• 533 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've recently started working with Salesforce, so this is all still pretty new to me. I just got OAuth working with the PHP Toolkit, and I'm not able to perform queries. Great! The trouble is I'm a little perplexed by what I'm getting.

In any Records object, I'm getting three fields: Id, any, and type. Id and type make sense, but any seems to be xml for every non-id column I've queried.. I am using the Partners.wsdl, and I understand it's loosely typed. Is this a consequence of using that? It's just unfortunate that I'll have to parse every value for every object. That can result in a  lot of overhead.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Hi All,

Can anyone please guide me the exact material which I have to study to clear 401 certification exam.

Also if possible please highlight the main topics which I have to study, some sample questions.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

With Best,

TechForce

Hi,

I'm about to choose whether to go greenfield with my business application or use Force's existing platform.  Being used to seeing metrics from Apple's App Store such as the size of the audience, the average price of an app, the most successful level of pricing for an app etc., and with this in mind could someone please fill me in on the likelihood and seriousness of monetising an app with the Force.com Platform, with an example or two please.

I'm also aware of an affiliate/partnership program, if this helps with promotion, or there are other avenues for promotion it would be interesting to hear people's experiences with these too.

Thanks, Arie

Hi,

We need below report format 

AccountName      state        License Key         Date                               check           see           total

-------------------       -------         --------------           ------                                ---------          ------         --------

Accc                          ca             xxxxxx                  10-1-2010                       20                 12             32

11-13-2010                    14                 14             28

1-3-2011                        10                  5              15

Total                                44                   31             75

I tried summary report but failed to figure it out how to add date values.

Appreciate your response.

d   

Hi,

can anyone tell me, how to open this file in our computer to see its content?

It is an exported source file.

Thanks in advance!

• March 08, 2011

Hi,

How can i get the field types based on field names?

Support if the field name is City__c and type is Text(20).

Based on field name only i need to get the field type.

How is it possible.

Please help me.

Regards:

Ramya

I know this might seem like working backwards, but I have some users who are wondering if it's possible to create a case from a task.  Some of them have tasks that they set up to do on a regular basis, and oftentimes when completing those tasks, they run into issues or items that need to be further reviewed.  They would like to be able to take the details of the task and move them into a case.

Is there an easy way to do this? 

• November 03, 2010

My requirement is

1) I have a custom Object "objectA"

2) I have also created different custom objects types "CustomCar", "CustomBus", "CustomTruck" and there could be more like these. 

3) Is there a way to create a picklist or something similar in objectA that has all these object types populated from step 2, so that when i am creating an object of type objectA i can select these object types and save? 

We are completing the build of a native Apex application (called PIMS) on Force.com to host on the Appexchange.  Our application does not integrate with Salesforce.com CRM objects but our application does use the Accounts object.   In other words, our customers do not need to be running SFDC CRM in order to use our PIMS app. 

We had originally planned that our customers would download our application from the Appexchange into a new Org.

Questions:

1) If our customer already uses Salesforce CRM and therefore has an org already provisioned, can our PIMS app be installed in their same Org?

2) If our customer was able to install our PIMS app into their existing SFDC org, would our PIMS app be allowed to use the existing Accounts object which our customer has already filled with data?  I don’t think our customer would be too happy to create a second Org solely for our PIMS app, and replicate Accounts data into the new Org in order to use our PIMS app.

3) We have added custom fields to the Accounts object as part of our PIMS app to be downloaded with our managed package.  If our customer was able to install our PIMS app into their existing SFDC org, would these custom fields be available?

Thanks!

• April 03, 2010
Going through the Developer Tutorial (pdf) and need to locate the Location.csv file to import data for custom object as part of the lesson.  Text reads: "This file is available from the Code Share project for this book and has the name of Location.csv."  I searched under the Code Share and only found a previous posting raising this question a year ago with no solution found.  Thanks for any insight you can provide!
  • March 20, 2010
How do I query Opportunities, OpportunityLineItems and OpportunityLineItemSchedules in the same query when they don't have a parent / child relationship.

I have a requirement to kick an update in my on-premise system whenever updates are done to certain fields within SalesForce.com. 

Basically I need to subscribe to some sort of update in Salesforce and push that update down to my on-premise system in some form or fashion in real-time.

I really don't know how to look this up as everything I search for points me to posts about pushing data up to salesforce. Thanks in advance for any help.

akirpalani

Hi
i know it's something basic but i don't understand :(

i get this error
Fatal error: Class 'QueryResult' not found in C:\scripts\index.php on line 12

from this code:

require_once("c:/php/sforce/soapclient/SforceEnterpriseClient.php");
require_once ('c:/php/sforce/soapclient/SforceHeaderOptions.php');
require_once ('c:/php/sforce/userAuth.php');
$conn= new SforceEnterpriseClient();
$conn->createconnection("enterprise.wsdl.xml");
$mylogin=$conn->login($myusername,$mypassword);
$query="select firstname,lastname,email from contact where username__c='abcdefgh'";

$response=$conn->query($query);
$queryresult = new QueryResult($response);
foreach ($queryresult->records as $result) {

$Name= $result->fields->firstname;
print_r("
name is ");
print_r ($Name);
}

thanks for any help
tammy

I've built an app that utilizes salesforce, it's an application for cold calling, so it must interface with my external server to initiate telephone calls--however the application (flex), and all database storage is done natively on the force.com platform, and will be hosted in the cloud. The only item I must access an external server for is initiating a telephone call. No user data, or records are ever sent to my servers, just the phone number to inititate a call to. Would I get away with declaring this as a Native app? I'm a small startup, and at this point, paying $5,000 for a security review would be out of the question.

Thanks.

--matt

www.hellohunter.com 

Hello,

We've been getting this error in the log file since this morning, probably something that was changed in our Exchange server but we haven't figured outwhat it is:

"Message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."

The username and password are correct and everything is correct in our email2case settings.

Any ideas? Our email provider seems to be out of solutions...

Thank you!!

We are in need of creating a way to send our clients follow up reminders after support has replied asking for more information, clarification etc.

What we need is to have a trigger, workflow (which ever is best) fire off a templated email 3 days after a request has been sent to the client asking for additional information. If no response is received after two additional days, then have the case closed.

Is there anyway to accomplish something like this? Maybe even a better way?

Thanks!

Message Edited by cased19 on 03-04-2009 11:44 AM
I'm using Session ID + URL in connection with the RESTful API of Salesforce.  Is there any way to get the User ID of the user via the REST interface?

Please note, I'm not using oAuth so all the answers that say "when you autenticate via oAuth you get a Idenity Service URL" don't work for me since I don't get that URL.  Also, that URL includes the User ID so if I was able to generate it, then I'd already know the information I needed to kow.

Unless someone can explain otherwise, the Idenity URL is unavailable to me unless I can figure out the User ID:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=remoteaccess_using_openid.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=remoteaccess_using_openid.htm&language=en_US)
I've worked with PHP for years and the PHP process is easy.  I'm migrating my app over to Ruby on Rails, expecting that I can support all the things I expected with PHP but at least I can't find any documentation to support that.

So simple question, via a Web Tab I can pass Session ID and Partner API URL.  Can this at all be used with the Ruby Gem designed by Salesforce way back in 2011?

Salesforce, with their ownership of Ruby on Rails site Heroku doesn't have any documentation about how to connect with an application knowing the Session ID.  My VisualForce code, as far as I can tell, wouldn't be able to authenicate the user with the remote Ruby on Rails server either since there's no way to use OAuth via Visual Force, though I can get Session ID and Partner URL via Visual Force.

We do database integrations with many Salesforce clients and are getting Out of Storage noticies from a large percentage of our clients.  It's not all of them, just a high enough percentage that I'm worried.  I can't seem to find any ryme or reason either.  NA11, NA8, NA1 ... don't see any issues with NA2 or with some other instances (though that could just be luck).

I'm trying to retrieve a list of Standard & Custom Objects to display to the user. Since this is a 3rd party integration, I need to somehow get this list from the API or Meta API. Does anyone have any ideas on how one might get that list? More so, I'd like to know the mapping (such as 00Q is Lead). I'm looking for something like DescribeSObject but that would return an object list rather than field list.

I've signed up twice and never recieved the email with the GoToMeeting link.  Does anyone know the URL for the meeting?  I'm on the call bridge (Salesforce makes that available to people who have registered under the "If you didn't get the email, here's the info" but it doesn't include the GoToMeeting.  Silly Salesforce!

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_web_services_methods_considerations.htm

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_and_ajax.htm

Great examples on how to create a WebService function.  So now that I've created one, how do I call them using one of the many Toolkits?  It seems that I have no idea how to execute one of my webservices.  I would like to stay inside the toolkit as much as possible.

// Okay, we're in, new WSDL?
    $wsdl = '/var/www/html/salesforce/soapclient/mytest.wsdl.xml';
    $mySourceConnection = new SforcePartnerClient();
    $mySourceConnection->createConnection($wsdl);
    $mySourceConnection->setSessionHeader($mySforceConnection->getSessionId());
    $mySourceConnection->setEndpoint($mySforceConnection->getLocation());

$whoId = '003A0000007N1FP';
    $templateId = '00XA0000000lHSd'; // Welcome email

$mySourceConnection->execute('MyWebService', 'sendEmail', array('WhoId' => $whoId, 'TemplateId' => $template);
But there is no execute() command as part of the Partner API (though I have an old Toolkit).  Maybe there is another way to do this correctly?

My application has passed the security review (go Aloha apps!) but I still have issues with Professional Edition accounts and API access.  What's the current method of doing this?  I tried setting the Client ID:

$mySforceConnection->setClientId('CLIENT_ID');

But that doesn't seem to be the current method:

Call to undefined method SforcePartnerClient::setClientId()

So what do people recommend I try next?

Salesforce states:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_describesobjects_describesobjectresult.htm

"Three-character prefix code in the object ID. Object IDs are prefixed with three-character codes that specify the type of the object. For example, Account objects have a prefix of 001 and Opportunity objects have a prefix of 006. Note that a key prefix can sometimes be shared by multiple objects so it does not always uniquely identify an object."

Can someone tell me what is meant by that last sentence?  Are you just saying that multiple organizations could have different objects that share the same prefix or are you saying that within the same organization that multiple object types can have the same prefix?

I'm having some odd issues once in a while with either a trigger or a workflow rule not running correctly. Not exactly sure what's going on at the moment, but solving the problem is not my question for here.

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to capture a log of what happens within an organization for some period of time?  I believe I can capture a DEBUG log for a single user, but is there anything that would allow me to capture the data for all users?  I'm not going to get the information I want unless I know all the triggers and workflows that are running regardless of user.  I'd be happy to limit it to a certain object type (ie, Leads) if that was needed, but single users aren't going to work (unless I can capture the data in multiple single user DEBUG logs).

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the features of Service Cloud.  It's just not a well polished product it seems.  Does anyone know if you can change the order of the Data Categories?

http://www.salesforce.com/crm/customer-service-support/knowledge-base-system/

The order is:
1) Products & Services
2) Topics
3) Plan Type
4) Location

But everything I do gets reverted to Alphabetical Order.  Even the Salesforce Knwolegebase demo shows the order being custom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcOm0TNvKBA

The order is:
1) Products
2) Customer Type
3) Geography

But no, little old me has no ability to change the order.  Salesforce Customer Support says I should submit the idea on IdeaExchange but the feature is in every demo!

SELECT Id FROM Lead WHERE LastModifiedDate = 2010-05-03 doesn't work of corse since it's looking for a DateTime.  But do I really need to do a search on 20010-05-03T00:00:00 to 2010-05-04T00:00;00.  When creating a Lead View, I can define a specific date and have everything work out behind the scene.  Just wondering if there is a better way then to define the range.

I would like to be able to change the Campaign Member Status (ie, Responded) via an update to a Lead field.  Wanted to try doing it with Workflow, but I don't seem able to do it.  I expect, as with everything, it can be done with a Trigger.  Any pointers would be helpful.

"The new Force.com IDE for Spring '10 will be released on April 19th"

Okay, it's April 19th now.  Give me, give me!

Force.com IDE 3.5.x

I have a custom setting that I want to be able to see the value of via the API.

"Custom settings that have Privacy defined as Public are exposed to the API in the same way custom objects are exposed."

But how do I match that to the user I'm logged in as?  It's not like the Id's returned are the same as ProfileIds.

PS: Sorry for the double posting of this.

Message Edited by NBlasgen on 01-24-2010 09:43 PM

I have a custom setting that I want to be able to see the value of via the API.

"Custom settings that have Privacy defined as Public are exposed to the API in the same way custom objects are exposed."

But how do I match that to the user I'm logged in as?  It's not like the Id's returned are the same as ProfileIds.

There must be a way to do this easier than I am right now:

SELECT id , who.id, ActivityDateTime FROM event WHERE Subject like '%goto_%

Then I iterate though the results and perform the next query.

SELECT id, FirstName, LastName, LastActivityDate FROM Lead WHERE DemoAttendee__c = False

Must be a way to make it into a single query.  The 2nd one is only valid for about 30% of the returned items from the first query and it makes it very inefficient.

By the way, I have no need for any of the data in the first query.  I just need the Lead object returned--it has everything I want.

I have a VisualForce page with many different rendering options based on different vars being set.  One of the pages (if step=2) will display a Lead object.  But on that page if the user clicks any of the buttons, the Return URL is set to the generic name of the VisualForce page.  Is there any easy way to override the Return URL for all buttons on the page?  I've seen examples where you can override a single button's retURL but I'm looking for a more global option.

I have an application that logs a call automaticly via the API.  This was fine for the first 5 customers, but now I've run into a known issue but an issue we never corrected.  A new client has "Done" set to be their version of a Compleated Task.  And I can see that future clients may have multiple "IsClosed" names for their Tasks.  Is there any way to get a list of Status names that will close a task?

I've tried doing a Describe on Tasks and it only returns the list of Status names and which is default.

I can use new SelectOption('value', 'label') to create many dropdown (<select>) options but how do I create groups around them?  <optgroup> is a fairly common HTML tag and I can't figure out how to make half the list be in one <optgroup> and the 2nd half in another <optgroup> but still part of the same dropdown.

With some luck someone understands what I mean and can point me in the right direction.  Best I can do now is think about how to do it with javascript after the page renders.

I'm using the Force.com API and am trying to find a way to update the user's Recent Items list.  I don't see any table that contains the Recent Items, but maybe there is something else I can do?
I'm using Session ID + URL in connection with the RESTful API of Salesforce.  Is there any way to get the User ID of the user via the REST interface?

Please note, I'm not using oAuth so all the answers that say "when you autenticate via oAuth you get a Idenity Service URL" don't work for me since I don't get that URL.  Also, that URL includes the User ID so if I was able to generate it, then I'd already know the information I needed to kow.

Unless someone can explain otherwise, the Idenity URL is unavailable to me unless I can figure out the User ID:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=remoteaccess_using_openid.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=remoteaccess_using_openid.htm&language=en_US)
I've worked with PHP for years and the PHP process is easy.  I'm migrating my app over to Ruby on Rails, expecting that I can support all the things I expected with PHP but at least I can't find any documentation to support that.

So simple question, via a Web Tab I can pass Session ID and Partner API URL.  Can this at all be used with the Ruby Gem designed by Salesforce way back in 2011?

Salesforce, with their ownership of Ruby on Rails site Heroku doesn't have any documentation about how to connect with an application knowing the Session ID.  My VisualForce code, as far as I can tell, wouldn't be able to authenicate the user with the remote Ruby on Rails server either since there's no way to use OAuth via Visual Force, though I can get Session ID and Partner URL via Visual Force.
Is it possible to only refresh a page block(not the whole page) after click the commandButton?

I know we can use "rerender" to render a page block, but along with "rerender",  the whole page is refreshed. That is not i wanted.

I read the developer guide of VF, it describes commandButton as:
"The button executes an action defined by a controller, and then either refreshes the current page, or navigates to a different page based on the PageReference variable that is returned by the action."

It seems the "refresh" action must be happened once use commandButton.

Is there any away to avoid refreshing the whole page?
I've recently started working with Salesforce, so this is all still pretty new to me. I just got OAuth working with the PHP Toolkit, and I'm not able to perform queries. Great! The trouble is I'm a little perplexed by what I'm getting.

In any Records object, I'm getting three fields: Id, any, and type. Id and type make sense, but any seems to be xml for every non-id column I've queried.. I am using the Partners.wsdl, and I understand it's loosely typed. Is this a consequence of using that? It's just unfortunate that I'll have to parse every value for every object. That can result in a  lot of overhead.

Thanks for any and all advice!

I've tried calling Google, Go Daddy who is our server for our web site and just about anyone who I thought could help, I started getting these about a week ago . Has anyone else run into this problem and are there any solutions out there?

Here is a typical e-mail address from where they are being sent tlhgfmqhvu@lxrrlf there are many other addresses but they are all in this form.

I get anywhere from 30 to 70 a day............ Please help!

We do database integrations with many Salesforce clients and are getting Out of Storage noticies from a large percentage of our clients.  It's not all of them, just a high enough percentage that I'm worried.  I can't seem to find any ryme or reason either.  NA11, NA8, NA1 ... don't see any issues with NA2 or with some other instances (though that could just be luck).

I'm trying to retrieve a list of Standard & Custom Objects to display to the user. Since this is a 3rd party integration, I need to somehow get this list from the API or Meta API. Does anyone have any ideas on how one might get that list? More so, I'd like to know the mapping (such as 00Q is Lead). I'm looking for something like DescribeSObject but that would return an object list rather than field list.

Hi All,

Can anyone please guide me the exact material which I have to study to clear 401 certification exam.

Also if possible please highlight the main topics which I have to study, some sample questions.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

With Best,

TechForce

Hi,

I'm about to choose whether to go greenfield with my business application or use Force's existing platform.  Being used to seeing metrics from Apple's App Store such as the size of the audience, the average price of an app, the most successful level of pricing for an app etc., and with this in mind could someone please fill me in on the likelihood and seriousness of monetising an app with the Force.com Platform, with an example or two please.

I'm also aware of an affiliate/partnership program, if this helps with promotion, or there are other avenues for promotion it would be interesting to hear people's experiences with these too.

Thanks, Arie

Hi everyone,

I'd like to use wildcards for Remote Site settings.

For example, it's https://*.test.com.

Please let me know if you have any solutions.

Thanks,

Seiji

Hi all..
I am able to connect salesforce using PHP toolkit in sandbox.
But when i am try to connect production org i am getting this type of error.
Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [INVALID_LOGIN] INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. in /home/sites/public_html/sales/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php:155 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call('login', Array) #1 /home/sites//public_html/sales/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php(155): SoapClient->login(Array) #2 /home/sites/public_html/sales/Upload.php(33): SforceBaseClient->login('username.', 'password+token') #3 {main} thrown in /home/sites/public_html/sales/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 155
here my username , password and security tokan is correct ,
than why i am getting this type of error ??
please reply me its urgent ..
Thank you 
piyush

I am writing an apex class and need the two standard fields StartDay and EndDay of standard object User in my method. But when I am Querying them the error shown is:

Error: Compile Error: No such column 'StartDay' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 13 column 20

Can somebody help me to how to access these two fields?

How can this be turned off or remove it from the page layout?  Or how can I hack the url to go to a dead end?

Cannot find the button in SFDC.  Help! 

Error: common.request.servlet.PageDispatcher$Hack404 
ErrorError: null 

Here I am trying to display pickiest value using a datatable and column am getting following error ,what does this means

<apex:page> <apex:dataTable value="{!ObjectName}" var ="Object Label Name"> <apex:column> {!PicklistField} </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:page>

• April 29, 2009
I've noticed there are a few missing fields that are available as merge fields in formulas, but are not available in SOQL/Apex or visible when performing a describeObject. This is in a developer edition org, I have not tried other editions.

On the User Object:
* Start of Day (StartDay) - available in formula editor
* End of Day (EndDay) - available in formula editor

On the Organization Object:
* GoogleAppsDomain - available in formula editor under $Organization variable.

On the Event/Task Objects:
* Visible in Self-Service (IsVisibleInSelfService) - available in formula editor.

Is this an oversight in the API or intentional? Any chance it will be fixed in Winter '09?

Thanks,

George
  • September 03, 2008
Hi,

We have created a time based workflow (to trigger say 2 days before scheduled date, a custom datetime field). After activating this workflow,  we are not able to convert leads to accounts and the system throws the following error message in the convert lead page:

Error: Unable to convert lead that is in use by workflow"

Is there a way to fix this issue as we need to convert the leads even if the workflow has not been triggerd for a particular lead.

Appreciate all your response.

Thanks