Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I have a problem exactly the same as in this post:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9062I000000XsBCQA0

We have a javascript button in classic. Using the Lightning Experience Configuration Converter, a lightning component and controller were automatically generated. However, the new action button generated by Salesforce and placed on the page layout does not seem to be working.

The button is clicked and the component modal pops up for a second, then quickly goes away and goes to an invalid record page.

Unfortunately no solution was posted for the issue.

Button is pressed, modal dialog box appears, apex code is called, records are updated properly.  All of that is fine.  But at the end of all of it, it is supposed to pop up an alert box giving the status.  Then the prior record screen should be shown after a refresh.  The modal dialog box disappears and we see the "this page isn't available in salesforce lightning experience or mobile app" message on the background screen.

Thanks for any help in resolving this.

Bryan Hunt
Hello,

I was working on testing some metadata updates on a 31.0 sandbox.  I downloaded both the most recent enterprise API and the most recent metadata api.  I also did a sandbox refresh before starting testing.

I found that, post login, my loginresult object had a null value in the metadataserverurl property, which we use in the metadataservice url property.

I was able to manually manipulate the url to get past the issue.

After testing, we switched to production and the metadataserverurl property was set properly after the login.

Is there some reason why the property would not be set in the sandbox when it is set properly in production?

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt
I have seen threads with dozens of questions about this over the last 6-7 years, all with the answer of "can't be done".  But, I keep hoping that each new version of SFDC might include a way of accomplishing it, so I'll ask the question once again.

I would like to use SOQL to query a parent object based on whether it does or does not have any child records (whether MD or Lookup).

The perfect query would be something like: 
- SELECT Id FROM Account WHERE COUNT(Contacts__r) = 0
or
- SELECT Id FROM Account WHERE Contacts__r.size() = 0
or
- SELECT Id FROM Account WHERE Contacts__r = null

From what I have found in threads as late as 2013, this does not appear to be possible.

Is that still the case in the Summer 2014 release?

It would appear that (for my needs) the best way to execute this type of query would be to:
- SELECT Name, (SELECT name FROM Contacts) FROM Account
- Then programmatically check the size of the returned set of Contacts

Is this my best option?  I know that I could:
- SELECT Id, Name FROM Account WHERE Id IN (SELECT AccountId FROM Contact)
But the actual objects that I want to interogate are more that the 50k limit for this type of query.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

Hello,

We have a custom SObject called Project. 

We have Opportunities related to Projects via a Lookup field. 

Sales Reps that are working on a specific Project create Opportunities against that Project.  These Opportunities show in a Related List on the Project record.

I would like to create a View on the Projects tab called "Projects I Am Working On".  The criteria would be: Show a list of all Project records that have a related Opportunity that I am the Owner of.  Unfortunately there is no way to enter that type of criteria in a new standard View.

My thought is to write a new VF page and controller to perform this function.  That should be simple enough.

But, can I have that appear in my drop-down list of Project Views?  Right next to the "All Projects" option?  Or would I have to create a custom button?

Is this the correct way to create this functionality, or is there a better method using something built-in that I am not aware of?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Bryan Hunt

Hello,

I am trying to code two VF pages that share one controller. The first page displays some data along with a selection table. The second page renders the output as a PDF page.

All works well except the display of the "selected items" table. After the user presses the "Generate RMA" button, I create a new list with all of the rows that were selected in the first page. Nothing displays for this table. All other data displays correctly.

I will upload the code for all three objects.

One observation: I have one field that I display on the second page that I don't display on the first (Claim__c.Claim_Company__c). Nothing would ever display on the second page for that field until I included it as a hidden input field on the first page. Then it worked perfectly. The table object that will not display is also a field that never appears on the first page. Could this be a similar issue?

An update:

I added these two lines in the ClaimRMAPDFTemplate:

{!selectedCDLIs[0].Claim_LI_Total_Claim_Quantity_Involved__c}
{!CDLIs[0].CDLI.Claim_LI_Total_Claim_Quantity_Involved__c}

The first returned no value, the second returned the quantity from the first row of the selection table.

This again seems to indicate that the selected-row-list (created in savePDF method, appears to be empty in the ClaimRMAPDFTemplate. I have system.debug statements that show that the list is definitely populated.

Why does the second page see no data in that list?

My whole purpose for the second list is to exclude the rows in the first list that were not selected. Is it possible to simply skip rows in the second VF page that are not selected? I was experimenting with the "rendered" attribute. I could make it work on the column component, but not on the datatable component.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

Hello,

We have created a new Object that has multiple record types.

We want users to be able to see all of the record types, but to always use a specific record type when creating an instance of the object.

We thought this would work by setting the default in Record Type Settings for the Profiles that access the Object.

But, when pressing the New button for the Object, users are still presented with a picklist for which Record Type that they want to create.

We can stop that behavior by logging into each user and going into their My Personal Information/Record Type Selection setup and checking the box.  But this is a rather unwieldy method of controlling the access, and allows our users to go back and uncheck the box and go back to a picklist format.

Is there a better way to control this?

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

Hello,

I was working on testing some metadata updates on a 31.0 sandbox.  I downloaded both the most recent enterprise API and the most recent metadata api.  I also did a sandbox refresh before starting testing.

I found that, post login, my loginresult object had a null value in the metadataserverurl property, which we use in the metadataservice url property.

After testing, we switched to production and the metadataserverurl property was set properly after the login.

Is there some reason why the property would not be set in the sandbox when it is set properly in production?

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt
I have seen threads with dozens of questions about this over the last 6-7 years, all with the answer of "can't be done".  But, I keep hoping that each new version of SFDC might include a way of accomplishing it, so I'll ask the question once again.

I would like to use SOQL to query a parent object based on whether it does or does not have any child records (whether MD or Lookup).

or
or

From what I have found in threads as late as 2013, this does not appear to be possible.

It would appear that (for my needs) the best way to execute this type of query would be to:

But the actual objects that I want to interogate are more that the 50k limit for this type of query.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt
Hello,

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

or
or

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

Hello,

We have a custom SObject called Project. 

We have Opportunities related to Projects via a Lookup field. 

Sales Reps that are working on a specific Project create Opportunities against that Project.  These Opportunities show in a Related List on the Project record.

I would like to create a View on the Projects tab called "Projects I Am Working On".  The criteria would be: Show a list of all Project records that have a related Opportunity that I am the Owner of.  Unfortunately there is no way to enter that type of criteria in a new standard View.

My thought is to write a new VF page and controller to perform this function.  That should be simple enough.

But, can I have that appear in my drop-down list of Project Views?  Right next to the "All Projects" option?  Or would I have to create a custom button?

Is this the correct way to create this functionality, or is there a better method using something built-in that I am not aware of?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Bryan Hunt

Hello,

I am trying to code two VF pages that share one controller. The first page displays some data along with a selection table. The second page renders the output as a PDF page.

All works well except the display of the "selected items" table. After the user presses the "Generate RMA" button, I create a new list with all of the rows that were selected in the first page. Nothing displays for this table. All other data displays correctly.

I will upload the code for all three objects.

One observation: I have one field that I display on the second page that I don't display on the first (Claim__c.Claim_Company__c). Nothing would ever display on the second page for that field until I included it as a hidden input field on the first page. Then it worked perfectly. The table object that will not display is also a field that never appears on the first page. Could this be a similar issue?

An update:

I added these two lines in the ClaimRMAPDFTemplate:

{!selectedCDLIs[0].Claim_LI_Total_Claim_Quantity_Involved__c}
{!CDLIs[0].CDLI.Claim_LI_Total_Claim_Quantity_Involved__c}

The first returned no value, the second returned the quantity from the first row of the selection table.

This again seems to indicate that the selected-row-list (created in savePDF method, appears to be empty in the ClaimRMAPDFTemplate. I have system.debug statements that show that the list is definitely populated.

Why does the second page see no data in that list?

My whole purpose for the second list is to exclude the rows in the first list that were not selected. Is it possible to simply skip rows in the second VF page that are not selected? I was experimenting with the "rendered" attribute. I could make it work on the column component, but not on the datatable component.

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

hi

I need to pass a list which consist of values retrieved by a query in one vf page and the page will be redirected to another page and there i need to show the all records in the list is it possible. if so can any body share process or example of a code.

Thanks in advance for your help.