• 150 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to create a trigger to send an email notification to the original creator of a case anytime a Case Comment is added.  I've tried everything and I can not get the syntax correct.  Can anyone offer any suggestions.  I keep getting an error with the query statement stating unexpected token 'cc'

The code I have is:

trigger NotifyCaseCreator on CaseComment (after delete, after insert, after undelete,after update) {

for(CaseComment cc:[select parent.createdby.email from cc where id = cc record id]){
    Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
    String[] toAddresses = new String[] {cc};
     }  
           mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
           mail.setSubject('A New Case Comment Has Been Added');
           string msg = 'A Comment has been added to a Case that you had created.  The Comment was added by UserID:';

for (CaseComment u : Trigger.new) {
          msg = msg + u.CreatedBy;
         }

mail.setHtmlBody(msg);

Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}

hello, i' m new to salesforce and i really have no idea how to make a map to show all my client account on it, i will need it to be able to see witch client  are close to the one i' m going to visit. I' ll be really glad if someone can be so nice to help me out with it.

thanks for reading this message
Message Edited by ninfh on 03-24-2010 01:31 PM
Message Edited by ninfh on 03-24-2010 01:34 PM
  • March 24, 2010

I have the following method that takes as an argument a list of fulfillments:

public static void processRelatedAccounts(List<Fulfillment__c> fulfillments) { Set<String> TopLevelAccountIds = new Set<String>(); Set<Id> originalAccountIds = new Set<Id>(); for (Fulfillment__c f : fulfillments) { TopLevelAccountIds.add(f.Parent_Account_Id_Top_Level__c); } for (Fulfillment__c f : fulfillments) { originalAccountIds.add(f.account__c); } Map<String, List<Account>> mapRelatedAccounts = new Map<String, List<Account>>(); List<Account> relatedAccounts = [Select Id From Account Where Parent_Account_Id_Top_Level__c in: TopLevelAccountIds AND Id not in: originalAccountIds]; List<Fulfillment__c> fuls = new List<Fulfillment__c>(); for (Fulfillment__c f: fulfillments) { mapRelatedAccounts.put(f.Parent_Account_Id_Top_Level__c, relatedAccounts); } for (Fulfillment__c f : fulfillments) { if (mapRelatedAccounts.containsKey(f.Parent_Account_Id_Top_Level__c)) { List<Account> accountsFromMap = mapRelatedAccounts.get(f.Parent_Account_Id_Top_Level__c); for (Account a : accountsFromMap) { Fulfillment__c ful = new Fulfillment__c(); ful.Contact__c = f.Contact__c; ful.Account__c = a.Id; ful.Fulfillment_Request__c = f.Fulfillment_Request__c; fuls.add(ful); } } } insert fuls; }

Each fulfillment has an (Account)Lookup field named Account__c.  In the last section of code where I have the nested loop and am looping thru each fulfillment, how can I check if the next iteration of the outer loop (fulfillment__c) has the same account id?

I don't want to process the inner loop that creates new fulfillments for the same account id.

For example, if I pass in 4 fulfillments and the first two fulfillments have Test Account 1 and the next 2 fulfillments have Test Account 2.  I only want to process the fulfillments for Test Account 1 and Test Account 2 only once.  Not twice.

How can I check if the accountId has already been processed?

Thanks.

I am setting up a demo for a client that is in the consulting business.  I am using the Services Project Manager application from Application Exchange as a starting point.  One of my requirements is that any "Contact" can be staffed as a resource on a project.  I am thinking the best way to implement this is to create a bi-directional link between "Resource" and "Contact."  I modified Resource to reference Contact but I want to be able to see that relationship from within the Contact record too.  

More importantly, is this the best way to implement this requirement.  Would it make more sense to use a "Master-Detail" relationship and write some trigger to create an empty Resource whenever a contact is created?  Or should I just start hacking the Services Project Manger to use Contacts as Resources rather than Resource Objects?

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth

Is there any way to see what content that a specific user has downloaded?  I'd prefer to be able to generate a report (either using code or GUI solutions) that shows all Content that was downloaded by Portal users in the last X hours.  I can't find any object that allows me to do this, but I'm sure someone else has come up against this as well.

Thanks!

Is there any way to put a trigger on a ContentDocument?  I would like to have an action fire after one is deleted from the system, but it looks like I can only create a trigger on ContentVersion.

Any thoughts?

I have the following code on a visualforce page:

<apex:outputText escape="false" >
 <h1>
  {!description}
 </h1>
</apex:outputText>

Where description is a string in my component that is set as the following:

description = 'Description:<ul><li>Bullet Point</li></ul>';

Unfortunately the output on the screen is:

Description:<ul><li>Bullet Point</li></ul>

Where the h1 tags are working correctly, but anything that comes from the string value in the controller is displayed literally.  Is there any way to display the string as I'm hoping, with the list being displayed properly?

Thanks!

in my code I have the following statement:

for(Node child : curNode.children){    			
  //do anything	    	
}

Which is throwing a null pointer exception when curNode.children is null. I would expect, that if curNode.children were null, than it would not execute the for loop.  I can execute a repeat statement in Visualforce using curNode.children as the value and it works fine.  I also have many of these for loops scattered throughout a lot of code and have never had an issue before, but now I find that I need to wrap the code with the following:

if(curNode.children != null){
    //for loop code
}

in order to get it to work. 

Is there something I'm just completely overlooking here or is this the expected behavior?  I understand that if curNode were null, than trying to reference a variable inside of it would result in a null pointer, but how is referencing a null variable inside of a non-null object throwing that?

Please forgive me if this is something ridiculous, it's late here :)

Thanks!

I'm setting up a new site where I don't want users to see any page other than the login page unless they have been authenticated.  I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to set this up though.

Ideally I would like the main site page be the 'Active Site Home Page' and when a user goes to any page in my site, if they are not authenticated than they will be sent to the login page.  If they are authenticated, than they can view the page.  Is this something that I have to manually put into code or is that handled for me by the Salesforce Portal authentication?  I set the 'Active Site Home Page' to the page I want logged in users to land on and removed this page from the Visualforce Page Access settings of the public user.  This is not working, however, as the user still lands on that home page.

Is there something I am missing about automatic page redirection to the login page if users are not authenticated?

Thanks!

I have a custom object which uses the standard Name field and I also have a custom field called display name.  I'd like the display name field to default to the Standard Name field but I can't seem to get it to work.  I'd love to avoid a trigger for such a trivial thing. I suppose I could use a Workflow Field update but that also seems like a bit much for such a simple task.  I tried just putting Name in the Formula field but it gives the following error: Error: Field Name may not be used in this type of formula

I think I already know the answer to this but I'm hoping that I'm just somehow missing an easy way to do this without workflows or triggers.

Thanks!

I have a custom object that allows a particular queue to own the records.  In fact, when every record that get's created defaults to this queue as the owner.  I have also created a custom email workflow rule that sends out a descriptive email regarding the record.  The issue is that a default "Record has been transferred to you" email is also being sent out.  I'm not sure where to shut that default email off, so the only thing that is sent out is my Workflow. 

Thanks!

I have a single class that I'm working on in Eclipse and have been working over for over 9 monhts.  I have been able to push changes to production without any issue until recently.  For whatever reason, when I go to Deploy to Server my class does not show up as having been modified.  It is coming up in the grey section with the description of (no differences detected).  No matter what changes I make to the class, I cannot get it to show up as having been modified.  So even if I select the class (while it's greyed out) it does not make any changes to the production class.

Has anyone come across this issue?  I suppose I could just push it out myself with the metadata api but I was just wondering if there was a quick fix in eclipse for this.

This only seems to be happeneing to the 1 class by the way, all other classes that get modified are being recognized as having been modified.

Thanks

I'm trying to create a .net site (c#) to display a crystal report that uses Salesforce data.  The problem is, when I try to refresh the data in the report, I get the following error

Failed to load Database information.
Details:  The database connector 'crdb_sforce.dll' could not be loaded.  The correct version of the database client for this database type might not be installed.

So I locate the crdb_sforce.dll file on the machine (found in the Crystal Reports .....\Common\3.5\bin folder) and try to add it as a reference to the project.  This throws the following error:

A reference to 'C\.......\crdb_sforce.dll' could not be added.  No type libraries were found in the component.

I'm not really sure how to proceed from here.  I do not come from a .NET/windows world so I'm handcuffed a little on that. 

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten this working, or if it's a simple .NET error that someone would be willing to push me towards the answer.

Thanks

my company has 2 different departments that we like to keep separated, as far as the data in the system is concerned.  As a result, we have sharing rules setup for Accounts and Contacts that keeps this separation.  We also have a role hierarchy setup for each respective department, to allow for the local admins to modify the data.  The issue is that the local admins on side A need to be able to modify records that are owned by other local admins on side A.  This cannot be done since they are on the same level in the role hierarchy, and one would need to be higher up in order to make changes.  But since all of the 'local admins' need equal access to modify records, there is no way we can setup a role hierarcy to match this.

Has anyone run into this type of issue or have any idea how we can solve it?  it doesn't just stop with being able to modify records, they would need the ability to change the ownership as well, which is the real gotcha here since I don't believe account teams or individual account sharing (which would be a pain to setup anyways) would fix the problem.

Thanks 

When overriding a button on a custom object (edit, delete, etc.) with a visualforce page, is there an easy way to determine on that visualforce page what button was pressed to get there? 

So if I override the edit functionality of an object to go to a visualforce page called mypage, is there a way on mypage that I can tell I was re-directed from the edit button fom the object?

Thanks

I'm trying to re-direct a page based on a url parameter.  I've tried the following line in the apex:page tag:

action="{!IF($CurrentPage.parameters.mode='delete',deleteNote,null)}"

but that fails since I apparently can't have a function (deleteNote) returned from the If statement. 

I realize that I can just call an apex function that will handle the logic for me and pass the correct page reference back, but I'm wondering if there is a way to handle this in Visualforce.

Thanks

I'm trying to edit a parameter in a page's url and then re-direct the user to the page with the modified url. 

I have tried the following:

PageReference pref = ApexPages.currentPage();
pref.getParameters().put('edit',paramVal);	
pref.setRedirect(true);
return pref;

But that just returns a blank page.

I've also tried:

pref = new PageReference(pref.getUrl());
pref.setRedirect(true);

Which also returns a blank page.  I can get the page to redirect succesfully but using either of the following

PageReference pref = new PageReference('http://yahoo.com');

or

pref.setRedirect(true);

so I know my redirection is working.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or know how I can accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks

Currently we are using the click-to-dial feature of Salesforce made possible by the Cisco CTI adapter.  The way the call center currently works is that it opens up a task on the side, and automatically logs the task regardless of if you type anything in or not.  We would like to get rid of the Task fields that popup when a phone call is made so that only the click-to-dial functionality remains. 

Can anyone with more experience in the cti world please let me know if this is possible?

Thanks

Is there a quick way to migrate buttons from sandbox to production?   I looked into using the ant mirgation toolkit but could not find a way to migrate the buttons, and I didn't see a buttons option in eclipse for objects.

I'm running into a strange error that can be better explained through code:

<apex:page controller="fakeController">

<apex:form >
<apex:actionFunction rerender="repanel" name="changeDrop" />

<apex:outputPanel id="repanel">
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:repeat value="{!mtfo}" var="m">
<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel value="{!m.name} stage" />
<apex:selectList value="{!m.stage}" multiselect="false" size="1" onchange="changeDrop()">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!stageOptions}" />
</apex:selectList>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!m.show}">
<apex:inputText value="{!m.val}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

public with sharing class fakeController {

public List<SelectOption> stageOptions{get{
if(stageOptions==null){
stageOptions = new List<SelectOption>{new SelectOption('one','one'), new SelectOption('two','two'), new SelectOption('three','three')};
}
return stageOptions;
}set;
}

public List<myTempFakeObj> mtfo{get{
if(mtfo==null){
mtfo = new List<myTempFakeObj>{};
mtfo.add(new myTempFakeObj(true,'first','one'));
mtfo.add(new myTempFakeObj(false,'second','two'));
mtfo.add(new myTempFakeObj(false,'third','three'));
}
return mtfo;
}set;
}
public class myTempFakeObj{
public Boolean show{get;set;}
public String name{get;set;}
public String stage{get;set;}
public String val{get;set;}

public myTempFakeObj(Boolean show, String name, String stage){
this.show = show;
this.name = name;
this.stage = stage;
}
}

}

This generates a simple page with 3 drop down menus and text fields.  The text fields are only shown if the 'show' variable in myTempFakeObj is set to true.  When the drop down option selected is changed, the page is re-rendered.  There are a few different scenarios that occur, depending on what text-fields are shown:

1. all 3 MyTempFakeObj's show attributes are true --- everything works as expected
  2. the 'first' TempFakeObj is set to true and the other two (second, third) are false  -- when changing the drop down option selected in any of the drop down lists, any text that was typed into the 'first' val box dissapears. 
  3. The 'first' and 'third' obj's show is set to true and the 'second' is set to false -- the third val text box does not show.  For some reason each object seems dependent on the ones before it.

I'm sure that I'm doing a horrible job explaining this, but you can get a better idea of what's going on by creating this simple page and controller and playing with the page and values a bit. 

Just simply using the code I have above, typing any value into the text box that is displayed and then changing the drop down menu should show some of the behavior I'm talking about.

I'm trying to put some code in repeat tags and it seems as if the css is getting messed up as a result.  For example, if I have the folliwng page and controller:

<apex:page controller="testrepeat" >
   <apex:form>
   <apex:pageBlock>
   <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
           <apex:outputLabel for="field1" value="{!showOne.Name}" />
           <apex:inputField value="{!showOne.id}" id="field"/>
       </apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
       <apex:repeat value="{!showSome}" var="s" >
               <apex:outputLabel for="field" value="{!s.name}" />
               <apex:inputField value="{!s.id}" id="field"/>
           </apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
       </apex:repeat>
   </apex:pageBlockSection>
   </apex:pageBlock>
   </apex:form>
</apex:page>

public class testrepeat {
    public List<Account> showSome{get{
        if(showSome == null){
            showSome = [select Name, Id from Account limit 3];
        }
        return showSome;
        }set;
    }

public Account showOne{get{
        return showSome[0];
        }
        set;
    }
}

the account from showOne has a particular formatting going on, but the accounts from showSome doesn't seem to have any style at all. 

I'm just wondering if this is expected behavior because I would expect that showSome should have the same look as showOne.

I am working on setting up a customer portal so that my internal users can share documents with contacts in the system.  The internal users are currently using a system to do this that displays the documents in a hierarchical folder structure, so they would like to keep it that way.  I have seen a few posts on the forums regarding tree structures, so that seems easy enough to implement but it would have to be simple enough to allow the internal users to add documents to certain folders as well as create new folders.

My question is, has anyone either tried to or successfully implemented a strucutre like this within Salesforce Portal? 

I'm trying to get an idea of tools that you may have used or any pitfalls that came up, as I'm trying to avoid having to re-invent the wheel.

Any helpful respone would be greatly appreciated.

This post is slightly similar to a previous post found here.  In particular I am concerned with the following quote

"Attachments will follow the same security as the parent record."

It seems as if activities fall in line with this same principle.  Does this mean that there is no way to allow users access to an account, but not access to the related attachments and tasks?  It's easy enough to lock down all of the other related (lists) items of an Account, but apparentley these fall through the cracks?

Can anyone verify that this is indeed the case and there are no workarounds.

I'm trying to create a section on my page that allows the user to select different views of the same information (displayed as a table) via tabs.  So the first tab (show all) will show all records for the object, the 2nd tab (show a) would show the same data in the same table but filtered to show only records of type a, the 3rd tab (show b) would be the same except for records of type b and so on. 

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this without having to have what would be essentially the same code to display the table (except for the  "value" var in the pageblocktable tag) in each tab tag.  I thought about using custom components to accomplish this but I also have a requirement to have commandlinks in the table that will call a function in a controller to sort the table data and refresh.  With my ignorance of custom components I'm unsure if I can make a call to a function in the controller for the page that will be displaying the component.  

So the reason I'm posting is to try to understand the best practices for what I'm trying to accomplish.  If you think this could be better illustrated with some code examples please let me know and I'll supply them.

Thanks!

I'm setting up a new site where I don't want users to see any page other than the login page unless they have been authenticated.  I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to set this up though.

Ideally I would like the main site page be the 'Active Site Home Page' and when a user goes to any page in my site, if they are not authenticated than they will be sent to the login page.  If they are authenticated, than they can view the page.  Is this something that I have to manually put into code or is that handled for me by the Salesforce Portal authentication?  I set the 'Active Site Home Page' to the page I want logged in users to land on and removed this page from the Visualforce Page Access settings of the public user.  This is not working, however, as the user still lands on that home page.

Is there something I am missing about automatic page redirection to the login page if users are not authenticated?

Thanks!

Do you build the site from scratch in VF, and then drop in html for each section?

or

Just insert the entire site between <apex:page> tags?

I have not found any tutorial or cheat sheet on this.  The big cloud realty sample suggests that the site would have to be built and formatted by hand coding apex tags.  Is there a code share for one of the Sites Gallery sites or something similar.

• October 04, 2010

I have a custom object that allows a particular queue to own the records.  In fact, when every record that get's created defaults to this queue as the owner.  I have also created a custom email workflow rule that sends out a descriptive email regarding the record.  The issue is that a default "Record has been transferred to you" email is also being sent out.  I'm not sure where to shut that default email off, so the only thing that is sent out is my Workflow. 

Thanks!

I'm trying to create a trigger to send an email notification to the original creator of a case anytime a Case Comment is added.  I've tried everything and I can not get the syntax correct.  Can anyone offer any suggestions.  I keep getting an error with the query statement stating unexpected token 'cc'

The code I have is:

trigger NotifyCaseCreator on CaseComment (after delete, after insert, after undelete,after update) {

for(CaseComment cc:[select parent.createdby.email from cc where id = cc record id]){
    Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
    String[] toAddresses = new String[] {cc};
     }  
           mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
           mail.setSubject('A New Case Comment Has Been Added');
           string msg = 'A Comment has been added to a Case that you had created.  The Comment was added by UserID:';

for (CaseComment u : Trigger.new) {
          msg = msg + u.CreatedBy;
         }

mail.setHtmlBody(msg);

Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}

I need help creating a validation rule so when the type of default of None is not changed the user receives an error message that they must select a Value other than the default None.
  • August 10, 2010

For the new or existing Report Tool (the correct name is???): Is there a possibility to use a query language like SQL for accessing the data? If yes: Is it provided in the Professional Version License

I'm trying to create a .net site (c#) to display a crystal report that uses Salesforce data.  The problem is, when I try to refresh the data in the report, I get the following error

Failed to load Database information.
Details:  The database connector 'crdb_sforce.dll' could not be loaded.  The correct version of the database client for this database type might not be installed.

So I locate the crdb_sforce.dll file on the machine (found in the Crystal Reports .....\Common\3.5\bin folder) and try to add it as a reference to the project.  This throws the following error:

A reference to 'C\.......\crdb_sforce.dll' could not be added.  No type libraries were found in the component.

I'm not really sure how to proceed from here.  I do not come from a .NET/windows world so I'm handcuffed a little on that. 

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten this working, or if it's a simple .NET error that someone would be willing to push me towards the answer.

Thanks

my company has 2 different departments that we like to keep separated, as far as the data in the system is concerned.  As a result, we have sharing rules setup for Accounts and Contacts that keeps this separation.  We also have a role hierarchy setup for each respective department, to allow for the local admins to modify the data.  The issue is that the local admins on side A need to be able to modify records that are owned by other local admins on side A.  This cannot be done since they are on the same level in the role hierarchy, and one would need to be higher up in order to make changes.  But since all of the 'local admins' need equal access to modify records, there is no way we can setup a role hierarcy to match this.

Has anyone run into this type of issue or have any idea how we can solve it?  it doesn't just stop with being able to modify records, they would need the ability to change the ownership as well, which is the real gotcha here since I don't believe account teams or individual account sharing (which would be a pain to setup anyways) would fix the problem.

Thanks 

Hi Pros.

i have a VF Page in which i have set standardController="account".

i would like to remove Some of the related list from the current Account object.

if i use the syntax of <apex:detail relatedList="false"/>, all the related list will be removed an i dont want that to happen.

i would like to use the default list of related lists and only remove some of the related lists and not all.

can anybody help me for this?

any comments is more than welcome

Mojtaba

When overriding a button on a custom object (edit, delete, etc.) with a visualforce page, is there an easy way to determine on that visualforce page what button was pressed to get there? 

So if I override the edit functionality of an object to go to a visualforce page called mypage, is there a way on mypage that I can tell I was re-directed from the edit button fom the object?

Thanks

HI,

I'm new to Apex Code and would like help to create a trigger that converts text within a field to Title Case.

For example: 12 NEW STREET  converted to 12 New Street.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

• June 07, 2010

I'm trying to edit a parameter in a page's url and then re-direct the user to the page with the modified url. 

I have tried the following:

pref.setRedirect(true);
return pref;

But that just returns a blank page.

I've also tried:

pref = new PageReference(pref.getUrl());
pref.setRedirect(true);

Which also returns a blank page.  I can get the page to redirect succesfully but using either of the following

PageReference pref = new PageReference('http://yahoo.com');

or

pref.setRedirect(true);

so I know my redirection is working.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or know how I can accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks

I am in the process of trying to set up some tabs for my company to use for their database and am wondering if it is possible to have information from one tab auto-populate information in another tab. Here's basically what I'm talking about:

I have created a Tab called Management Companies and set up all my necessary fields. We are also going to be using the Accounts tab and there would be a link between this tab and the Management Companies one. I am trying to see if there is a way that, once a company has been added to the Management Companies section, once I type in their name on the Accounts tab that the rest of their corresponding fields (Address, Phone number, etc) would be auto-populated instead of having to retype their information. This would also help ensure that the Management Company information is consistent and the Accounts get linked properly. Anyone have any idea how I can set this up? Any help is appreciated.

Hello.  On p. 420 of the 2008 Force.com Developers Guide (distributed at Dreamforce 2008), it says that "Message.sendMail method takes an array of messages to send, so you can send multiple messages in one single call."

Does this mean I can send an array of different email messages, each to a single recipient, in one call?  What is the syntax for constructing the array?  The documentation is not clear.

Here are the specifics of my situation: I need to send an email containing a personalized URL to several people, and I can't use merge fields/templates because the people's data are stored in a custom object, not in the Contact object.

Thanks

David

Hi:

When no records are found in my search result I need to return a message to the user on the page No records were found...Here is my code for it.. As you see I tried to do it but nuthing happens...Someone please help..

public List<Account> getResults() { 

return this.results;    

}    

public PageReference doSearch() {        
    results = (List<Account>)
    [FIND :searchText IN NAME FIELDS RETURNING Account(Name,BillingState,BillingCity,Phone,Website,Id,RecordType.Name)] [0];        
if(results==null){  
    ApexPages.addMessage(new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR,'No Records found'));
    }

return null;    
}

Is there a quick way to migrate buttons from sandbox to production?   I looked into using the ant mirgation toolkit but could not find a way to migrate the buttons, and I didn't see a buttons option in eclipse for objects.

Hi all,

is there a way to lookup for portal users vis the standard lookup dialogue?

I only retrieve standard platform users. Am i missing something?

Regards, Johannes