• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I just installed the Winter '09 Force.com IDE for Eclipse 3.3.2 on Windows XP.  I'm able to successfully create a Force.com project, connect to the service, and download the contents of a package.  But, when I try to access the Schema Browser, I get a dialog with the following error:

Unable to open Schema Browser

Reason: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I also get a series of errors in the Forec.com IDE Log Viewer:

WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,069] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,085] (BaseBuilder.java:checkSkipBuilder:77) - Skipping build - user credentials not found
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,428] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:94) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 LoginFault: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isConnectionExceptionRetryable:130) - Connection evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 LoginFault: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
ERROR [2009-02-24 10:56:16,709] (SchemaBrowser.java:createPages:172) - Unable to open Schema Browser
com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.InvalidLoginException: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Now, I know that the user isn't locked out because I just downloaded the package contents, and downloading again works successfully.  It's only the Schema Browser that presents a problem.

I also checked the Login History in the Salesforce org that I'm trying to connect to, and I see one successful login followed by a failed login.

x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:26:37 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductInvalid PasswordJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/ASOAP Partner15.0
x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:25:02 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductSuccessJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/A

I am not using a Security Token since I am connecting via a trusted IP address.

Any idea what's going on or how to fix?

• February 24, 2009

Is the code assist in Spring 09 IDE supposed to work for Lists?

In this code:

public class test {
    String s;
    List<String> ll = new List<String>();

public test() {
        ll.       
    }
}

if I hit ctrl-space after the ll., I get a null pointer exception in eclipse. Should it work on lists?

It also looks like it handles content-assist on std objects, but not custom objects? (objects, not classes)

Thanks!

I recently upgraded to the Winter 09 edition for the Force.com IDE.  I've completely uninstalled the previous version, followed the new installation instructions to the letter (I think!) and have successfully downloaded and installed the Winter 09 version.  However, when I try to create a new Force.com Project, I get the following error:

The selected wizard could not be started.  Reason:  Plug-in com.salesforce.ide.ui was unable to load class com.salesforce.ide.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.

I'm running on top of MyEclipse 6.0.1, which in turn is running on top of Eclipse Platform 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129.  I had no problems with the previous version of the IDE (Summer 08 I think).  Can anyone shed any light on what I may be doing wrong or need to do?

Thanks in advance!

I am using Eclipse 3.3.2 with the latest version of the Force.com IDE 13.0.0.200806130415.  If any of the salesforce code is loaded, for example opening the force.com perspective, the help contents will not load anymore.  If I open up Eclipse and make sure that only the java perspective loads then the help contents opens fine.  I have pasted the exceptions that are written to the Eclipse error log below.  Right now the workaround is to close the force.com perspective and any code files that are open prior to closing Eclipse.  Then when Eclipse starts back up no salesforce code is loaded.  You can then launch the help before opening the force.com perspective and code files from your project.

!ENTRY com.salesforce.toolkit 1 0 2008-08-23 09:19:44.098
 !MESSAGE INFO [09:19:44] (ApexCodeEditor.java:doSetInput:222) - Set resource attributes on 'src/unpackaged/classes/clsAssociateMethods.cls'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2008-08-23 09:20:53.426
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager.updated(HttpServerManager.java:78) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.Activator.startServer(Activator.java:208) at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.JettyConfigurator.startServer(JettyConfigurator.java:60) at org.eclipse.help.internal.server.WebappManager.start(WebappManager.java:43) at org.eclipse.help.internal.base.BaseHelpSystem.ensureWebappRunning(BaseHelpSystem.java:187) at org.eclipse.help.internal.base.HelpDisplay.displayHelpURL(HelpDisplay.java:152) at org.eclipse.help.internal.base.HelpDisplay.displayHelp(HelpDisplay.java:42) at org.eclipse.help.ui.internal.DefaultHelpUI.displayHelp(DefaultHelpUI.java:125) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.help.WorkbenchHelpSystem.displayHelp(WorkbenchHelpSystem.java:833) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.HelpContentsAction$1.run(HelpContentsAction.java:83) at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.HelpContentsAction.run(HelpContentsAction.java:81) at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498) at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546) at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490) at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466) at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461) at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173) Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@deea66 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category) (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@deea66 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category)) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209) at org.mortbay.log.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:28) at org.mortbay.util.Container.<clinit>(Container.java:39) ... 40 more Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@deea66 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:413) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:529) ... 44 more Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:410) ... 45 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.Category at java.lang.ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:429) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) ... 50 more

!ENTRY com.salesforce.toolkit 1 0 2008-08-23 09:20:57.035
!MESSAGE INFO [09:20:57] (ToolkitPlugin.java:stop:90) - Stopping com.salesforce.toolkit plugin
  • August 23, 2008