Thanks,
  • September 26, 2008
Hello-

I am trying to create an activity report across all users in our organization.  I've sent this question to SFDC, but have yet to hear any answer back (2 weeks ago) so thought I would ask here as well.

From SFDC support, they told me it was a sharing issue. 

I went to the Security areas and Sharing settings and created a public group that includes all of our users who need to access the notes.

cid:image001.jpg@01C918D6.9D0D91F0

All of our users are a part of the Public Group.  This Public Group is allowed to read/write all accounts/contacts that are owned by each "User Type/Role."  After I did this, the reporting worked.

I then went to run a report and asked to see All open and closed activities for All Activities and I am either getting nothing or just tasks that have been logged for me.

Can you please let me know what I may be doing wrong.
  • September 26, 2008
Hello

I am VERY new at the programming side of SFDC.  I need to create a new button on the Task area that reads "New Note."  We have to be able to report on our note/history and so as an organization we have to log our notes under Activities. 

What I would like this button to do, is open an activity and also pre-populate the subject line, with "Case/Note History."

Also, is there a way to program the button so only certain feilds are available in the screen and feilds are pre-populated? Meaning, the only items availalbe in the task screen for this button would be:
  • Assigned To:
  • Subject: Programmed to say: "Case Note/History"
  • Due Date (today) 
  • Related To
  • Name:
  • Priority
  • Comments:

Essentially it would be very similiar to the "Log A Call" but it wouldnt include the area to create a follow up task.

We have a lot more fields that are include in the Task/Activity form because we track various items in this list, so if the fields could be minimized based off the behaviour of the button, it would be less of a process nightmare.  I know the above isnt so basic, but thought i would put it out there to see if it is possible, and then if you had any suggestions for programming it.

Thank you,
  • September 26, 2008
Hello,

I am VERY new at the programming side of SFDC.  I need to create a new button on the Task area that reads "New Note."  We have to be able to report on our note/history and so as an organization we have to log our notes under Activities.  Our organization requires very basic and specific processes or they will not be comprehended, so I need to create this new custom button on the activities list.

What I would like this button to do, is open an activity and also pre-populate the subject line, with "Case/Note History."

Does anyone know the process/code for creating this button? 

Not sure if this is possible, but if the button also pulled up the Task page and it was able to be programmed to just show certain fields that would be AWESOME!!!!!  We currently track different things in our Tasks Activities and for the group of people that I work with, if when they clicked on "New Note" it would customize what fields appeared, it would be amazing.

Thanks!!!!!!

• August 05, 2008
Hello-

We are currently using Activities to track marketing material and tasks related specifically to potential revenue sources that are not defined as a traditional opportunity.  Is there a way to use the pre-filled subject headers as a dependent field?

For example, one of the subject lines is "Sent marketing material"  If this is chosen, then the picklists for marketing material are live and required, if not, then they are greyed out.

Thanks,
Hello-

I would like to create a rule for a product servicing date that is based off of a piclist. For example, if we place a term life insurance policy for 27 years, I would like for the date field to calculate from the issue date 26 years out, or one less year than the term length. 

I currently have the term lenght in a picklist ranging from 5-30 to allow for any type of funky policy placement.  So I would like for the date to calculate based upon the number that is chosen in the picklist. 

Is this possible, if so, can someone please help?
Can you use validation rules to make a text box so no information can be entered into it based upon a picklist?

If so, how would you go about it?

Also, is there is way to force formatting to 3 lines for a additional text box that is for a maling address?

Thanks!
Hello-

Is there a way to create a custom object that would show up on the leads tab, and then when the lead is converted the information would transfer over to the Account/Contact record?

We track a substantial amount of marketing information pertained to each lead/contact account ranging from resource material, referal program, book purchases etc.  We currently are tracking this stuff in Activity/History, but this information is so specific and crticial to our organization that I would like to pull it out of the mass of information tracked in Activity/History and have a specific area where marketing activies are tracked.  My thought was to create a custom object for this type of material but have noticed that a related list custom object is not available in the Lead Page Format View.

If this isnt possible, does anyone have any suggestions for tracking this type of information some where else other than Acitivy History?

Thanks,
  • September 26, 2008
Hello-

I am trying to create an activity report across all users in our organization.  I've sent this question to SFDC, but have yet to hear any answer back (2 weeks ago) so thought I would ask here as well.

From SFDC support, they told me it was a sharing issue. 

I went to the Security areas and Sharing settings and created a public group that includes all of our users who need to access the notes.

cid:image001.jpg@01C918D6.9D0D91F0

All of our users are a part of the Public Group.  This Public Group is allowed to read/write all accounts/contacts that are owned by each "User Type/Role."  After I did this, the reporting worked.

I then went to run a report and asked to see All open and closed activities for All Activities and I am either getting nothing or just tasks that have been logged for me.

Can you please let me know what I may be doing wrong.
  • September 26, 2008
Hello

I am VERY new at the programming side of SFDC.  I need to create a new button on the Task area that reads "New Note."  We have to be able to report on our note/history and so as an organization we have to log our notes under Activities. 

Also, is there a way to program the button so only certain feilds are available in the screen and feilds are pre-populated? Meaning, the only items availalbe in the task screen for this button would be:
  • Assigned To:
  • Subject: Programmed to say: "Case Note/History"
  • Due Date (today) 
  • Related To
  • Name:
  • Priority
  • Comments:

Essentially it would be very similiar to the "Log A Call" but it wouldnt include the area to create a follow up task.

We have a lot more fields that are include in the Task/Activity form because we track various items in this list, so if the fields could be minimized based off the behaviour of the button, it would be less of a process nightmare.  I know the above isnt so basic, but thought i would put it out there to see if it is possible, and then if you had any suggestions for programming it.

Thank you,
  • September 26, 2008
Hello,

I am VERY new at the programming side of SFDC.  I need to create a new button on the Task area that reads "New Note."  We have to be able to report on our note/history and so as an organization we have to log our notes under Activities.  Our organization requires very basic and specific processes or they will not be comprehended, so I need to create this new custom button on the activities list.

Does anyone know the process/code for creating this button? 

Not sure if this is possible, but if the button also pulled up the Task page and it was able to be programmed to just show certain fields that would be AWESOME!!!!!  We currently track different things in our Tasks Activities and for the group of people that I work with, if when they clicked on "New Note" it would customize what fields appeared, it would be amazing.

Thanks!!!!!!

• August 05, 2008
Hello-

I would like to create a rule for a product servicing date that is based off of a piclist. For example, if we place a term life insurance policy for 27 years, I would like for the date field to calculate from the issue date 26 years out, or one less year than the term length. 

I currently have the term lenght in a picklist ranging from 5-30 to allow for any type of funky policy placement.  So I would like for the date to calculate based upon the number that is chosen in the picklist. 

Is this possible, if so, can someone please help?
I'm trying to implement an "upcoming birthdays" report as described here:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/analytics/2007/12/if-youre-like-m.html

except that

1. the images in that blog post are broken, and
2. i don't want to install the entire appexchange package (9 components) when all I really need to see is the formula field definition for "Next Birthday."

Anyone have this package installed already and willing to share the formula? Thanks!

Aaron
  • February 11, 2008