• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for a formula to use in a validation rule that would restrict users from changing the value of our Account type field to any Partner related value.  Ideally I'd like only certain users to be able to change the value.  I came up with this one but it doesn't work:

AND(
ISCHANGED(Type),
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- Bus Dev" ),
ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner - Consultant" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- Distributor" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- Inactive" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- Pending Paperwork" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- Referral" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- Technology" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"Partner -- VAR/Reseller" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"VAR-IT DISTI" ), ISPICKVAL(Type,"VAR-PA DISTI" ), ISPICKVAL(Type,"VAR-IT" ), ISPICKVAL(Type,"VAR-PA" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"DISTI-IT" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"DISTI-PA" ),ISPICKVAL(Type,"ISV" ), $User.Username <> 'XXX@imprivata.com', <> 'XXX@imprivata.com',$User.Username <> 'XXX@imprivata.com')

Any suggestions?

• October 27, 2009
We are looking to install a new CHAT app that will integrate with SFDC.  I'm looking for info from a user perspective on your experience specific to your integrated CHAT product.  What are you using and pros and cons for it?  We have just begun our research and Live Person is the app we starting with.  I'm hoping someone has a user experience they can share. 

Thanks.
  • August 27, 2008