• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any way to update a list managed and loaded from a server-side visualforce controller via javascript? Obviously I can extend the drop down on the client side that is attached to the list, but on post back it errors off saying the value is not valid.

Thanks!

Zack 

I'm attempting to run code when a user logs in to check for overdue opportunities and then create a task and reminder to let the user know. My first thought was to create a trigger on the User object and check for differences in the LastLoginDate field, but this doesn't seem to work. I can see the field updating as it should, and the trigger runs and checks when doing an explicit update to user fields through Setup, but nothing seems to get run on login.

Any ideas? 

I've been tasked with automating updates to the Dated Exchange Rates; however, I can't seem to figure out how to work with the API to get what I need accomplished. I assume that since there's no create() call allowed on the object, that the update() call will do the backend work for me as far as capping off the old DatedConversionRate's NextStartDate based on the StartDate of the new DatedExchangeRate and then create a new record with the other information provided.

So I tried implementing the update() call, and I get a error response saying "A duplicate value was specified for field 'Id' in object 'DatedConversionRate', duplicate value '<Id value provided>' prior value '<Id value provided>'." Ok, so given the previous assumption based on allowing only update() calls on the object, maybe it doesn't require an Id in the call. Alas, "Id not specified in an update call."

At this point, I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks!

My problem is that I need to be able to calculate the multiplicative result of two fields inside the loop and then display that result in an outputText field.

The first thing I tried was to see if it was possible to multiply the two fields together inside the SOQL statement and have the result inside the result set, but SOQL doesn't seem to support that. The next thing I tried was to see if I could make a call back to the Apex code I'm using as an extension to multiply the fields as they're rendered, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make a function call such as that from visualforce. The next thought was to possibly use a javascript call to multiply and render client-side, but there doesn't seem to be any intuitive way to accomplish that either.

Am I on the wrong train of thought? Did I miss something? Or is there merely no feasible way at this point in time to accomplish anything such as this?

Thanks!

Is there any way to update a list managed and loaded from a server-side visualforce controller via javascript? Obviously I can extend the drop down on the client side that is attached to the list, but on post back it errors off saying the value is not valid.

Thanks!

Zack 

I'm attempting to run code when a user logs in to check for overdue opportunities and then create a task and reminder to let the user know. My first thought was to create a trigger on the User object and check for differences in the LastLoginDate field, but this doesn't seem to work. I can see the field updating as it should, and the trigger runs and checks when doing an explicit update to user fields through Setup, but nothing seems to get run on login.

Any ideas? 

I've been tasked with automating updates to the Dated Exchange Rates; however, I can't seem to figure out how to work with the API to get what I need accomplished. I assume that since there's no create() call allowed on the object, that the update() call will do the backend work for me as far as capping off the old DatedConversionRate's NextStartDate based on the StartDate of the new DatedExchangeRate and then create a new record with the other information provided.

So I tried implementing the update() call, and I get a error response saying "A duplicate value was specified for field 'Id' in object 'DatedConversionRate', duplicate value '<Id value provided>' prior value '<Id value provided>'." Ok, so given the previous assumption based on allowing only update() calls on the object, maybe it doesn't require an Id in the call. Alas, "Id not specified in an update call."

At this point, I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks!