• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am trying to get two-way SSL authentication working between Salesforce and my Tomcat server so I can send encrypted web service calls from Salesforce.  One way works just fine.  However, when I try using the Client Certificate that I downloaded from Setup > App Setup > Develop > API, it gets rejected with a "bad_certificate" IO Exception because Salesforce's certificate expired in 2004 (!!).  I'm not the only one having this problem (see http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=19703)  Does anyone know where the new certificate is?
  • July 22, 2008
Does anyone know which Metadata API component(s) is(are) "responsible" for overrides of stock buttons and custom list views?  None of them is the obvious "owner" of these items and we'd rather not have to manually implement these in our next deployment.

Mauricio Parra
Has anyone heard of or worked with an application that  can manage inventory.

Hi,

I got SFDC support to enable Person Account on one of our Sandbox, let's call it Dev1. Did the development on it and attempted to deploy the changes to our UAT sandbox, which also had the Person Account enabled, using Force.com IDE.

Issues:

1. The Force.com IDE does not retrieve the Person Account record types when you open the Account.object file from Dev1 even after multiple refresh from server attempts. I've got the setting below in the package.xml too. Am I missing something?

Code:
<types>
    <members>*</members>
    <members>Account</members>
</types>

2. I also get the following error for the page layout when I validate the deployment

Code:
# Deploy Results:
   Name:    unpackaged/layouts/Account-REC Marketing Individual.layout
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: Layout must contain an item for required layout field: ParentId

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Sai.

I'm trying to setup eclipse for sforce api development enviroment!

I had already dowloaded and install :

jdk1.6.0_06

jre6

plus i have also install

axis1.4 on Apache tomcat6 Plus Eclipse with WSDL2Java Plugin from http://sforce.sourceforge.net/

HONESTLY, I'm LOST right now and can't figure out the steps to setup eclipse and be able to start using sforce API

Did tried to work around by placing the pluggin com.myspotter.wsdl2java_1.2.0 into eclipse pluggin directory;

Then created a dynamic web project in eclipse, added the liabraries in axis\WEB-INF\lib into my oroject build path.

After i downloaded the enterprise WSDL and saved it onto a directory on my project area.

Then i imported into my dynamic web project, right clicked on it to select WSDL2JAVA and generate - which did generate all the object. Cool:smileysurprised:

Now i have created a servlet which contains the sample wrapper class and doesnt seem to resolve the import as shown below eventhough the objects have been generated.

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.AssignmentRuleHeader;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.LoginResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.QueryOptions;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.QueryResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SaveResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SessionHeader;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.InvalidIdFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.InvalidSObjectFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.LoginFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.UnexpectedErrorFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.sobject.SObject;

Do anyone know what i am doing wrong? help me experts:smileysad: - is taking me more than a week to setup my enviroment for this project.

PS. The WSDL objects are generated in a directory stracture instead of package reference structure in source -- do anyone know why?

Please Help

for this code:

private void describeSObjectsSample()
{
try {
DescribeSObjectResult[] describeSObjectResults =
binding.describeSObjects(
new String[] {"account", "contact", "lead"});
for (int x=0;x<describeSObjectResults.length;x++)
{
DescribeSObjectResult describeSObjectResult = describeSObjectResults[x];
// Retrieve fields from the results
Field[] fields = describeSObjectResult.getFields();
// Get the name of the object
String objectName = describeSObjectResult.getName();
// Get some flags
boolean isActivateable = describeSObjectResult.isActivateable();
System.out.println(
"Object name: " + objectName);
// Many other values are accessible
if (fields != null)
{
// Iterate through the fields to get properties for each field
for (int i = 0; i < fields.length; i++)
{
Field field = fields[i];
int byteLength = field.getByteLength();
int digits = field.getDigits();
String label = field.getLabel();
int length = field.getLength();
String name = field.getName();
PicklistEntry[] picklistValues = field.getPicklistValues();
int precision = field.getPrecision();
String[] referenceTos = field.getReferenceTo();
int scale = field.getScale();
FieldType fieldType = field.getType();
boolean fieldIsCreateable = field.isCreateable();
System.out.println(
"Field name: " + name);
// Determine whether there are picklist values
if (picklistValues != null && picklistValues[0] != null)
{
System.out.println(
"Picklist values = ");
for (int j = 0; j < picklistValues.length; j++)
{
if (picklistValues[j].getLabel() != null)
{
System.out.println(
" Item: " +
picklistValues[j].getLabel());
}
}
}
// Determine whether this field refers to another object
if (referenceTos != null && referenceTos[0] != null)
{
System.out.println(
"Field references the following objects:");
for (int j = 0; j < referenceTos.length; j++)
{
System.out.println(
" " + referenceTos[j]);
}
}
}
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex) {
System.out.println(
"\nFailed to get object descriptions, error message was: \n" +
ex.getMessage());
}
}
}
----------------------------

in this line appear one error--> DescribeSObjectResult[] describeSObjectResults =
binding.describeSObjects(new String[] {"account", "contact", "lead"});

quickstart2.java:27: cannot find symbol
ÏϧÏsymbol : variable binding
ÏϧÏlocation: class org.salesforce.quickstart.quickstart2
ÏÏ§Ï binding.describeSObjects(new String[] {"account", "contact", "lead"});

I suppose i need an import, but i don't know which.

THANKS!

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

I am facing issues in installation of Force IDE for Eclipse. Please note the details of installed Java, Eclipse and Force IDE.

- Java: 1.5.0-b64

- Eclipse Version: 3.3.0

- Force IDE 13.0..200806130415

The issue is the Plug-in installs well and I can even open the Force.com Prospective. But when I try to create a Force.com Project it throws an error:

Unable to load applicaiton context

Unable to load bean factory from /config/application-context.xml: Error creating bean with name 'customObjectMetadata' defined in class path resource [config/components.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'util:constant#1b7f97b' of type [org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean] while setting bean property 'sharingModel'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'util:constant#1b7f97b': Post-processing of the FactoryBean's object failed; nested exception is java.lang.StackOverflowError

Your help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Harmandeep

Hi Experts!

Do anyone have an idea how to connect my app server in eclipse to support my soap services to the sforce API?
Hi experts,

Do anyone know why i can't resolve any of these impoirts in eclispe?

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.AssignmentRuleHeader;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.LoginResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.QueryOptions;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.QueryResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SaveResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SessionHeader;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.InvalidIdFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.InvalidSObjectFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.LoginFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.UnexpectedErrorFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.sobject.SObject;

All of the above cannot be resolved and really confuse! i have got all the classes generated from the enterprise WSDL also i have added the axis2 libraries to my build path! any technical advice?

B

Message Edited by Losintikfos on 07-16-2008 02:53 AM

Message Edited by Losintikfos on 07-16-2008 02:53 AM

Message Edited by Losintikfos on 07-16-2008 02:54 AM
Hi!
I would like to integrate Exacttarget with salesforce.  In the top rigth select Exacttarget has been already integrated as a new app but when I click on the tap "exacttarget" in salesforce the message is:

Your Salesforce account has not been fully enabled to use this feature within Salesforce.  Please contact your system administrator.

After I would like to be able to send auto-resonse emails using Exacttarget instead of Salesforce, is this posible?

thanks,

Cristina.
I've been using the Force.com IDE since it was called the Apex plugin for Eclipse.  Today I had some trouble on it on Eclipse 3.2, so I got a brand new, clean copy of Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and installed it.  I fired up Eclipse 3.3 and installed the Force.com toolkit with its dependency (WST or whatever it was).  Everything seemed to go well.  Eclipse restarted itself.

Upon restart, though, I could see no trace of the Force.com IDE.  There was no way to create an Apex (or Force.com) project.  There is no Force.com perspective.  Everything seems to be MIA.  Meanwhile, if I go up to Help->Manage Configuration, the Force.com IDE is listed there and seems to think that it is installed properly.

I have tried disabling it, cleaning it out and reinstalling, but to no avail -- upon my second installation (which also appeared to go well), there were no Force.com items available upon restart.

What gives here?  Has anyone had this issue before, and if so, how did you fix it?