• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I tried to find an answer to this with search, but haven't been successful.  Using SF Professional Edition.

I am taking support tickets from an external system and loading them into CASES in SF.  This seems to work fine, I am using VLOOKUPs to cross ref the contact/owner IDs as well as some other fields.

The one issue I am having is I would like the CASE # in SF to keep the same number in my existing system.

Case Number is an AUTONUMBER in SF and I think that is causing me the issue.  I can't modify the definition of that field, or I would start there.

For example, we have the autonumber in SF to start with Case# 15000.  Our existing system has 200+ cases (support tickets) in the range of 7000-13000.  I would like to retain that number, as it is what our customers have records of.

Anyone successful in updating the CASE # in SF?  I have tried to INSERT/UPDATE with the SF XL connector, but it does not touch that field.  It actually inserts all new records with the *next* autonumber.
I tried to find an answer to this with search, but haven't been successful.  Using SF Professional Edition.

I am taking support tickets from an external system and loading them into CASES in SF.  This seems to work fine, I am using VLOOKUPs to cross ref the contact/owner IDs as well as some other fields.

The one issue I am having is I would like the CASE # in SF to keep the same number in my existing system.

Case Number is an AUTONUMBER in SF and I think that is causing me the issue.  I can't modify the definition of that field, or I would start there.

For example, we have the autonumber in SF to start with Case# 15000.  Our existing system has 200+ cases (support tickets) in the range of 7000-13000.  I would like to retain that number, as it is what our customers have records of.

Anyone successful in updating the CASE # in SF?  I have tried to INSERT/UPDATE with the SF XL connector, but it does not touch that field.  It actually inserts all new records with the *next* autonumber.
I have generated a report that has about 29,000 contacts that are owned by previous employees who are no longer active users. Because the contact owner is not active we can't make changes to the account name field in Salesforce. I can export this report as a .csv. How then do I use the excel connector to update the contact owners name and re-import into Salesforce?
  • December 05, 2008
Does someone have some way (code) to remove the "Powered by salesforce.com" logo from the self-service portal page? We desperatly need to get rid of that logo on our customer facing web portal.

Thanks